Ferrari Warranty Options and Pricing as of 8/18/2022 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Warranty Options and Pricing as of 8/18/2022

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Aug 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    As of 8/18/2022 the following information is correct for FNA. Pricing, options, etc are always subject to change. Power 15, MainPower15, and LaFerrari Power require in person inspections of the chassis. Services have to be current. Aftermarket add ons can affect the approval process. Total Loss, Stolen Vehicles, and other situations may keep a chassis from passing the inspection process.

V8
    $10,800 Extended Coverage Plus 2 years
    $6,900 Extended Coverage Plus 1 year
    $4,900 Power 15
    $5,300 Main Power 15

v12
    $14,500 Extended Coverage Plus 2 years
    $9,500 Extended Coverage Plus 1 year
    $6,300 Power 15
    $6,700 Main Power 15

SF90
    $14,500 Extended Coverage Plus 2 years
    $9,500 Extended Coverage Plus 1 year

La Ferrari
    $28,060 la Ferrari Power
    2 years coverage, including the Hy-Kers, the next 2 years annual services, round trip enclosed transport to the closest Ferrari Dealership, roadside assistance, and may be purchased up to the 8th year!
    Currently no coverage available past the 10th year, but that can change. Best part, the La Ferrari does not have to be under warranty currently to qualify, but it does have to be up to date on services and an inspection is required to initiate that is an additional cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Coverage Plus = Same coverage as under the initial 3 year factory warranty

Power 15 = Used to be called New Power Warranty, new name, same coverages + a few more items

Main Power 15 = Used to be called Main Power Warranty, new name , same coverage as Power 15 but it includes the NEXT annual service.

Ferrari SpA sets pricing and while there is profit, it's not absorbent, and while negotiable, I wouldn't expect any dealership to do it. ( $250.00 off for active FCA or FC Members in good standing would be a great offer if presented )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renewal Discounts

Power 15 15% Discount for renewal and a further 15% discount if there are no warranty claims during the previous warranty period. The second discount can only be used if the first condition is valid.

MainPower15 10% Discount for renewal without interval. For MainPower15 there is only one discount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what is and is not a covered item for any of the above options, please speak with your dealer, that way there are no assumptions or misunderstandings.

I am certainly happy to help, where I may.

Steve

jvd007, SupD, Snewton94024 and 4 others like this.
  2. NJPortofino

NJPortofino Rookie

Dec 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    D T
    Is it reasonable/typical for the dealership to mark these up further to account for the work they have to do to evaluate the cars? Or is there already profit in the numbers below for the dealer?

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    IMO

Every Dealership I am aware of charges to perform the required inspection.

Warranty Extension, not so much (We do not charge for this inspection)
    Power 15 or MainPower15 - the v8 inspection is close to 7 hours , the V12 inspection closer to 8 hours, when performed correctly. So yes, there would be a charge.
    La Ferrari - Also, an extensive inspection and application process.

There is not enough profit to cover the cost of the inspection.

Steve

4. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I’ve always bought privately, but a dealership once told me if you don’t get the vehicle from a Ferrari dealership you won’t be able to register it for something what they said is like certified Ferrari from the factory itself which offers different warranty inclusions- sounded like he was BSing but I checked the Ferrari website and yea there is such a thing that they put the car in a registered system of some sort- gonna check these warranties out though, thanks for the info!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    In order for a Ferrari to be considered Certified Pre Owned ( CPO ) it must have been purchased through a Ferrari Dealership.
    CPO means that it has gone through an inspection process and brought up to Ferrari SpA standards. It does NOT mean that it is a 100% perfect showroom new condition, so read the clearly written details when considering a CPO Ferrari. One of the biggest advantages of the CPO program is that the Ferrari will come with 2 years of whichever warranty option is available at that time. ( Example: 2 years of Power15 for the price of 1 OR 2 years of extended coverage for the price of 1 ) This special is only available if you purchase your Ferrari from a Ferrari dealership.

Pretty much any current Ferrari my be presented for Power15, Main Power15, or even Extended Coverage. The Ferrari would have to be inspected at a Ferrari Dealership, be currently serviced per Ferrari SpA guidelines, and pass said inspection criteria. Then the application would be submitted for approval, usually within 24-48 hours.
    NOTE: Not ALL Ferrari are eligible, so please ask your dealer contact to confirm.

This is all complicated and seems to be evolving all the time.

S

luvair likes this.
  6. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Thanks for that info- it wasn’t the CPO program it was something entirely different they mentioned, could’ve been something only that specific dealership offered, don’t remember was 2yrs ago …but are ALL pre owned Ferraris CPO by the dealerships? I didn’t think they were but maybe it’s dealer by dealer?

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

CPO is a SpA certification, instead of FNA ? I am curious if the same CPO certification exists in other countries, because presumably the CPO elements (if a covered item needs repair) are paid by the local market, not the factory - right?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Not all pre-owned Ferrari are CPO. Dealerships choose which Ferrari to perform the required inspection on in anticipation of sale. A buyer may come in and request a Ferrari be certified, obviously there are cost associated with that, that would be worked in to the purchase price / deal ( It's far from free ) and anything found during the inspection would have to be addressed prior to sale.

CPO standards are across the board. How much additional reconditioning beyond the CPO portion, however is up to each Dealership.

S

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    That's a good question, I have been speaking about USA only, but I will look into your question.

SpA pays FNA for warranty claim , FNA pays Dealership for warranty claim has been my understanding.
    Said another way..
    Client comes to dealership with warrantable repair request
    Dealership gets FNA approval for warranty repair
    FNA submits claim to SpA for approval / payment of said warranty claim

Some warranty repairs, the dealership just performs. Then, there are claims that the dealership has to get FNA pre-approval. Then beyond that, FNA has to get factory approval for some warranty claims before approving the dealership to perform said warranty repair. **

S

** The warranty claim process is even more complicated and ever changing, way too much to share in the venue. ;-)

Ricambi America likes this.
  10. DesmoFerrari

DesmoFerrari Rookie

Oct 10, 2022
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick D
    Steve, if someone purchases the Power 15 coverage plan, do they need to have the car repaired at the Ferrari dealer who sold the plan and completed the initial inspection? Also, if someone already has the Power 15 plan and wanted to renew the plan with a different dealer for the next year, would the new dealer need to do another inspection? If you PM me, I can better explain the current situation. Thank you for all of the valuable information you continually give this community.

Thanks,

Nick

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Nick,

1. Power15 may be used at any Ferrari Dealership in NA

2. Currently, yes the car has to be inspected each year to confirm it still qualifies.

3. PM to follow

Happy to help,

Steve

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    what is the oldest Ferrari eligible for Ferrari warranties?

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    15 years old.

I would suggest having the chassis confirmed in MODIS if a Ferrari you are considering is getting close to the 15 year mark.

Steve

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have a 599 - that is at 14 ... so i guess it does not make much sense. but thanks!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  15. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Thank you for all the details in one message. Based on all the information I gathered (what can go wrong, cost to fix, …) and the 2013/2014 model I am looking for, it’s less expensive to self-insure (for example my budget is $5,000 a year on average for repairs/maintenance, $50,000 put aside for the next 10 years).

mdrums and SAFE4NOW like this.
  16. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    I'm trying to learn if a 2017 with a current two year full extended warranty can be extended for another two years or can only extend for one year.
    My dealer says only a one year is available and for $6,500. Do you have any info on this?
    Thanks.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  17. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    @SAFE4NOW The way I understand it for me is my 2019 488GTB was put into service October 2018. I bought the car from a Ferrari dealer December 2019 and they added the extra 2 yrs full warranty to it. So I think my full warranty runs out December 2023.

There's no way I would keep the car with out full warranty. Turbo's, F1 transmission, electrical cost issues scare me. Replacing a shock is easy and doesn't scare me...LOL

I want to keep the car, I love more than I ever thought I would and as long as my work life continues the way its been going the car is a keeper. I'd love a F8 o 812 but.... So next year sometime in the fall I will probably have to take the car to my independent shop and take off the Novitec springs that I love so much and put the stock springs on to re-do the full factory warranty? My local Ferrari did the Novitec spring install and alignment but the rates are astronomical.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Send me the last 6 of your VIN, I will look it up tomorrow morning and let you know!

Steve

19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Adding 6th & 7th year is definately the way to go, I've added them to my own car whenever possible!

S

mdrums likes this.
  20. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Looking at the chart below and thinking that's much more cost effective to own a 2013/2014 Cali30 without the extended warranty.

Why? My average annual budget for maintenance/repairs is $5,000 (therefore $50,000 over 10 years, which is how long I would keep the car). Based on various research and comments, $50,000 is plenty enough over 10 years to maintain a Cali30 and potentially fix expensive things like the DCT and the roof mechanism (Indys).

Am I right?

21. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    $50,000 sounds fair enough

I for one would like to follow along your ownership , year over year, if you are willing to create a stand alone thread.

Best wishes,

Steve

22. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Thank you, it's reassuring. Yes, it's a good idea and I will create such thread. Fchat's community is fantastic!

I was looking at 2012/13/14 FFs but with all the posts about very expensive issues happening to a number of owners such as PTU, DCT, sensors, ..., I now doubt this could be a car for me at the present time, because my maintenance/repair budget over 10 years remains the same, $50,000 (retirement is coming and I do not want to get out of the comfort zone). What do you think?

My wife and I loved the Cali30 (test drive), would be very happy with it. My ultimate dream is a Ferrari with 4 real seats and a V12 NA. I love the 612 too (gorgeous) and it fits the bill, including the cost over 10 years (not a complicated car compared to the FF, no PTU, solid). What do you think in terms of cost (no warranty, still $50,000 budget over 10 years)? I plan to daily drive my car 5 or 6,000 miles per year: would I be crazy putting 60,000 miles over 10 years (612 or Cali30)? What would happen when I reach 90,000 to 100,000 miles in 10 years: ceramic brakes to change? cost? other mechanical components?

Thank you! :)

23. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    That’s a great idea and I’m creating a thread now as……..I just bought a 2013 Cali30 with 12,000 miles and a 2-year Power15 warranty.

24. SupD

SupD Rookie

Jan 2, 2023
    Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing the information! I found it extremely useful especially when I always have doubts about my local dealership due to many unpleasant experience with them...

The reason for this post is to seek further details in obtaining the Power15 or Main Power15 warranty. If my local dealership performed the required inspection on the vehicle (I have a physical copy of the service record and the inspection report as they refused to provide a soft copy to me), would it be possible for me to purchase the Power15 or Main Power15 through another dealership?

Once again, thank you very much!

25. StigNet

StigNet Rookie

Jan 6, 2023
    Full Name:
    Tommy M
    Great thread.
    Can someone point me to the difference in coverage between Power15 and Main Power15 and the inspection costs?

Thanks in advance.