"Ferrari OWNER Exposes Dealership. Another reason NOT to get a Ferrari!" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

"Ferrari OWNER Exposes Dealership. Another reason NOT to get a Ferrari!"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PaganiHuyara, Dec 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    250GTE and NYC Fred like this.
  2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's his fault for driving it til the wheels fall off. Typical woman move.

Now I learn he has a California. LOL

Nospinzone likes this.
  3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    He would be happier with a Porsche.

Nospinzone likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Note to the world:

I don't care if you rant on YouTube.

You're welcome.

Rifledriver, WJHMH and Nospinzone like this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey, see my post #2! Even my wife knew to immediately bring her car back to the dealer. Women are embarrassed to be linked to this clown! :D

Eric C likes this.
  6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This happened to my mother when I was in High School. Luckily, the wheel fell off while backing out of the driveway instead of on the HWY.

I make it a habit to check the torque on my wheels any time someone touches my wheels. It's super easy for this to happen and it happens more than you'd think.

Nospinzone likes this.
  7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    9 times out of 10 I find the lug nuts are waaay over torqued. So over tightened that I would never be able to change a flat on the side of the road. Tho I've never had to anyways. :D

RedTaxi likes this.
  8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    You and Eric C are correct in analyzing the incident.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes. That is the result of so many places using an air gun that torques the bolts/lug nuts way beyond spec.

I don't know if this is true for a fact, but it is said using those air guns can so over torque the bolts/lug nuts that they can actually warp the rotor.

BJK likes this.
  10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree on minimizing damages. But this is 100% on the dealer. Tightening lug nuts? This ain’t rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

The only time this happened to me was when I was about 15 years old and working after school for a local glass shop. I picked up the 1/2 ton truck at the local Goodyear service station after new tires installed. About six blocks later with no warning at all I see the right front tire bouncing down the road in front of me. It bounced and hit the hood of an oncoming car and then rolled into someone's yard. I borrowed the peoples phone and called Goodyear. They had a guy there in five minutes, got my tire back on and made arrangements to pay the damage to the other car.

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Same here. Got some new tyres for my old BMW and had to get the wheels off to do the brakes. My god they were tight. Drove to the tyre shop and asked the big strong guy who did them up to undo them with the wheel brace (lug nut wrench) supplied in the BMW tool kit. He had no chance same as I didn't. I said stop using the rattle gun and get your boss to spring for a torque wrench and do them properly.

Texas Forever and BJK like this.
  13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think the owner is a bit of a pill... I watched his video of him and his girlfriend in Monaco, and it seems he is not much of a Car guy... so his experience is getting in and driving... he was complaining of a dead battery in Monaco after leaving the car off the charger for 7 days.... This is where Ferrari ownership is not for everyone - you have to understand the car, and it needs attention all the time... from batter tenders, warm up, tires, fluid checks etc... they all have quirks that are real vs. just talk. that is why I said he would be much happier with a Porsche.

About Wheels falling off while driving ... I remember the story I heard from a guy who had a Testarossa - must have been an early version, he said his rear wheel came off at 75MPH and the car sustained huge damage but was being rebuilt he was from TN.. and I met him on an FCA drive here in Ga. back in 2000..... since then I have always checked wheel nuts and bolts...

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Normally there are indeed signs of it going to happen - I had the issue with my 575 after the F1 pump was replaced (which needs to remove a rear wheel); I drove a few hundreds kilometers with no issue but then after a few track laps I felt the vibrations; one bolt was gone and the others were loose... The bolt was found back (!) and all were tightened (thanks to a fellow driver having a torque wrench).
    I now always have a torque wrench in my cars and check from time to time.

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Had the lugs on my tractor when new so tight I broke every socket I had in that size trying to get them off to change wheels. Needed 1/2" breaker with 4' pipe and full body weight standing on the pipe with both feet. Service manual said 120 lbs. limit. Six on each wheel. :mad:

Texas Forever likes this.