Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 168 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It's not going to happen. Lewis would become a pariah in F1--and he can't leave the stage. He will implore his supporters to show love, tolerance and forgiveness.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No he hasn't. But he condones it when his peers use it all the time. The current issue is blown out of proportion because it's only offensive when directly translated to another language, but the direct translation is not correct. This has been pointed out, Nelson has apologized and clarified it, but the issue is still being handled as if it meant the translated slur. Of course it's natural to feel offended at first but when it's all explained...

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It’s some environmental crazies, they come from all sides, remember Niel Horan?

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Gas them with syn fuel.

jpalmito and absostone like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4180 paulchua, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Again, I consider myself an open minded person, which of Hamilton’s friends are offending minorities with racial slurs? I’ve seen rappers call each other racial slurs; but I’ve also seen those guys in the show/movie Jackass intentionally and voluntarily hit each other in the nuts.

To each their own is my motto, as long as Johnny Knoxville and gang aren’t hitting people outside their group, nothing I can say about sadomasochistic chaps.

ricksb likes this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Well stated. The attempted parallelling between Piquet and NWA don't really match for the reason you've illustrated

paulchua likes this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Where did I said such thing?

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    P diddy
    T.i.

I'm prettty open minded myself and rather let people be. As explained in the last post, it was a misunderstanding and the offender has apologized. Lewis is all about 2nd chances, so lets move on.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Do you think you are teaching me anything? :rolleyes:

The name of the country is in fact The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have each their own Assembly since devolution, but not full power.

The Parliament for the whole United Kingdom sits in Westminster.

Anything else I can explain you? You seem so confused ! :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

They are different countries within the same Union. Similar to the EU but under a singular Monarch.

English fans support Murray because he's British, not because he is Scottish.
    If you've ever attended a Scotland v England football match you will understand the difference. The crowd is lively !

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I repeat,

Where did I say that Scotland was part of England ? Answer that !!!

also ,

These are not different countries, but different NATIONS !!! :rolleyes:

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Could be, however the rumors are per the article racially motivated.

13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Did Hamilton respond directly to piquet’s apology?

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Nope. He just said that "we need to stop giving these old voices (Bernie, Piquet and Stewart) a platform. Their views are archaic."

375+ and Bas like this.
  15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, Joe. I’m not surprised. It’s sort of like the way blackmail works, where giving in guarantees that you’ll never see the end of it. With people of a certain viewpoint once you capitulate or perform an act of genuine contrition they see that as a weakness and press the attack.

A gentleman would have said, “I have received and accept Nelson’s gracious apology and as far as I’m concerned that’s an end to the matter.” But no, hammy had to mount his SJW hobby horse…..:rolleyes:

stavura, Bas, JJ and 1 other person like this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #4191 jgonzalesm6, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Yep, once Lewis deemed it a "racial slur".....he along with laterally everyone else went full tilt with the "racial slur" narrative.

Max backs Lewis and said discrimination should not be in F1 BUUUUUUT also believes this has been blown out of proportion. Max also believes that Piquet is NOT RACIST.

Jack-the-lad, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  17. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    For decades, F1 was a positive thing that I could do with my life. It was pure competition and above (actual) politics, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Then...

Jack-the-lad and Bas like this.
  18. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    He NEEDS to be a victim in order to feed his fragile ego. He knows in his heart that he is a good but not great driver who surfed the Merc wave to his inflated stats, and so constantly invents reasons that it was harder for him than anyone else. Nico irrefutably proved that to him and the world in stark, living color. Max and George only reinforced it. It's all so transparent and rather off-putting.

Jack-the-lad and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Lewis didn’t bring this up. Someone in Brazil did. He gets asked a question, he answers it. Hopefully you weren’t expecting him to agree with Piquet?

I think the level of dislike of him is confusing, not only because I don’t see the reason for all of the acrimony, but also because people apparently don’t realize he says and does things to trigger his detractors as much as he does to embrace his supporters. Easy pickin’s…

20. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    You literally just called LH a troll, and in the same breath said you don't understand why people don't like him. :D

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4196 paulchua, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Thanks!

I’m not perfect, I know only one man that claimed that, and it’s not me.

I will admit that I have made racist and (now we learn homophobic) jokes in the past.

This was when I was a teenager in the 80s! I didn’t have gay friends or people I love from every ethnicity.

But circa 2021? Good lord, if folks here and Piquet still call blacks ******s and gays ***gots, well as I said earlier: do it loudly and proud. It’s good for not only for people to see who holds these views, but make it clear for other folks to decide for themselves what’s proper or not.

There’s a point where I can’t change a person that likes to use racial or gay slurs, I get it these folks get super mad society now rejects behavior like this. I mean folks get mad about a lot of things that are no longer tolerated, i still know folks that wish they can smoke inside airplanes. Old habits die hard right?

I wonder if they still will support Leclerc? Charles went out of his way to agree with us and support Lewis.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Funny how Lewis can make comments that deeply upset the LGTB people, apologize, and become one of their heroes, yet he still has the stones to tell an entire demographic to shut up.

Rules for me not for thee much?

Jeronimo GTO and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I think Lewis should understand the Brazilian Portuguese language dialect first before commenting.....as with everyone else.

I posted an excerpt of that same video of Nelson Piquet (on this same thread) where Piquet makes reference to the both Keke and Nuco Rosberg using that same "racial slur"..........and nothing from anyone.......crickets chirping.

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @ricksb

It's no different when someone came up to Lewis and said..."Hey, let's sue this watch company that has your last name!!!!".....in which Lewis did without doing his due diligence. Hamiton has been making watches since the late 1800's BUUUUT Sir Lewis feels he's "entitled" to that last name.

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and jpalmito like this.
  25. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That isnt what happened, lewis company tried to trademark his name lewis hamilton on watches and other things, and the watch company took lewis to court.

william likes this.