FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2022: RACE ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 15 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2022: RACE ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

An apt summary of his reality currently. Trying at all to understand this is difficult. Charles has much more information than all of us...........

2. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Yup. Cheatiest team on the grid.

stavura, 375+, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  3. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Pretty much sums it up. What are they doing debating strategy with the driver whilst he's trying to drive 100%? Surely they just have some fancy software that tracks the drivers, has all the projected lap times (for tyre type, tyre age etc) that tells them what's the best option? If they don't, they need to hire someone from another team fast.

kes7u likes this.
  4. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    BTW, if this is all about the car how come VER is a second a lap quicker than his team mate? If it were HAM and anyone else, you'd all be crying conspiracies.

Terra, ktu, william and 1 other person like this.
  5. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    nice post william :)

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    When I say “lifestyle” I’m talking about Ferraris corporate obsession with haute couture and nonsense fashion statements. Being “exclusive” is a different topic.

The stock might be up now but how long till losing effects their brand? Or does it not matter? Todays buyers are so different perhaps F1 doesn’t matter to them?

Bas and Giallo 550 like this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

You will be called a 'Troll' shortly for even posting such truths here lol :)

ktu likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari's production car market and Ferrari F1 have no bearing on the sales of Ferrari production cars/suv.

It's been since 2007 that Ferrari has won a WDC title in F1 and Ferrari's RACE in the stock market is up.

HotShoe likes this.
  9. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I suppose so. I guess as the years go by less and less of their clientele cares about such things.

Hard to imagine Ferrari being the same in the future without winning in F1 or at the very least trying to win. I know I’m in the minority in that regard though.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not really....motorsports in general have no bearing on production car market sales with anyone i.e Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Jaguar, etc, etc. That's been the norm.

Koenigsegg and Pagani aren't in any motorsports yet their cars sell....just to name a few.

william likes this.
  11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a depressing race to watch. Ferrari are an utter shambles. The icing on the cake being the stupid attempt to set fastest lap, failing, and then ending up P6 because of a ridiculous pit lane penalty. A disgrace. A team of clowns. Pack up, go home and don’t come back. Especially the strategy team. Probably the worst strategists in F1 and likely the worst Ferrari strategists since at least 2005. Every race is like watching laurel and hardy go racing. We will be lucky to stay ahead of Merc.

As for Max and Newey - completely faultless today. Max is clearly this years best driver. Newey is, and has been for many years, the best car designer and aerodynamicist in F1. The scale of this victory was just mega, and as we already know, the WDC and WCC are well and truly sewn up.

Time to look forward to 2023 because this year is over.

12. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    That was true with Michael Schumacher and then they hired all the right people. It wasn't true with Alonso or Vettel. It wouldn't necessarily be true with Max. Red Bull has a culture of putting their heads down and getting on with it and that's what brings their success. They have Adrian Newey.

Mind you, I do believe Max is a brilliant driver but Chuck has beaten him on merit this year, not by luck except for the time Max DNF'd.

What Ferrari needs in so many ways is another Luca Montezemolo at the helm. He was able to instill winning culture throughout the company.

stavura, TurboFreak650, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  13. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Haute couture is the stuff LH wears.

HotShoe likes this.
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    It's mostly about the car. And it's not linear thing.

15. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Just love people ****ting on Leclerc here; Verstappen throws his visor tear off straight into Leclerc's brake duct on the start. As result Charles whole race is e'ffed with early pit stop...then what do you know that tear off caused overheating in the duct and some sensors, and because of that his car went over the pit speed limit by a whopping 1 km/h. Leclerc straight after race before knowing about the sensor even fully takes the blame for the pit stuff; poor guy is way too good for this team.
    But nope it's all Leclerc's fault, am I right?

stavura, Thecadster, furoni and 4 others like this.
  16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    These same people last year were saying he is the best driver evar. Now they are saying he's a bad driver.

17. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Ferrari must like it then because I get nonstop emails from them selling hideous clothing.

kes7u and Giallo 550 like this.
  18. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don’t care what anyone says. He’s a Ferrari ace.

stavura, CottonCandy, furoni and 5 others like this.
  19. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Another absolute Ferrari disaster. Red Bull has the best driver, the best car, and the best team, and the best #2 driver. Ferrari should not have pitted Leclerc at the safety car, there was far too much life left in the soft tires...as Max proved. And it put Leclerc totally out of phase with the leading cars...he went back on track and could not pass the back markers with the same ease that Max did. That prevented Leclerc from significantly improving his position when it counted. And in the last stint, putting Sainz on the hard tire was another bad call...and it almost cost him the podium.

But think about it. The driver who started on pole, could barely hold on to P3. Today George Russell looked like a better driver than Sainz or Leclerc...and he did it in a Mercedes. Ferrari should consider scrapping their entire team, including the drivers, and hire Russell and Alonzo...these guys are real racers.

And pitting Leclerc at the end, risking (and losing) 5th place for the last minute sake of a fastest lap...another idiot idea that had Leclerc speeding in the pit lane and losing 5th spot because of a penalty, and not getting fastest lap anyway.

Did Ferrari do anything right today? No. And now they can't even say they are in second position for the driver's championship. Nobody fails backward better than Ferrari.

20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton comment on Twitter:
    "Alonso only knows how to race in the back because he can't get to the front "

21. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    TurboFreak650 and Bas like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't see any reason for Max to leave RBR in the foreseeable future. He's also a big Porsche nut so the likely RBR-Porsche deal will be even more incentive for him to stay.

If he does go to Ferrari eventually he'd only do it on his terms and do a schumacher, i.e. bring the team of his choosing with him.

Giallo 550 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  23. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Wow, I just watched the first 12 laps again - magnificent driving by many, especially adult Max, and deliciously fraught - quite a few naughty moves by many...... Checo didnt do Max any favours and likely cost him 5-6 secs, plus additional tyre wear. Easy to understand though! Lord, just fabulous racing. Too bad skySports on ly showed a few of Max's passes, but Carlos catching air was just the TITZ!

gh0st0 and Bas like this.
  24. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005

How many brands would give eye teeth and more for the perception Ferrari has?

They are able to sell very stylish, somewhat reliable high performance cars for increasingly large sums of money, and have a jammed order book for the future. And once the SUV pops, all chell could break loose on the order book.

Whereas my poor Honda folks washed out with my Gen 2 NSX (which is dead on reliable and kind of cheap to operate for a super car) unit they did the Type S swan song and the FOMOs swooped in.

Back to topic, Max was brilliant, Sergio good enough and another lovely day for sort of powered by Honda. The only break Ferrari caught was that Lewis' day ended early.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Max's opening lap was brilliant. Didn't see Leclerc's yet but Max...lifted so early in eau rouge as he saw 4 slow cars very close together. Instantly backs off and lets them do their thing as he knew he'd pick them off 1 by 1. Big smoke from the Lewis-Alonso shunt, hugs Les Combes as tight as he could as the accident would be happening on the outside...of course a Canadian has gone rallying and barges onto the track slowly, causing Vettel to take avoiding action...Max brakes, Leclerc on the inside and briefly takes the position as he had momentum...Max keeps Lec outside and passes...whoops a broken lewis ahead, again brakes, clear outside so goes by...pick off one of the Astons and it's a few SC laps...

A lot was thrown at him in Lap 1 but danced around it all. The win was inevitable right then and there.

375+, gh0st0, werewolf and 1 other person like this.