SCUD pricing guide | Page 117 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    alum04org likes this.
  2. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Congrats @njcycleguy !

I think you got a red-hot deal on an awesome specimen. Hope you drive it aplenty :D:D:D

njcycleguy likes this.
  3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    My bad .. thanks for clarifying

Still curious why the 16m went so low ..Scud coupe money ..I don't think i have seen that ever

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Awesome deal ..enjoy..happy that you got it

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

njcycleguy likes this.
  5. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks guys. I've had it my eye on it since the BaT auction began.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats - cant imagine you have much downside at that price

njcycleguy likes this.
  7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle values don't hold my interest - we love our cars and that is that - but the 16M market value relative to others remains a puzzle to me. It's almost like the market haven't driven one!

Beautiful car above. Congrats

8. MKS0129

MKS0129 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Matt S
    I feel like the scud market mimics the 997 gt2 market. Many years the 997 gt2 traded at or near msrp. Those days are long gone. Good examples are now 350k+ with the 2RS up into the 700’s. It took Covid for people to acknowledge. The scud will follow with time. I sold my 2rs for scud. I’m happy. Very happy.

9. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I think you are right. Unfortunately, as I’m now priced out of a 7-2 and have wanted one for years (and passed on many sub 200k examples). The main principle here I guess is “you snooze you lose”. Oh well, at least I got a scud before they jumped to a half a million LOL. There is one big difference between the scud and Gt2 markets though. Its that theres literally 200 of those 997 Gt2’s in North America (non rs). Those kind of production numbers will definitely keep values high.

10. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
    I have a 2009 scud that has a rebuilt title. The car was in an accident in 2013 and salvaged. It was restored in 2014 and has driven 10,500 miles since. It is an amazing car.. Total of 16,000 miles on clock now. I have personally put 3,000 miles on the car.. Any thoughts on value?? The stripes are silver and they are still factory painted. I put gold vynil over them.. The car has ppf on the entire front end doors and rockers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  12. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
    Thanks for the quick feedback.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Put it on bat with no reserve and you cld be surprised to the upside

My 2 cents

14. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
    I might do that if I find a 458 challenge race car to replace it with.

15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    There are different degrees of salvage .
    Sometimes an Ins co will salvage for relatively little damage and other times the car will be totaled .
    Do you have pics of the accident ?

16. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
  17. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    MEGACHAD likes this.
  18. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I agree with @patina. Most salvage cars feature damage much more extensive than this (especially when the car has a high residual value!). My bet is that this was easily fixable within salvage guidelines/formulas, but that the owner negotiated to get out of repairs as he/she didn't want a repaired car. Even with the cost of wheels, CCM disks, etc...., that couldn't have approached half the value of the car to repair. Seems like a good opportunity for someone to get a driver for WAY less than market ($295 is cheapest one for sale right now if I'm not mistaken).

MEGACHAD likes this.
  19. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
    I think because the airbags went off they salvaged it.. I felt like it was pretty minimal as well. You see people like Tavarish and what he is trying to repair to have a scud. This car was nothing comparatively. The car was repaired in california in 2014 and they seem to be stringent on removing the Salvage tag and changing it to Salvaged which it was. The title is now a utah title and it is noted as rebuilt restored. It's been an amazing car. 100% problem free guilt free car to drive since I got it.

20. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

3k mile yellow scud on ebay with salvage title. asking 229k. Ad claims the accident that prompted the salvage was the car hitting the inside of an enclosed car hauler when the transport vehicle was in an accident, and that the damage was purely cosmetic. If true, could be an pretty awesome "driver" for someone that wants to rack up some guilt free miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144691179515?hash=item21b0442ffb:g:vHAAAOSwHwRi-~Pz&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoH2UXewhsEtxVLG%2BTwy7qZ8%2BYAMuJ2451PKOamEgr2CVGnh5rbxk2BuMYCzvUZBbgP6UjNzjOP2F6J9YYCAE6LMAl9Y0OUb6a93KjEjSi0nRlM1YTfFHUg9OgXjlg6wguAqvn28NIlVXsGwl%2BISw08KMX8iw2R7PaYqII0XpPfoCfE2DwOLj0sZdR2RwZRXzyShfFmDqXhQ4zgApNcMybko%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6TC6dTaYA

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    good car to convert

22. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Are CS cars demanding more money then the Scud?

23. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    They pretty much always have, that said the Scud has really closed the gap recently.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

285ferrari likes this.
  24. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    It appears Scuds and CSs are pretty close to equal right now. As said above, Scuds have appreciated rapidly.