The Purosangue Thread | Page 207 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Are we looking at the same thread?

I didn't make an formal user-by-user count, but I'm talking to you, right? Are you saying you now agree with Ferrari for making the PS?

Not that you have to!

As I said, hate whatever you want to hate, in the end, this is all for shiz/giggles, we're talking about overpriced toys. The more important thing I gain from these conversations is far beyond this.

:)

HotShoe likes this.
  2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Lol, as I’ve said before: I can love Ferrari. I can understand why they made the Purosangue from a business perspective . I can also think it’s not a bad looking design. I can also believe it will definitely perform well. I can believe all those things yet I can still hate the fact that it exists.

They aren’t mutually exclusive. ;)

Crazy huh? :)

But I’ll never buy one so my emotional opinion isn’t valid. :rolleyes: And don’t even get me started on this year’s F1 performance! :mad:

anunakki, of2worlds and italiafan like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #5153 paulchua, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    I mean, for 1.7 million dollars, it better be, yeah? You can get 5 PSs for one of these, one for each of the four family members and a spare to teach the dog to drive.

Oh, how nice hypotheticals are.

Senad likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think this is the (fifth time now?) that I said you have the right to dislike/hate (use whatever adjective you want) this car, heck if you don't like sliced bread, what can I say? Do you!

We're not the thought police.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Aztek. It's just you won't find me here trying to convince them to not like it either; I guess that ultimately is the difference between you and me. Different strokes for different folks, yeah?

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think I'd like a PS in Titanio. It has a slight blue tint that I think would look fantastic. No shields.

ScrappyB, Caeruleus11 and tomc like this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Aston Martin claims the DBX 707 is the fastest SUV in the world. In terms of 0-100 Kph acceleration, according to the companies internal testing, the DBX makes 3.1 seconds and is no doubt faster than the Purosangue and the Urus Performante both with 3.3 seconds. However, it seems that everything is different when we look at the 0-200 Kph times. Ferrari in its press release specifies that the Purosangue 0-200 Kph time is 10.6 seconds however , Aston Martin and Laborghini specify nothing for this speed interval. According with the sources I consulted for the speed range 0-200 Kph the times are 12.8 seconds for the Urus Performante and 12.2 for the DBX 707. If this time for the DBX 707 is true it can only be the fastest SUV in the world because the Purosangue is not an SUV.

paulchua, Caeruleus11 and WilliamB like this.
  7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I don't know what or why it happens, but irrespective of where/what internet forum one is on, reading comprehension, reason and common sense cease to function while online.

Hyperbole and sarcasm are great tools to really get a point across and with the added benefit of a little humor to those whose panties don't get all wadded up......

paulchua likes this.
  8. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo

Yes, I drove the 707. It is an SUV- size, shape, seating capacity, off road capability.

Absolutely amazing. That phucker is faster-n-****!!!

For Paul, yeah I think the DBX is better looking than the PS, but I am biased- as a former Vanquish S owner I have a soft spot for Astons...........still, can't justify $280 or the $50K more for the base. Is it worth it for the performance- absolutely yes. Is it worth it for an SUV....ahhhh........ no.

$280K DBX v. $500K PS though........wife can't ***** at me...... Thanks, Ferrari!!!

Oh, nearly forgot:

Did my 140 mi trek from BFE into the big city to get supplies, stopped by the Ferrari dealership today to visit.

As far as the PS is concerned, after understanding the who/why and what, Ferrari absolutely hit its marks on what it intended to do- why they did it, the target audience and the target vehicle. They listened to what their clients (obviously waaaaaayyyyyy above my pay grade) had told them what they wanted and they came through. Looks of course being subjective. Yup, not an SUV and not intended for off road use and not intendedto be one. Other drivetrain iterations to follow (didn't ask/didn't tell) and the books will open up for the rest of the clients.

However, still going to be exclusive. Not by number but by Ferrari approval, irrespective of any "pseudo-deposits" already made. Same MO: Maranello asking for lists.......

of2worlds, paulchua and MDEL like this.
  9. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    100% correct.
    However the Cullinan is as much a status symbol as it'is a vehicle.
    And I'm sure the Puro drives 10x better. No argument there.

However when you pull up in your Rolls and someone pulls up in the Puro and it is half the size of the Rolls, it has an immediate pshycological effect.
    The rolls is no doubt big for the sake of just being big and thus making a statement that way.
    I'm sure we all on this forum will have no issues with it as we (as we all claim) tend to favor driving experience.
    How many Puro buyers are strictly interested in the Puro as a great driving machine versus buying "the next hot in demand SUV".....?

Seeing the Puro in video's and pics the design works, no doubt about it.
    However seeing it next to it's "rivals" it will look 'different'.
    "rivals" are what the general public thinks they are; not what we or ferrari claim it's rivals are!

paulchua and HotShoe like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Cullinan is not a status symbol, it is a statement.
    And it costs quite a bit more than 350 K.

Marcel Massini

ross, Maximus1973 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    For what it matters, I wouldn't buy one to race :)

MDEL and paulchua like this.
  12. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I don't understand, do you need a car the size and weight of a house to be happy on the road?
    Don't give me the excuse of children, 80% of drivers are alone on board...
    The current way of life tends to disperse the neurons...:rolleyes:

13. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    Ehhh your arguments haven’t progressed. Methinks you’re trying to turn the word ‘opinion’ into a holy word. But show me where I talked about voicing opinions?

Instead I asked you a serious question: do you think there’s utility in knowing the source of a given comment, which you never answered. Disingenuous at best. Or maybe you just don’t believe in one of the basic tenets of critical thinking. Perhaps that’s why it upsets you that I’m digging into these opinions and finding not much behind them? Here’s a good example.

“But we are all the same! All opinions are the same! Do not distinguish! I have invoked the holy word.”

I feel I am in good company here but some are afraid to say it because someone might jump on them with the Holy Word of O. If we’re using our brains, the sources of opinions matter. Only on Fchat are you not allowed to look deeper or enquire :rolleyes:

Oh and congrats on the wife. You’re (conveniently) an outlier.

14. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    I have to agree with you, some seem to function only on rhetoric without much more behind it, they can easily run away on an Internet forum. And some don’t. Always consider the source, but apparently that’s illegal here.

paulchua likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Can't lie ,the ignore function is a great escape from the tons of word salad being dished up .;)

Bundy likes this.
  16. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    Lo! He hath invoked the Holy Word of O, spurious are our enquiries.

Sorry buddy, starting to think you don’t have much to say beyond rhetoric and invocation of HWO. Thanks for playing. Now I get why you want to conceal the sources and circumstances of your holy opinions.

This is why you won’t buy it? I’m sure if you were offered one, you would take it.

17. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    What can I say, some think it makes them the edgy cool kid to hate on new cars, cars that they will never buy and likely never had the option to buy. It’s obnoxious and there’s utility in calling it out for what it is. People don’t do that to your face, only on Internet forums where they don’t have to face anyone. At least come with some constructive criticism.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is a beautiful car, and when it hits the road I think opinions will change. People will look at the other options, and say this is the one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dino246gt, 4re4ever and Alvega like this.
  18. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Well at this point we will just have to agree we will never see eye to eye. I don't think there is anything I can say or do because you base everything here on the "source" as if this was a scientific dissertation or factual debate. I'm afraid I don't meet your lofty source standards. ;)

In closing, to answer your question I don't think the "source" of a comment matters one bit when people are sharing their thoughts on an internet discussion board. I'd listen just as much to a 16 year old kid with a Civic R as I would to a 70 year old GTO owner. I've found in life everyone has something valuable to offer.

Nothing personal though. Arguments from authority are a pet peeve of mine so I'll push back when I think it's happening. :) I'm also (conveniently) an outlier when it comes to not backing down. ;)

Enjoy your Purosangue in good health.

19. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    #5169 magneti, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Not backing down? Huh? Do you think there’s a prize here? Do you get your values from 1980s movies?

Brother we don’t need to see eye to eye. But we do need to be real with one another. You have impressively mastered avoidance, ignoring what someone takes the time to say to you and saying nothing instead with a bunch of repeated rhetoric must usually work for you.

So now we’re just saying things. “Argument from authority!”. I said it’s good to know where someone’s coming from when they say something, and you said it’s not. Argument from authority eh? What are you on about buddy?

All those quoted items directed at you that you ignore and have no response to don’t look good. Highly disingenuous way of interacting. You think that’s a virtue to keep coming back with avoidance and rhetoric? It may work on the wife, but here the record stands. But feel free to continue the empty rhetoric. I’ll call it out every time.

Doubt you will since it puts you in a tight spot, hence the avoidance, but if you’d like to continue the actual conversation, you can go back and actually respond to the content.

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Titanio looks modern and really shows off the lines. I'm leaning towards a carbon copy of the launch spec in Titanio/Tortora.

21. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    You asked me a question about the source of a comment and I answered it.

I’m not avoiding anything. I responded honestly and I have all my info public. You can address me directly or PM if you’d like more answers instead of muddling this thread anymore.

Just know I’d respond the same face to face. Although Id like to think if this was discussed in person it would be done friendly over a few bourbons. The problem with online discussions IMO is the absence of facial inflections and vocal tone. If any of my posts seem to come from a place of malice or trolling I can assure you that isn’t my intention.

With that said, the floor is yours. I willingly let myself get dragged down this hole and I apologize to the other posters for the sidetrack.

Forza!

Midnight Oil likes this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great points! I don't know how the PS will perform. It could be a heavy boat for all I know, I doubt it, but I will reserve final judgment until I see official stats. For the 'purists,' is the PS 'less' pure than an SF90? Yes, why would you have a problem with that statement?

But so is a 296

Ironically there is a thread here folks bashing the 296 car as a less pure 'golf cart.' No seriously.

Same with the SF90 and La Ferrari because it was (the horror) hybrid.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yeah, I agree most are optioned out above 350K; I assume that's what you mean.
    Just quoting the starting MSRP.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Frank! Awesome post, thanks for giving us a great review. As for you thinking the 707 looks better than the PS? Oh man, that's cool - I'm one of these guys that never debate style, that's up to the individual.

I only bring it up because some folks keep saying the PS is the ugliest car of all time. I'm just trying to understand their point of reference vs trolling. You can guess what I figured out.

:)

Cheers

Xray58 likes this.
  25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I live in Switzerland where Cullinans start more or less around 550 K.
    350 K looks like a real bargain.

Marcel Massini