The Purosangue Thread | Page 187 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I'm confused Ferrari launched a new hardtop front engine car 24 hours ago and I've yet to see a photoshop render of a Spider version or that it looks like a 350Z/ Corvette . Is the car internet world slipping? (I am obviously joking but then a Purosangue Spider would really upset everyone :) )

paulchua likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Son of a b****! I wish you had said that before I just had the folks @ Boardwalk put new shoes on our 4R.
    Could have given the old ones a more proper send off! :D

T

paulchua likes this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, I understand the crude reality of the world, but, don´t you hate seeing a good actor in a bad movie?

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Margot Robbie didn't bother me in Suicide Squad.

maybe just me.

ScottS likes this.
  5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #4656 kandi, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    To save Ferrari, at least I agree on that, that it is better looking than Aston and Porsche S-U-Vs :D

But even TopGear presentation quoted (whom?) that Ferrari didn't have to make a S-U-V.
    So why? :D

The Ferrari 'RACE' - stock exchange symbol is as misleading in meaning as 'Purosangue' is misleading for that car's name. It is not about race cars at all.

Also I see a BlackRock shareholder in there. So I'm happy to not feed the 'beast', especially seeing all that (artificial hype and push to buy a PS. :D

Do not get me wrong, Ferrari made a good job with the PS (maybe not great but better than some rivals :D), but overall it is a sad day for the Ferrari world. :/

ScottS and day355 like this.
  6. Bolthouse

Bolthouse Rookie

Aug 23, 2022
    Full Name:
    Brandon Engholm
    I'll be sticking with my Urus.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Close enough . . .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, LVP488, paulchua and 1 other person like this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Let´s agree to disagree, both about SUVs and Margot Robbie.

9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I take mine to the store, there is plenty of room in the back of the 812 for groceries. The Golds gym was right next door so I would go first to the gym and then to the store. Oh yeah, when I parked there was no other car around mine.

stavura, Maggio23, Boomhauer and 4 others like this.
  10. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Boy, I still lough at Doug's video with his Ferrari 360 and his "anxiety" if someone hits his car with a shopping trolley. :D

wrs likes this.
  11. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Indeed, I am curious to know how the gears that seem to move constantly in the damper will age...

12. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    [QUOTE="Senad, post: 148736806, member: 228400"
    Because with fluids, passengers and luggage it is a 2.5t car, so it needs a low rpm pull to be at Ferrari level.
    [/QUOTE]

They said us the weight with all the fluids is 2.180 kg, (sayin' just for the record, indeed 2,5 tons with pax and luggages)

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Poorly, but as long as they make it through the warranty years Ferrari won't care.

Yan-Alexandre likes this.
  14. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Lamborghini made the same initial mistake with the Urus as lots of us cancelled our orders, and they quickly offered 5 - no doubt Ferrari will also be getting the same feedback (quite why they didn't research this issue?)

My Mrs first question about the PS was how many seats it has, that was the end of her interest in the car

plastique999 and Yan-Alexandre like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said, nothing wrong with disagreements, be it cars or actors/actresses. Who am I to force you not to be a hater? Whether it be a car or a person. Do you.

Cheers

16. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Winning! :)

Hat tip to you sir. Love seeing owners like you. Keep enjoying her in good health.

stavura, Senad, ggbh8 and 2 others like this.
  17. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Looks impossible to me, the frame has a bulkhead between both rear seats (we asked, they said it's 4 seats only : 5 means it's not a sports car according to Ferrari...)

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4669 paulchua, Sep 14, 2022
    As I said, history doesn't always repeat

it definitely at least rhymes.

You saw the same when turbo came out (488 is garbage)

again with gated (458 is garbage)

again with fuel injection (BB is garbage)

again with TSC (360 is garbage)

again with V8 (308 is garbage)

again with V6 (Dino is garbage)

It gets old after a while.

chrixxx and Alvega like this.
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Here was another trip and see how I attract good company, I parked first in that protected spot.

stavura, Maggio23, ggbh8 and 3 others like this.
  20. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    You have a lot of great points that I often agree with and some excellent contributions but then you lose me with posts like this. ^

My friendly advice would be to back off a little on the passive aggressive insults or maybe add a ;) or two. It could just be my warped sense of comprehension but it just drips with smarmy arrogance.

And you don't need to validate your opinions with arguments from authority or listing your cars or experience. People don't need to own a house full of Pollocks and Monets to appreciate and have their own opinions on art. To suggest you might be more "right" then someone based on the cars they own or race is unbecoming.

Lol, now I'll take my unsolicited advice and go sit in the corner. :)

plastique999 and papou like this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4672 paulchua, Sep 14, 2022
    Wait, let me get this straight. You're calling me out for being too aggressive for replying to somebody who said I lack critical thinking skills, that I'm stupid and naive? You should start at square one; look at who fired the first shots. I think I am pretty gracious to somebody who calls me all those things.

I get it; when folks' arguments fall flat, and their ad hominem insults don't do the trick, they have to cry about how the other guy was mean to them (for simply dancing at the same tempo of the song they chose) as a last resort.

Talk about being unbecoming.

Were you one of those guys that defended bullies when people stood up to them?

I never understood those folks, either. Yet, we see that a lot nowadays, too, huh?

Boomhauer likes this.
  22. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    If he did indeed directly insult you then I apologize.

I still stand by my observation as a general rule of thumb for many of your posts. I often find myself nodding my head in agreement until you throw in the snarky shot or veiled insult. I openly admit I have a problem with any argument from authority so maybe I’m reading into things here.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, maybe I’m just being an *******? Maybe I just don’t get your sense of humor? I sincerely just spoke out of friendly advice.

I try to reply here like I would to anyone in person as if we were bullshitting over beers. I genuinely appreciate much of what you share and your passion to debate your view. Lol, maybe we both need to dial it back a notch? :)

plastique999 likes this.
  23. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet cornered the non-existent pop-top SUV market years ago!

I have to say that white/blue Puro posted by @ScottS is really sharp looking.

T

24. Garymyman

Garymyman Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2008
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Gray
    Aside from being $400k short, this was the most disappointing news (I have 3 kids). From this diagram a 5 seater looks impossible.

That said, it is possible to configure a handsome one: