C8 Z06 | Page 60 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    half-mile top speed. Texas. too cold for tires

k wright likes this.
  2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Has anyone does a proper track test of one of these yet. All videos and tests seem to be about hooning the car here and there with basic impressions.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think you have to run 1500 miles before taking it to the track. And you need a special alignment. If anyone will do it first it will be this kid SpeedPhenom.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    i figured some magazine would have done it by now.

sp coal alignment was required for stingray and that alignment was not really streetable.

Looking forwards to comparing like for like. Ie a stock zo6 zo7 with say a gt3 or a gt4rs both of which would be it’s natural competitors on a friendly track day.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im pretty sure matt farah did just that kind of test at monticello for road and track pcoy but not releasing results until mag hits the stands next month. i predict it will win test v porsches

boxerman and k wright like this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  7. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sweet Jesus that sounds nice!

Boomhauer and TheMayor like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I can’t wait to get a Z06, mostly for the sound and high revving engine. I have a Z51 Stingray and once over 500 miles giving it some hard throttle performance driving I can say that it has more than adequate power and performance for street driving. The Z06 will be very special and represent the end of an era, but the Stingray Z51 is a pretty amazing performer in its own right.

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    The car looks great in the dark, shined up, under the lights. Those yellow calipers really pop.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jump to 5:45 for night shots
    NO, he doesn't straight pipe it. Loud enough stock. (Could get kicked off tracks if too loud)

VAF84 likes this.
  10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I’m curious to see what this cars real track prowess is. I’d also be curious to know how much improvement a z07 really makes. Given that a pro will eke out a second or two, is a stock z06 on really good really that much slower.

what does sound great is this car is supposed to be able to do sustained lap times, ie lap 10 is similar to lap2. That would be really something

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Not much info but it is what it is...

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This thing sounds just awesome

13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    fwiw.... Jump to 24:58 for summary

VAF84 likes this.
  14. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Nice video but a more accurate comparison would have been with a Ferrari 458 Speciale (both naturally aspirated with over 600bhp).

BJK likes this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  16. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    So my dealer in Dallas called yesterday about the Z06. They ordered my 2021 C8 and charged MSRP, and everything went great. Got on the Z06 list soon after, and we were # 11 on their list. Got a call yesterday. saying we are still #11, but they just got their first allocation for 4 cars. 2 of the first 4 on the list said they wanted to wait on the Z07 Option. I told him that didn't matter to us. He then said that management had made the decision to charge $50,000 over MSRP, and I quickly said not interested. Very disappointed in this new information. Told him to keep us on the list, and maybe by the time they get to #11, they will have gotten off that gouging crap.

Car partner and I now thinking a 458 might be a better option for now.

Thecadster, VAF84 and rob lay like this.
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My feeling is dealers are "searching" for people willing to say "yes". But most will say "stick it where the sun don't shine". As long as they have a list going out a couple of years its going to be like this. But Chevy is going to lose a LOT of sales.

IMO, paying 50K over is simply throwing 50K out of the window. You'll never get it back in resale after a year or 2.

The economy sucks. Interest rates are high. This ain't 2021 anymore. Dealers are going to have to figure it out the hard way.

Would I like this car? Yes. Do I need this car? NO.

Eric R, DIGMAN52, Wikdstrate and 6 others like this.
  18. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  19. Bluesky1

Bluesky1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2020
    MacMulkin just got 45 Z06 allocations this week and about half of the people were waiting for the Z07 package or the carbon fiber aero package both of which are on total constraint (not making any due to supply issues). As a result they made it up to just past 100 on their reservation list. Fortunately I made the cut as I did not want either of those options.

I ordered a 3LZ Z06 HTC in Hypersonic Gray with black top and mirrors along with red interior and level 1 carbon fiber interior trim.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Almost exactly what I'm thinking. Waiting for the call... and waiting...and waiting...

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    VAF84 likes this.
  22. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  23. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Based on reviews the Tecnica is similar to my RWD Evo. Not sure I agree about some of that assessment but man the Z06 punched above its weight

Now do it v GT3

24. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Look up at Mayor's post on Thurs. The Z06 spanks and I mean spanks the GT3. I have owned 7 vettes and love them but this thing is not really for me. I hate and I mean hate the design. They should have hired Ferrari to help design the looks for the car. The sharp edges and the rear look horrible which is really unfortunate.

energy88 likes this.