Portofino M delivery date | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Portofino M delivery date

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Florida Joe, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    Congratulations!! Now the wait starts…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    welcome to endless wait :)

3. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    Still you got no news ?

4. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    Nothing yet, it could be anyday now. I am only 15 minutes from the port, as soon as it clears the customs it should be at the dealership in a day or so. Heard the port is backed up with shortage on people.

5. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    I guess you will go and hijack your own car from the port soon :)

6. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    Lol its been a long wait so another 2-3 weeks doesn’t really matter…it is what it is

7. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    well you already had most of it but your wait scares me more about my potential wait :) My car is loaded to vessel 24 days ago... However I didn't get the status update for 91 I think it has arrived but when I see how long yours take I feel like I have still maybe more than a month...

8. c5000

c5000 Rookie

Jul 23, 2011
    If anybody wants a Grigio Alloy/Cuoio Portofino arriving soon let me know. FL registration only.

9. Marcel3690

Marcel3690 Rookie

Jan 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcel Olshansky
    Finally got mine in last week. The status codes from Ferrari have recently changed. It took about 60 days from Status 90 to arrive. Then no change in status and it appeared at dealer.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

rob5819 likes this.
  10. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    Hmm… maybe that is why I do not hear anything since status90 however it has been 26 days

11. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    any updates on your car ? Now it has been 4 weeks since I got the notification for status 90 but still no updates...

12. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    My f8 went 90 aug 6. Went 91 nov 5 and I’ve heard nothing since. Have a friend of friend who has an f8 went 90 a week before mine and his car got delivered last week. We have the same SA and he checks the status daily for all his customers. The SA told me the delivered f8 went 91 and then suddenly without notice the car was being dropped off without updates from the factory so it’s clear there are some issues. That said It appears the “shipping” is taking 3 months from status 90 although the actual trip is 3 weeks. Plan accordingly……

rob5819 and araj like this.
  13. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    I think there is something off here. Due to my business I use those cargo ships all the time. From italy to nj even if it goes super slowly it cannot take more than 4 weeks. 4 weeks should be considered very very long. Either they dont really on the time they give us or they do not notify us when it really arrives… I think 2nd option is more likely…

araj likes this.
  14. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    Nothing yet, hopefully the week after thanksgiving.

15. lilsammy

lilsammy Rookie

Aug 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    SM
    Going to check in with our rep at NB soon. love seeing everyone here with their cars

16. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Many many people I know are in the exact same situation. Check the order status thread in the f8 section. You can likely expect 3 months at status 90

17. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    That is ridiculous. The Ferrari people are just lazy... Other brands release their cars from customs in a week...

18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Trust me I know and have been feeling the pain! I bought two new Porsches this year (911 turbo s cabriolet and a Taycan turbo S) both took 4 weeks to hit the US port from emden Amsterdam and both cleared customs in a few days.

rob5819 likes this.
  19. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    that is what I am talking about...

20. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    I don’t think it is in their control, I think the port is understaffed, there is no upside for dealer or Ferrari to hold the process back in fact they know the customers are waiting….

I know the long shoreman has been short staffed at newark through other sources which explains the delay

21. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #272 rob5819, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    Just curious, which ports does Porsche deliver to? I know Port of New Jersey is crazy slow and the only one Ferrari delivers to. No idea with Porsche. I'm not sure all ports are the same these days. The second my wife's Portofino M was "officially received" at the Port of New Jersey (2.5 months after leaving Italy) my local dealer had the invoice and we paid them, so it's in their best interest to receive the car sooner.

22. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    Porsche delivers to multiple ports according to my experience. As I know first port they go is Rhode Island (or somewhere around there), next is Baltimore and then Jacksonville. After Jacksonville it goes and passes Panama and it goes to West Coast port.

rob5819 likes this.
  23. araj

araj Rookie

May 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    A3725
    Cleared customs yesterday, next week delivery.

rob5819 likes this.
  24. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    #275 ggencer, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    congrats :) happy for you... obviously it took a month to clear from customs... how long it took exactly from status90 ?

araj likes this.