Budget Cap Enforcement | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Budget Cap Enforcement

Discussion in 'F1' started by Temerian, Sep 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kimi2007

Kimi2007 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patrick James
    I honestly don't know what to say at this point. You seem committed to the objectively false idea that RBR haven't developed their car more than Ferrari this season, and it's just wrong.

My point is not to blame RBR or even Mercedes, but to teach Ferrari a lesson. RBR is the gold standard in F1 right now. They are committed to the Brawn-Todt model more than Ferrari is right now. Clear number 1 driver that gets the car developed around him, they give the FIA the finger on the budget, and they use their mere participation in the sport as leverage. They're a true private race team like Williams used to be.

2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    It is nice to believe that RedBull Racing is the gold standard in F1, but unfortunately (for RedBull) this thread is called
    "Budget Cap Enforcement"
    :rolleyes:

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I read this as the FIA found something really serious and is figuring out a way to tap dance around it to try and save face.

fil, USMCS6, surfwolf and 2 others like this.
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If Ferrari wanted my labor, I would give it to them for $0.00 per hour I worked there. I bet there would be others, too.

AND there are other shady ways to pay for labor that does not appear on the "teams" budget.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why do you keep talking about this season when last season is under question?

Addressing this season, in post 117 I pretty clearly said that Ferrari and Red Bull spend is pretty close to each other, including crash damages.

Fully agreed on your last point. Ferrari should've appointed Leclerc number 1 early this season. That is a large part of their failings this season.

Kimi2007 likes this.
  6. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Did the olympics or tour de france lose credibility for stripping Lance Armstrong of his many titles? Its the biggest even in the world watched by billions, so obviously not

Spain in the Paralympics? No.
    Rosie Ruiz lost his marathon title, hundreds of millions still keep going to marathons, and are far more appealing now than they was in the 1980s.........
    What about Juventus? Stripped of two titles and relegated for cheating, didnt harm football, in fact, i remember fans was very pleased, apart from juve fans ofc who blamed the club, not the governing body.

8 members of the white socks baseball got banned for life for cheating.

Any honest sport with integrity would not hesitate to ban, remove titles, relegate, and punish cheats

spider_s, surfwolf and kandi like this.
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The delay means negotiations are ongoing with the offending teams….

fil and surfwolf like this.
  8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    FIA playing politics, to cultivate the anti-RB perception seeded and spread by Mercedes?

nahhhhhh ....

Bas likes this.
  9. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    And IF the infractions are incredibly minor or non-existent, what should the punishment be for Mercedes for very public defamation and extreme unsportsmanlike conduct?

Any honest sport that values integrity wouldn't hesitate to subtract significant constructor points from Mercedes for the 2021 season ... right?

Bas likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Defamation would be treated in a civil court, no?

11. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Let's face it - The top teams don't like the budget cap. Therefore they are out to sabotage it. I think it's working.

Bas and william like this.
  12. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #162 werewolf, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Sure ... but wouldn't an "honest sport with integrity" take some action against very public, baseless, fraudulent, slanderous, unsportsmanlike commentary against one team by another (should this prove to be the case)?

OR, should the FIA just turn a blind eye, and remain silent on such behavior ?

Comparisons have been made to other sports ... let's say an athlete physically assaults another on the field of play. Should the sporting "powers that be" offer no penalty, no punishment within the sport ... and simply rely on courts of law to meter-out the punishment? Know what i mean?

Giallo 550 likes this.
  13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    No way the FIA is going to let this blow up into a scandal. Deals are being done and it’ll all be brushed under the carpet, Ferrari illegal engine style. Prepare for RB to suddenly and mysteriously be no where next year…

classic308 likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The fact all will be revealed only after Honda’s home race—a race where Honda is announcing an upping of their involvement with their supplied teams—strikes me as somewhat intriguing.

classic308 and Giallo 550 like this.
  15. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    It's amazing how much finger-pointing there was in the last week or so, considering there aren't any palpable facts, only rumours.

It would be ironic if those holier-than-thou teams ended up being the biggest budget cap offenders.

stavura, Giallo 550, werewolf and 2 others like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The FIA would be busy doing that full time with the constant media war going on in F1.

There is hardly one day going by without some accusation being made.

The FIA's role is to adjudicate on official complaints duly registered, not to bother with gossips.

17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    So, if an athlete assaults another on the soccer field or football field ... no "sporting authority" should take any any action (fine or ban, for example). Instead, any action should be deferred to courts-of-law. Right? FIFA or NFL need not bother with skirmishes between players.

18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    IMHO, a breach of rules, minor or major, is still a breach of rules. I would actually scrutinize a minor breach much closer, as it could have been due to an oversight (doubt it) or somethings are hidden. If any of the teams breached the budget cap, and they fessed up at the end of the season, I can see being a little more lenient on them, vice a team that keeps denying they breached the cap.

19. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If the FIA is doing audits on last year, then make it simple. And swift. Do it in the off season, not almost a year later. Whatever amount a team went over budget, simply deduct the amount from the next season's budget. Clean and immediate, with instant repercussions. What is going on now is a political farce.

william, classic308 and werewolf like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The comparison between physical assaults in ball games, and rumours spread in F1 isn't valid.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That would be the easiest way; there is no need to add drama to it.

22. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #172 werewolf, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    I know (the comparison is a stretch).

But the point is ... the fact that a matter could or should be addressed in a court of law, doesn't mean that a governing body in a sport needs to remain silent on it. That's how I see it, anyway.

IF Red Bull hasn't grossly exceeded the budget cap, i honestly believe that the FIA should take some action against Mercedes for cultivating and spreading baseless, defamatory rumors against a competitor. It doesn't look good for the sport (to say the least).

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    They all do spread baseless, defamatory rumours against each others all the time, be it about wings, floors, weight, budget cap, etc ...

Mercedes as much as Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and all !!! It's part of the megaphone war now in F1.

24. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I hear ya.

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

And Ferrari. Its not always Mercedes. Surely you can read like the rest of us. Your obsession with Mercedes is beyond laughable about this subject. If RedBull are over the limit thats a problem of THEIR own doing LOL. Grow up.

william likes this.