Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 58 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    These cam covers can leak after you put miles on after a major.
    Just tighten the bolts. It usually the front two and I literally JUST had to do this last week, do not let that factor in. It scared me but was literally nothing. Exactly as described by the seller on BAT.

I actually learned the above about the cam covers from this forum. After I tightened the bolts last week there was a little oil that squeezed out of the gasket which burned off exactly as was described in the old thread.

2. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Looks like someone got a nice car at a pretty reasonable price. The M badge still has some cachet. Not a bargain, but definitely another data point showing that things have cooled a bit.

kevinkw likes this.
  3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I will say that the more I read about the M cars from different sources (I have collected everything printed over the years related to the 456, I mean everything) the more I appreciate the volume of changes outside of the badge, actually there is no badge now that I think about it !

Just A massive TON of little changes all over inside and out plus proper engineering development outside the obvious carbon fiber hood, interior, gauges, radio and wheel, etc…that totally flies under the general radar.

I originally wanted a “non” M for the gauges and vented hood but now I totally see the M cars in a different way. The M’s are just a lot more modern looking too inside and out, they obviously are Ferraris best foot forward. I am biased now though.

4. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    I still like the gauge stack of the GT's (and the vented hood), but there is no question the M is MUCH more refined. Supposedly the GT also has more legroom, which I will also appreciate at 6'5". The non-M interior verges on vintage/classic Fcars, the M verges on much more modern offerings. Like everything else with ferraris, what you prefer comes down to personal preference.

paulchua, Ferrari55whoa and Mirek like this.
  5. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob
    paulchua and kevinkw like this.
  6. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Wow - it is sad people let nice cars go like that!

paulchua and kevinkw like this.
  7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    kevinkw and paulchua like this.
  8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Priced too high if gullwing has a silver M with 25k miles for 56k asking

paulchua and Mirek like this.
  9. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Wow, I always thought that the $56K Gullwing M that has been on the market the last few years was the bottom of the barrel.

I do give all the credit in the world for racking up the miles, that can be an expensive endeavor. At least it was enjoyed more than some pristine example with 6,000 miles and 6 owners.

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    otoupalik likes this.
  11. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    On one of the Facebook groups somone posted this with build numbers for the eary 456 cars. I dont think i've ever seen this anywhere else

How come it seems like 1993 cars never are talked about or transacted. I know US deliveries didnt start until MY 1995.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks close since totals from Maranello Concessionaires are 1936 of which 402 were GTAs (1534 GTs), and 456 production ran part-way through 1997 before the M took over. Worth saving.

Mirek likes this.
  13. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
  14. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob
  15. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    dr_rob likes this.
  16. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Fair deal.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ingrid, too, which is a great color on 456s.

dr_rob likes this.
  18. Horse That Prances

Jul 22, 2019
    Pretty unique color, Ingrid. The driver side head light looks a little bit more pushed in from the hood. Any one know what that would cost to fix and is that a common issue with the 456?

19. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  20. M3 Pilot

M3 Pilot Rookie

Jan 24, 2006
    Hi all. I was the top bidder for the Euro 1994 car on BAT and ended up doing a deal with the seller afterward. It's on its way to the US very soon!

tantumaude, carguy246, Mirek and 3 others like this.
  21. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats!

carguy246 likes this.
  22. Horse That Prances

Jul 22, 2019
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-ferrari-456-gt-2/
    Your recently purchased black 456 looks fantastic, i was watching that BAT auction...glad that you were able to stike a deal with the seller. If you don't mind me asking, what is the ballpark cost to ship that car back to the USA? That would be good infomation to me if/when I run across a desirable car that I would need shipped.
    Thanks

23. M3 Pilot

M3 Pilot Rookie

Jan 24, 2006
    #1449 M3 Pilot, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    Thanks all. The car is metallic grey: Canna di fucile. Ballpark for roll on, roll off shipping from Northern Europe to NYC plus all duties, insurance, etc is $6.5k. I have an additional 2k to cross the country by truck to Oregon. Shipping from Europe to the West Coast is possible for roughly the same price but takes longer. Container shipping is also possible for a higher fee. With all the constrained worldwide logistics, I opted for a balance of safety and speed to the US recommended by the import company that’s helping me.

24. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob