F8 - 992 GT3 or F8 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 992 GT3 or F8 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by AJ837, May 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    I share your concern. F8 is my DD at the moment and will be until the GTS gets delivered.

But then?? I guess I'll drive the F8 on sunny days only as for me it's not much fun in rain anyway and drive the GTS in bad weather or ?!?

Luxury problems.

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Pista FTW.

ScrappyB likes this.
  3. Especially if it's your daily driver.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You mean low speed traction?

5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yes My 911 is not only 4 wheel drive but rear wheel drive as well. Up to 50mph the 911 will out corner most.

6. AJ837

AJ837 Rookie

May 24, 2022
    Thank you all for the advice. As of now, I'm likely going to sell the GT3 and keep the F8 spider when the time comes. It will be hard to part with the GT3 so there is a very slim chance I may just keep both.

7. Mrpseudonym

Mrpseudonym Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 7, 2020
    Sydney, Australia
    Your girlfriend/wife/partner/son/daughter will thank you

8. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    If possible just keep both. GT3 is awesome as well!

andyrichter likes this.
  9. EDU09

EDU09 Rookie

May 16, 2022
    Lake City, FL
    Full Name:
    EDUARDO SANDOVAL
    I own them both (992 GT3 and F8 Tributo) and as other members said they are not comparable, the GT3 is more raw and more suitable for track while the F8 is faster, more exotic and a more sophisticated car, it is slso more comfortable for daily drive although in my case both are weekend cars, if i had to choose only one no doubt I will keep the F8

Viperjoe likes this.
  10. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    ^^^THIS^^^

I own both 992 GT3 and 2022 F8 Spider. The GT3 is currently for sale. If you don't track your cars the F8S is the clear choice.

11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    What you like in a car and what I like might be different. Buy what you like.

Boomhauer, Viperjoe and AD211 like this.
  12. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have an F8 and drove both a MT GT3 today and a GT3 RS. Wanting a MT 2nd fun car, the GT3 in manual is perfect for me. Hoping to swap my GT3RS allocation for a GT3.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. EDU09

EDU09 Rookie

May 16, 2022
    Lake City, FL
    Full Name:
    EDUARDO SANDOVAL
    I am waiting for an allocation for a 992 RS and will trade my 6MT 992 GT3 for that allocation

AD211 likes this.
  14. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC

i also have a Pista and 992 GT3 (touring) and i don't have to say anything, except to confirm 100% every word you typed

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    #41 Alexcle, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    socal,

I know your pista is for sale and I AH e a similar but different dilemma.

I have an f12 and the gt3 992 which I go to track a lot. I am enamored by the pista. Soo gorgeous. I daily my blk f12 in a boring Midwest city and can get away with it. I drive everywhere. 40k+ miles and still warrantying it and love the practicality. Grocery store, anywhere. I just park it and no issues.
    If I want a pista, I will have to let one go as wife won’t let me have 3 fun cars…

I love the track. Do I keep gt3 or f12? I love to dd both and I go to the track often which is why I got the gt3. Will I regret not being able to daily a pista and also thrash it in the track if I keep the f12? Last time I flipped my amg gt63s and did t have insurance. It wasn’t pleasant. So I wouldn’t take the pista 8or 9/10 of its ability like I would gt3.

the f12 is so usable and non assuming to a point.. I do t want the attention and worry of parking and gawkers.

Your thoughts and advice is appreciated. I would pick a darker gray pista btw.

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So let’s get @ipsedixit involved here as I believe he still dailies his Pista going on 3 years now. You can absolutely daily it but it doesn’t have some creature comforts that some May care about.

For me I’m biased. I’ve sold all my Porsche and am just done with the brand. The amount of hype and drama trying to deal with and get the cars - just not worth it to me. Especially when you look at a 991/992. It’s basically the same car.

The dealer experience with a Porsche is the absolute worst and mind you I’ve bought all my cars at msrp. Touring, 992 winged, Rs.

And as you know- driving a Ferrari or other exotic with 700+ hp is just a totally different experience. So personally for me I’d dump the Porsche. It’s a nice sports car but not an exotic. I’d keep the f12 as it’s brilliant- get the Pista for fun/track days and maybe add a cheap beater track car if you love tracking.

173 Porsche 992 gt3 for sale right now with prices dropping. These aren’t rare. You can always pick one up later if you want. Keep f12 and Pista for the win!! What a combo!!!

18. Yup still daily'ing my Pista.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I couldn’t like this post moreZ. I too have lost the P car bug. Go on rennlist and virtually everyone thread is about getting an allocation and the adms involved. Very few on actually driving the car.

Hell the ADM thread is 220 pages long last I checked and all it is is bickering about whether prices will go down or up.

It seems all the Porsche folks care about is speccing a car. Hey, congrats on your Carrera white that looks like every other car. I kid…somewhat.

170+ 992 gt3 for sale. Go buy a used one if you want a gt3 so bad till you wait for an allocation . There are literally people that have waited (wasted) 3-4 years trying to get an allocation to spec. Could have bought a dozen cars in that time. The whole thing has been a turnoff for me. That and the aforementioned dealer practices are just lame.

20. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    my hero. Do you daily it in a pretty big msa with a lot of exotics so it is not as suprising? I am in a sleepy Midwest 2/3rd tier city. I drive and love the cars for the engineering etc and drive not for show. So I really don’t want attention… Do you get bothered and how is general parking situation? I mean the pista is so gorgeous, I was afraid of a 488 too much attention let alone all the flicks and a duct. What a beauty.
    I would love to know if a long 3/4 hr drive is livable as well and any other quirks. It would pain me if it turns out to be too much headache and I can’t enjoy it. As I do thrash the gt3 and certainly have read the ADM BS and games on rennlist. I haven’t had any of that w my dealer whom has been very good to me and hence would just sell it back to them. Sorry to take this thread off tangent anyone.

21. I live in SoCal. So, yeah, exotics are a dime a dozen. But that said, the Pista still turns heads.

I don't worry about parking my Pista anywhere. I take it to Costco, Home Depot, Whole Foods, Starbucks, restaurants (never valet, however), McDonald's drive-thru, etc.

Driving long distances in the Pista is no big deal on the body. Yes, lots of cabin noise and the radio sucks, but I routinely sit in traffic sometimes for 1/2 hour and it's never a problem. You get used to it. Would I be more comfortable in an S-Class? Of course, but there's a give-and-take here, right? You're asking whether a Pista is something one can daily comfortably. And the answer is yes. If you asked me if a Lotus Evora could be daily'd comfortably, I would say fc*k no.

As an aside, I bought a Tucson PHEV as my weekend cruiser. Hard to go out with the family and friends when the Pista only fits two. :D

SeattleStew and Eric in Chicago like this.
  22. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

Well that answers many questions. Irvine and newport is a different world there. Love it out there. The pista might be too much where I am for sure to DD. I will be “that guys and I am too private to want be noticed.

if you told me like Boise Idaho or st.Louis MS. Then. I would really want to know more.

maybe I wait alittle . I see the prices are getting lower and maybe full on recession bring some more options

thank you for all the context. Still in love w the Pista. Something will happen. Let’s see.

23. haynF8

haynF8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Both are great cars no doubt. I had a 991.2 GT3 and then a 991.2 GT3RS and picked up my F8 Tributo in May of last year. I love P cars and still want to add a 992 GT3 manual to the stable before they're gone forever but the F8 is just a dream. The looks, the speed, the presence; the F8 was just everything I was looking for in a supercar/exotic. It's definitely special since it is the last of its kind before the hybrid 296 GTB. I do miss the rawness and sound of the GT3RS but I found the perfect car that I'll be keeping for a while. The F8 is just scary fast and I can't help myself looking back every time I park the car and walk away. Of course the best would be to keep both! :)

lamborarijason, AD211 and RoadRonin like this.
  24. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    haynF8, italiafan, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  25. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I can’t chime in on the Porsche front, but I have an 812 and F8 spider. So essentially just the newer versions of the cars you are thinking about.

I daily drive a grigio silverstone 812, and while the Seattle area is no south beach or socal, we do have a lot of super cars. It doesn’t attract tons of attention, but it will turn some heads. I’m sure the grey and long front vs mid engine is a big difference maker in attention received. My F8 spider in Bianco Cervino gets attention everywhere I drive it. Lots of heads turned, pictures anytime it’s stopped, etc etc.

As for daily comfort, the 812 is the better car. The F8 is more effortless to drive fast though, and I’d suspect most enjoy that on track more than the V12 cars. The F8 is still plenty comfortable for daily driving, and I’d expect a pista to be similar. The Pista may ride slightly harder than the F8, but honestly that’s not a bad thing since the F8 is quite soft in my opinion.

If I had to choose, I’d go with ferrari V12 and V8 car and get rid of the Porsche. You can always pick up a 992 GT3 again since there are plenty of them out there, and still being produced.

TR007, Thecadster and Cigarzman like this.