What OBD2 scanner do you use for F430? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What OBD2 scanner do you use for F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by pmotoring, Nov 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Does it clear Airbag codes and ABS

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Yes, on the 360 and 430. It can see the Airbag ECU on the CAN bus.

It does not work on the airbag signals for the 355 because the airbag controller does not live on the CAN bus. Neither does the F1 controller on the 355. The 355 folks do get screwed pretty regularly, don't they?

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I was using an Autel AP200, switched to the more capable Thinkdiag unit so I could reset the Steering Angle Sensor calibration. The only downside on the Thinkdiag is the subscription vs the Autel which is paid once but is read-only.

brogenville likes this.
  4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I used to try and save on tools ...

I don't do that anymore. Having the right tool is sometimes half the job, and sometimes it is the only way to do the job. The way to deal with this is... charge it to the job. If the job requires a code reader, add $100 to the job. This is how much a shop with a Leonardo tool charged me to clear my 355 airbag light. That's fair.

I just spent ...

$500 on an engine yolk to hold the Porsche 996 case for rebuild
    $350 on a porsche wrist pin CLIP installer to install ... 12 clips
    $750 on four Snap On ratchets.

And that is just this month.

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    What are you using now ?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I still use the X431 Mini Pro. Just today, I found that I have misplaced the wireless dongle on that thing and if I can't find it, it will be $700 present to myself for christmas. And it does not do anything for a F355.

7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
  8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Flash

That link no longer points to anything specific. There is a dongle only listing on ebay for almost $400 with tax. I don't know if that works, or if it is worth it.

Any idea if the 2022 NEW LAUNCH X431 CRP919E PRO Car OBD2 Scanner Bidirectional Diagnostic Tool is better or not?

9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The dongle is used by many different systems.. you would have to get in touch with them show them proof of your serial number and then they will send you a dongle.. you would need to change you tablet to point to new dongle

If scroll down in page you can see instructions of what to do

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

10. NorCalGuy

NorCalGuy Karting

Sep 28, 2018
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    NorCalGuy
    I use the Innova 3020RS for both my 2007 F430 and 2014 Shelby GT500. Great price point and easy to use for a simpleton like me. For the F430, only had to use it twice to diagnose "check engine" and clear the code/engine light. Luckily for me, check engine issues which were caused by loose gas cap and blown fuse. Hope this helps and kind regards.

11. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
  12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mitch Thanks for checking. I really don't care about using the phone for obd. I'd rather have a complete unit myself

13. GogglesPisano

GogglesPisano Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2022
    East Bay, California
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Kicking this up from the dead. Went ahead and purchased the newer NT710 unit. I ended up buying directly from the Foxwell site because 1. It was the least expensive option, and 2, I was able to use code "WELCOME10" for a 10% discount. Aside from the 360/430 section specifically, it seems other groups use the Foxwell products with good results. I'll report back once I try it out.

cavlino and AandSC like this.
  14. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    What is the advantage of the NT710 one other than a built-in tablet over the Thinkdiag unit which works with your mobile phone? Just curious...

15. GogglesPisano

GogglesPisano Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2022
    East Bay, California
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My personal preference is that I’d rather have a screen which is directly connected I can use versus rely on a connection with my phone. Also, I don’t have a large phone so the bigger screen will help when it comes to reading multiple lines. Just my preference of course. I don’t imagine the actual function is any better

cavlino likes this.