Scuderia Ferrari 2022 | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Scuderia Ferrari 2022

Discussion in 'F1' started by jpalmito, Sep 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I agree
    To achieve this they absolutely needs :
    1/ To Solve their problems in term of strategy
    2/ Mercedes not to be a real contender.
    Just a wish I know.

Bas and william like this.
  2. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    I cannot believe Mercedes gets their way...again.

Bas, Giallo 550 and 375+ like this.
  3. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What new porpoising rules??

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I wouldn't write them off yet, although their chances are compromised for this year.

Mercedes has shown in the past to be a team that can redress a situation quickly.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Twice. Also the 2023 car regulations.

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Their political/legal departments have some speed.

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I find it amazing that no one in the FIA has the balls to tell toto go **** himself.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Jean Todt was a political animal back in his team boss days too. It's part of racing.

The other team bosses need to counteract Toto so that the outcome is decided on track rather than indirectly by the FIA by changes made in the board room.

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very true...but it's an area of F1 I strongly dislike. I forget who said it but F1 team bosses are only ever looking out of their own self interest. They need a dictator in the sport that looks out of commercial and sporting interests. That's why I liked Bernie...he did a lot of stuff wrong as well of course, but that part of the business he saw very well.

Toto is so damn obvious with his demands, I'm genuinely surprised that the FIA bows down so quickly. I don't think Toto gets told ''no'' very often. The way he lambasted Ferrari/Red Bull the other day, saying how can they not have another car concept running on the side in case of stuff like this (completely ignoring the fact that 1 of those teams has no porpoising issues at all, and the other team doesn't complain about it) was amazing to me...especially in a cost cap era where those 2 teams are fighting for a title so obvious spending their money to make their car faster and not for issues that another team has who is pushing for mid season rule changes to suit their own needs. speaking of cost cap, them running at least one other concept alongside and upgrading their current car on a weekly basis is not suspect at all? No known punishment for breaking the rule of course, either...

classic308 likes this.
  10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    speaking of cost cap, them running at least one other concept alongside and upgrading their current car on a weekly basis is not suspect at all? No known punishment for breaking the rule of course, either... book it to Ineos problem solved, so the team that spent the most last season and throws new parts on the car every week is within the budget cap....

SimCity3 likes this.
  11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I have said before that those guys are public relations gold dust and thence hugely important for the multi faceted global Ferrari 'brand'.
    Just imagine how much bigger their global impact would be if they won more races and even championships ?
    Perhaps somebody could run that by the strategy department ?

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    A CEO who doesn't put the interest of his company first isn't doing his job !

Running an F1 team is no different than any other business.

Toto Wollf's priority isn't our entertainment, but defending MB tooth and nails, and he is doing that. Him and Horner are fighting for their corner, others less.

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Almost every Ferrari sold since 2005 is being recalled.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

A faulty brake fluid reservoir cap might not vent properly, causing brake failure.

Spare a thought for Ferrari. Not its F1 team, repeatedly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as rival Red Bull romps away with the championships, but the road car division, which is in the process of recalling nearly every car it has sold since 2005.

The problem is the cap of the brake fluid reservoir. It's designed to vent pressure if necessary, but evidently that design isn't so hot. Venting can fail to happen, causing a vacuum to build up, resulting in a possible leak of brake fluid. And if you don't have any brake fluid in your brake lines, you aren't going to be able to slow down or stop (without hitting something large and solid).

The fix is therefore pretty simple—a new brake fluid reservoir cap, and a software patch that lets a driver know if their brake fluid reservoir is running low. (Should this occur, Ferrari says pull over immediately and get the car towed.)

The company thinks that only about 1 percent of cars are affected, but prudence requires replacing them all. Which is about 23,555 cars in the US, starting with 612 Scagliettis built in early 2004. In fact, the only Ferraris that will be exempt will be the 575M Maranello, 599 GTB, SF90, and the new 296 hybrid.

Owners should be notified toward the end of September by Ferrari about when to bring their cars in to be fixed.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/08/almost-every-ferrari-sold-since-2005-is-being-recalled/

14. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    LVP488, stavura, william and 3 others like this.
  15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The drivers aren't the problem.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal

william likes this.
  18. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

do the glossy stuff, but only AFTER winning the WDC !

Giallo 550 likes this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The news FIA boss is proving to be a lightweight. Probably scared of Wolff

stavura, ingegnere, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Or complicit. He has a fleet of Mercedes 600s so perhaps he has carte blanche at Mercedes Classic?

jpalmito, Bas and SimCity3 like this.
  21. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Probably on the Mercedes payroll. The fix is clearly in. Rampant corruption while the “Nothing to see here” gang either can’t or won’t connect the dots.

Who knows? Maybe Masi was sick of the corruption and did what he did to make up for it and go out with a bang.

stavura, SimCity3, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Indeed. He’s probably the one who took this picture…