Going to Abu Dhabi (early I know, but looking for advice) | FerrariChat

Going to Abu Dhabi (early I know, but looking for advice)

Discussion in 'F1' started by Steveinfl, Jul 27, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    The wife and Daughter (she's the biggest F1 fan!) and I are headed to Abu Dhabi for the last race. We've already got our flights, hotel (staying at the Ritz Carlton), and our tix (doing paddock club plus the Ferrari Suite for Saturday and Sunday).

We've never been to an F1 race before.

Looking for any advice on ... well...anything really! Just tips etc. things to do, not do, things to bring etc.

Also any thoughts on things we must do when staying in Abu Dhabi or in Dubai etc.

Greatly appreciated. Spending a lot of money on this so we'd like to do it right!

Thank you!

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I think with the Paddock club and Ferrari hospitality, you won’t need to bring anything and everything will be done for you.
    You have most basis covered, just a shame your outlay cannot guarantee a Ferrari 1-2 ;)

Steveinfl likes this.
  3. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    The only thing i can think of to do is Ferrari World at the track

4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Maybe a 4x4 adventure in the desert?

5. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Thanks - I looked into that for sure. If anyone's been there, would love some color on that. When looking at it online it looked like a tourist trap and really designed for kids (my Daughter is 27). Also, the big draw was driving a 458/488 or something like that..which...I already have covered :)

6. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Looking at those - we all want to do a desert trip for sure. All the ones I'm seeing look quite touristy though...like ending up at a "camp" for belly dancing. Kind of like a Hawaiian luau has become. Trying to find something a bit more upscale and without the camel rides :)

635CSI likes this.
  7. cava

cava Karting

Apr 10, 2005
    Full Name:
    Cava
    Have you thought about falconry? It’s more spectator based, but hunting in a traditional sense.

Steveinfl likes this.
  8. Dominik B.

Dominik B. Karting

Mar 5, 2017
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Dominik B
    How about a museum, depending on the duration of your trip: Louvre Abu Dhabi.

Steveinfl likes this.
  9. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    For and F1 first time you certainly book a first class trip for sure. I think you and your family will the the Ferrari experience. Good luck. Can’t wait till you report back after the race with your thoughts and photos
    This is on my list too

Steveinfl likes this.
  10. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Will check that out for sure!

11. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Paddock club is like walking into heaven. Enjoy!

Steveinfl likes this.
  12. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I haven't been to one since seeing Senna win the Detroit Grand Prix, but it was loud! Bring ear plugs. See the sites, the mosque, museums, Ferrari World, etc. The Mall, aquarium and Burj Khalifa in Dubai are pretty amazing. The souks can be interesting. I somewhat regret not buying some Iraq currency and other bills from dead dictators while window shopping.

If you could get me an autographed shirt or program by the drivers and team, I can't think of anything else you should do at the race, just pm me where to send the money ;)

OH pictures! Post pictures of what is going on in the various areas you are allowed into...

Steveinfl likes this.
  13. Dominik B.

Dominik B. Karting

Mar 5, 2017
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Dominik B
    If you feel an itch to drive, there is a mountain road Jebel Hafeet (2 hours drive - one way). Years ago when I was there, the top was pretty un-attractive. Drive up, make a U-turn look into Oman, and stop at the hotel further down. You see it on the way up, if it still exists.

If you plot a back road you find Al Yahar Modern Restaurant Mandi. I wasn't there, but the rating is good. That costs you one day. Should make the wife happy, after the long drive. Unless she drives anyway :)

The Al-Ain oasis is below the mountain road, but again, not very spectacular.

If you need to cool off, visit the Mall of The Emirates near Palm Jumeirah. Plenty of shops and entertainment.

Since you are spending, my best advice is getting a local guide and plot down what you like. This way you may find yourself at a street race in the night.
    He can also advise better on restaurants (i.e. the Mandi)

Dubai has many attractions created from nothing to attract people. You can even go skiing!

Steveinfl likes this.