Max Verstappen | Page 121 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    As a clubracer there are rules and they are easy to follow but tough in practice because of the high speeds. The higher the speed the bigger the gray area becomes. But these guys are the top racers in the world at the pinnacle of the sport. Between each driver and their team of strategists they know exactly the percentage risk taken in corners and additional risk taken with which drivers. Stewards do what stewards do. We only have one camera angle on TV. Race control has the data. I remember a Ferrari challenge guy skewered here for a wreck blamed on him. The video convicted him of turning into another driver. Even his hands moved on the video. The sanctioning body convicted him despite his data trace showing NO steering input! What we see can totally over ride reality.

mdrums, Nuvolari and Hawkeye like this.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Why would Checo want points he didn't earn?

Bas likes this.
  3. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    I bet papa told him to do it

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This year comparison ( for what is worth) between Bottas and Zhou let us guess Valterri wasn’t a dangerous threat for Lewis since 2017..
    But I have to admit this kind of comparison is very difficult to really ponder.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree,
    Frankly don’t get it.
    Unable to deal with a frustrating race because of the start crash..

william likes this.
  6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    bottas does not have his heart in it kicked off the A team. With Alfa he is picking up a paycheck until retirement.

Nuvolari and william like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    True.
    So difficult to compare era.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True.

And all that for a completely meaningless position, even in the drivers standings. It bears no bonus. Ferrari themselves saw that a podium is more important than P2 in the title by not swapping Charles and Sainz.

I do find Perez' statements directly after the race a little bit funny...yes he helped in AD last year, but he conveniently ignored underperforming most of the year that RB couldn't use him strategically in pitstops, it was still mostly Max against 2 Merc's. A series of errors and serious underperforming gifted plenty of points to Lewis.

As for this year...IMO Barcelona was more of a ''heads up, Max is coming and he's MILES faster than you" (at 1.5+ seconds a lap) and Baku he had zero pace on his tyres (over a second a lap) despite having run in fresh air vs Max in Traffic...who pulled a considerable gap.

Now could Max have given the position? Of course. No skin of his teeth, meaningless position for him, zero consequence...

Is it worth having a fall out about? Absolutely not, since 2nd place in WDC is worthless. I like Perez but he hasn't got much a leg to stand on, either. Would Red Bull have won half as many races they did in the last 2 years if they didn't have Max? Nope. Not even a quarter. Would they have been 3 titles richer? Absolutely not. Zero WCC's, no WDC's and likely wouldn't have won 2022 WDC, either. Perez was about to say his goodbye's to F1 before Red Bull pulled him back in.

F1 press are hyena's. We saw this with Schumacher. We saw this with Alonso. We saw this with Vettel. Verstappen is the new easy to hate target. Bring it on. We never see this type of reaction when it's a British driver ignoring team orders.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    All self inflicted ofc, and dont think its new either......

Hawkeye likes this.
  10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Maybe Max should just skip the last race so Checo can have a chance at a podium?

Senna1994 and Bas like this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    ^^^ This ^^^

Jeronimo GTO, Senna1994 and Bas like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So you're team RB now? You're the biggest Max fan now? I thought you were with Ferrari? If Lewis had did what Max did, you're reasoning would be totally different. You change like the weather. You go with the crowd. You don't seem to stand for anything. At least I am true fan, who doesn't jump from driver to driver team to team depending on the current events. Everybody knows Max history, yet you sit here trying to convince people Max is the most upstanding and innocent driver. I can admit Russell beat Hamilton this year, even though Hamilton has nothing to prove and I don't judge a driver by 1 season. I'm a true fan. It's so many fake fans here.

surfwolf likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What rubbish.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    thanks for highlighting, otherwise would've missed this gem. Off mute for a minute to reply to him:

I've NEVER made a secret of being a fan of Max and Red Bull. Go through any of my post (well before they started winning, if you like), and I said the same.

I'm also a Ferrari fan. Always have been, always will be.

Where did I say Max was an upstanding and innocent driver? Please point that out to me? I see your reading comprehension hasn't much improved still.

Max is a pit bull in a room full of labradors. Poke him with a stick and he'll have your eye out. He's got the skills, the car and the attitude of a winner. He's upsetting the status quo an I ****ing love him for it. This is his villain era. Long may he reign.

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Would you defend Hamilton if he did what Max did? We both know the answer. That's why you seem to be fake to me. You say one thing, but change when another driver does it. You look for excuses in order to pretect a driver, knowing dang well that they are wrong. Then you quickly change the narrative if Lewis does something. You don't stand on anything. Many Max fans have called him out, but you go research events to defend him. But then you say " I never said Max is a innocent driver" trying to play both sides of the fence. Like I said before man , you change like the weather, I can go on and on about narratives you've agreed with in the past and now is changing because Max is winning with the best car. I have no problem saying Max is driving better than most drivers on the field at this point, including Lewis. You can insult my reading all you want, but you can never say I'm a fake fan.

surfwolf and Mosin like this.
  16. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
  17. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    With all this Max bashing I feel for him. The guy needs friends.

Seems like nobody likes him these days. :(

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's the same for anyone who reach the top: you are permanently in the spotlight and you lose friends.

werewolf likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I have actually come to the defense of Hamilton several times this year, but you choose to ignore that.

I don't give a flying **** if I "seem fake to you". You slid of that "Red Bull/Max fan because now they're winning" fan pedestal pretty quickly.

I don't care if other Max fans spoke out against him, I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself. If they want the world to be fair and whatnot, good for them. Reality check, it isn't. Suck it up.

I didn't call Max out for the same reason I didn't call Carlos out in silverstone, when everyone was ****ting on him.

And if you learn to read (something you seem to have serious issues doing), I did say it wasn't the smart thing to do.

Anyways, back for you and your pet to go on mute, you're still as boring and incapable of comprehensive reading as you where last year so enough time wasted.

gh0st0 and werewolf like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Look back at your post, which shows you are changing your tune on nearly everything you talked about last decade. All because now Max is winning with the best car. And you defend him on everything. Even when he's wrong you try to justify it. You agreed stats are worthless win Hamilton was winning. But now you love stats and try to justify Max's stats. Even when Max has the best car, you try to justify him. When Riccardo outscored him in points, you didn't man up say he is lessened for it as you did Lewis, you try to justify it. You say Hamilton is whining on the radio, talked about him bad. Max cursed his team mates, disrespects his team, said things that Hamilton would never say. Yet you "love him for it".
    You see, you can't mute the truth. And I told you and others that you can't fool me, I'm calling you out about all the things you trying to sweep under the rug now.
    All you have left is to throw insults to me. Read? Yeah I'm reading right through crap that I'm seeing now.

surfwolf, Mosin and william like this.
  21. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just took my first look at this thread, and wow the fur is flying.
    Think I will step back into the gentle world of Ferrari internecine politics

Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    P & R might be better than this vitriol. Let's quit the bickering gents.

Jeronimo GTO and of2worlds like this.
  23. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY

Oh, I think he'll be fine. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas and Phil~ like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Interesting from Portuguese racing driver Antonio Felix Da Costa:

Perez finished a pitstop behind Max, in P3.

If you want to be gifted a win, at least make a reasonable attempt at showing you deserve it.

25. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Gotta earn it...cant fault him there. HAM would've used team orders to win