2009 California with multiple error messages | FerrariChat

2009 California with multiple error messages

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by rcoyle, Jun 27, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcoyle

rcoyle Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Coyle
    I am New to Ferrari

Purchased a 2009 California,14,500 miles with a power warranty that will expire on 7/1/22, in February ,2022 that has had issues since purchase

Purchased from a Ferrari Dealer that is about 350 miles away, vehicle was shipped to my home.

First issue, a week after I had the vehicle the top did not operate and had multiple error messages, I took it to a local Ferrari dealer, that stated the battery was bad, battery was replaced and the error codes were cleared. It was good for about a week. After each drive the Ferrari battery maintainer was installed to the port. The next week, went to start the vehicle waited for the check cycle and had multiple error messages again, drove the vehicle for 10 minutes, shut the vehicle off and error codes were gone.

Assuming the Ferrari battery maintainer was bad, I changed to a CTEK battery maintainer, plugged into the port in the trunk, next day low voltage and multiple error codes. I thought I may have a bad battery. I then attached a battery charger to the battery on low for an overnight charge. Next day, no error messages.

Vehicle is back at the dealer to check battery and check out to extend the power warranty.

This is what I got from the dealer, need diagnostic time to inspect electrical system/no communications to the scan tool! They swapped the body control module and still do not have communications!

Can anyone offer any assistance? Has this happened to anyone?

I previously had a Porsche and an Aston Martin an had zero problems. Owning a Ferrari has always been a dream of mine, and I am totally disgusted at this point, I feel that I should have kept the Aston Martin.

2. oldman1982

oldman1982 Rookie

Jun 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harris M
    i recently also had rain sensor and twilight sensor failure on my ‘10 cali. replaced the sensor but still no luck

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You might post in the California section here. “New old” cars sometimes need debugging.

4. oldman1982

oldman1982 Rookie

Jun 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harris M
    i checked with the ferrari dealer again to make sure. they said it's the BCM module (NBC or something) that need replacement. they ordered the part . including labor all is USD 2,500 dollars. no clue what makes it happen

5. KS_California

KS_California Karting

Jan 24, 2022
    Eastern KS - Just west of KC
    Full Name:
    Werner Bartels
    That's a bummer. Once you get car fixed - drive it. Worst thing you can do is leave these cars parked. I've already put over 6,000 miles on my 2010 Cali since January.

Bill Phillips likes this.
  6. oldman1982

oldman1982 Rookie

Jun 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harris M
    i’ll drive it real hard once the power warranty approved by my dealer probably next week

7. rcoyle

rcoyle Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Coyle

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app