world cup | FerrariChat

world cup

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Nov 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    no world cup threads in ferrari website is weird so lets get this started late better than never

usa v england is match of who can lose in most heartbreaking fashion

VAF84 likes this.
  2. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    usa looked very skilled. much better than past teams.

VAF84 and Mang like this.
  3. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    David
    Watched the match. ……In a series of scintillating moments three blades of grass grew approximately 1/8” and the paint appeared to dry rapidly on the stadium rest room wall.

4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    ^^^

The USA cares about football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, tennis…and promotes and televises those sports dramatically. The entire rest of the world cares about only one sport - futbol. You haters get a grip. You are ignorant and embarrassing and why the entire rest of the world thinks Americans are really douchy.

LightGuy and Texas Forever like this.
  5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    …disclaimer Canada. They love their hockey, but their present futbol team is outstanding and their star Alphonso Davies is probably a best 20 players in the world right now.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Soccer is now easier for me to watch than baseball. I grew up next door to Yankee stadium and they were my fav for 40 yrs. Now, I can't last single inning its sooo slow. Just read recaps

VAF84 likes this.
  7. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    All sports great, no need to criticize one? Or maybe some no like sports at all, that’s cool too. Stay off the thread if your going to be ****** is what I am saying. The World Cup is the only sports event, similar to a world war. Every nation gets a chance to better another nation (in sport). Nothin like it.

LightGuy and VAF84 like this.
  8. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    As a Qatari, our team was embarrassing.

9. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Sorry u feel that way. We all know how hard it is to rise up levels. I always reference Japan. They went on a mission not too long ago. Credit Zico and many other Brazilians who the smart Japanese futbol federation hired to play and coach and INFLUENCE the Japanese. Their J league is a rockstar league too, so entertaining. Anyway they just knocked off Germany, so give it time, it takes years and years of patience to get a little better. Sorry also about any bad press. It’s the obnoxious WOKE American msm that suck to no end. Looks to me like people are having a great time.

VAF84 likes this.
  10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Just found out Italy didn't make the cut! How is that possible? I figured they were top seed.
    And what is messi story? How can such I big star who's clutch for his team always choke for Argentina? He's more of a tragic figure than heroic one yet he's considered goat. Crazy

11. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Italy missed last two tournaments. And in their three previous tournaments they never lost a game…went out on penalty kicks - ouch. They’ve won other big tournaments against these same teams in recent years. They are in a tough region, better bring it every game or you don’t even qualify. Covid hit Italy harder than most, so struggles of late might point to this.

Messi, ya seems uninspired playing for his homeland. Peaked for Barcelona years ago now. Still a baller. It’s not over until it’s over for Argentina. The Mexico Argentina game is going to be a spectacle. Mexico smells blood and they typically play their hearts out vs Argentina who they secretly idolize :D
    argentina can implode.

VAF84 likes this.
  12. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Been a great cup so far. It's the only sporting event I really follow. I agree that there's really nothing else like it. I think the American's that are boycotting are being ridiculous and hypocritical. Anyway, none of that matters, it has been a great event. I'm actually considering a last minute trip to Qatar to check it out since it doesn't seem as crowded as other world cups

Mang likes this.
  13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    What Americans boycott? I haven't heard of that

14. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I don’t know, my progressive friends said they were boycotting it, I didn’t bother asking why since it’s always something lol. Although after checking out Reddit for some things it’s either related to the treatment of workers who built the stadiums or the lack of being able to be openly gay in the country.

15. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
  16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's a silly comment.
    I don't know of any 'HATERS', we watch what we grew up with, what we played in our youth.
    People, TV, promote what people will watch, if nobody watched something, it won't be on TV,
    and that is why it is promoted 'dramatically'.
    NASCAR is promoted 'dramatically' and I don't watch it, no big deal, I don't care, doesn't bother me.

I don't mind soccer, but it's simply not what I want to watch, it's boring, but you know what? SO IS BASEBALL (and I don't watch it, either)

But to call people ignorant and embarrassing simply because of what they prefer to watch is in itself, ignorant.

And, I don't know if you have figured it out, but we really don't care much about tennis, and golf is fading fast.

Nospinzone likes this.
  17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    'everyone' boycotted the NFL when a certain clown took a knee, and other players followed suit and did the same, how'd that work out?
    Players did the same in the NBA, people whined for a year, and now it is forgotten about, nobody cares, ESPECIALLY the players, as we
    don't see any boycotts/protests anymore.
    There is a certain WNBA player in a Russian prison that took a knee, was vocal that the national anthem should be stopped from being
    played before every game, and that the American flag should be removed from sports venues, and now she is BEGGING for the USA Government
    to get her released. My how ones' attitude changes.

My GUESS is this will be tagged for being 'political', but it really isn't, it's not about any political
    party or politician.

18. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #18 Mang, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Ive been here for a few years and have never defended the many fchat sour comments about futbol, and ya there sure are a lot of HATERS here, but just felt like saying something back for the first time ever. Lots of ‘silly’comments before I got silly. No big deal, I understand some people don’t like sports. It just became my life because I was really talented at it, especially for an American born kid, so I get a little defensive, carry on, I don’t REALLY care that much at this point, I’m 63 and don’t play anymore :D. For those that are into sports, it is the greatest of them all.

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    You are one year younger than I.

I seldom watch NBA basketball anymore, and I used to love it.
    Too many mouthy players, I cannot keep track of who is on what team because it
    seems like 50% of the players change teams every 2-3 years, I can't keep up.
    Too many guys holding out for more money, too many guys sleepwalking thru games,
    and too many guys 'taking a night off' and skipping games.
    SO, I almost never watch.

Futbol, aka soccer: I don't understand 'extra time', I don't understand the really bad acting jobs
    that create yellow card fouls, and so on. If I really wanted to know I'd research it.
    And the players - just like the NBA - they seem to switch teams every year....

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    So far I have seen about six nominations for 'best acting in a sporting event'.
    These guys fall down and writh in pain like they just tore their ACL, snapped their Achilles AND broke 12 ribs,
    and 2 minutes later they are up and running like nothing happened, it's hilarious.

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, they put NBA flop artists to shame. :D

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    True that.
    And I don't mean the guys that are seriously hurt, just the ones that pop back up like nothing happened.

23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    USA

HoorraaaaaH

VAF84 likes this.
  24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I hope the guys from Iran don't go home to a firing squad... if it was North Korea I'm sure they would.

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, I felt badly for those guys. It's not just them, I've read that their families are also in danger.