355 on 19" and 20" wheels | Page 7 | FerrariChat

355 on 19" and 20" wheels

Discussion in '348/355' started by Extreme, Nov 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm even older than you so it doesn't have anything to do with age, I always liked stanced cars in a nice way.

2. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
    I always wonder why "purists" come to post in these kind of threads...
    You have the right to not like modified cars, but let people who enjoy them to have a place of their own.
    Thanks. :)

There are very ugly cars in this thread indeed, but very beautifull ones also. It depends of your taste.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... ;)

3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I think you meant directly proportional, not inversely proportional.

ChoonHound likes this.
  4. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    Im not sure why some people are so against changing the wheels on some cars....
    I assume those are the same people who prefer everyone wear a uniform to work and only go to parties where every guy is in the same tuxedo.

Variety is the spice of life :)

5. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Yeah, exactly

6. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I’ve had way more modified cars than “purity” princesses. I’m not against mods, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion on them; nor does it mean that some wheels aren’t objectively too big, too ugly, too trashy, or too of-their-time. I think many of these wheels represent the early 2000s which, imo, was not a high point of car tuning.

7. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
    You're absolutely right about some early 2000 not so nices wheels. :)

For the rest I don't see the purpose of posting here (and I don't says that to you especialy) just to say "everything other than stock wheels is ugly " or "every car on this thread looks terrible".
    Of course you could do that, but I mean what's the point to share a negative opinion in a specific thread called "355 on 19" and 20" wheels" if it's something you don't like?

I'm posting in this thread and checking it because I like to see different wheels on a 355.
    I like the original ones, but I'd like to fit some 19" to give a little modern touch to my car.
    So I'm always curious to see what does exist and how does it looks on others car, and interested by all pictures of good or bad exemples.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Nothing wrong with 19 or 20" wheels. There is something wrong with ugly wheels however. What's really awful is when you put nineteen's on and then purposely decide to rubber band tires on. But to each thier own, keep it coming. :)

Sent from my SM-G990U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky

TOO FINE

I love this thread! :)

10. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
    At Ferrarium:
    Good exemples are hard to find I agree, and many of them don't look good, but sometimes there is a car with tastefull wheels, not often but sometimes.

There is a company that offering custom wheels including copies of OEM in 19".
    I would love to see a picture of them mounted on a 355.
    That could be a very subtle mod that nobody would really notice at first but change the look of the car.

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Having them all here on one thread good bad and ugly is a good idea. Looks are subjective again why putting all different ones found in one place is a good idea. I don't have to like everyone but I appreciate them all being here because someone else is going to look for them.

12. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
  13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Let us postulate driving down a back road at <say> 65 MPH and as you come around a blind curve you see an unavoidable pot hole 3" deep across the whole road surface (both lanes and runoff area).

What is the percent of 18" wheels that get damages with '40 aspect ratio tires ?
    What is the percent of 18" wheels that get damages with '35 aspect ratio tires ?

What is the percent of 19" wheels that get damaged with '35 aspect ratio tires ?
    What is the percent of 19" wheels that get damages with '30 aspect ratio tires ?

What is the percent of 20" wheels that get damaged with '30 aspect ratio tires ?
    What is the percent of 20" wheels that get damages with '25 aspect ratio tires ?

What is the percent of 21" wheels that get damages with '25 aspect ratio tires ?
    What is the percent of 21" wheels that get damages with '20 aspect ratio tires ?

15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Boxters with basically same wheel base have 19" option, it looks good. I don't think 355 looks bad with 19 just not used to seeing it I suppose. Most have to account for roads as you say.

I do think you have to choose wisely with 19s though.

16. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I see that car drive past and I think a) that car has a ton of deferred maintenance and b) he’s paying $199/mo. for those wheels. Do with that prejudice what you will.

Shorn355 likes this.
  17. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
    Mitch, it isn’t about practical wheels but aesthetic aspect.
    The F355 isn’t the most practical car to drive on the roads with its long and low nose, but you’ll not like to have it raised few inches? Right ?

18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    • You buy a $100k piece of Waterford Crystal-
    • You stick on a $.50 cent Things Remembered plaque-
    • Who cares?
    • Yes you've temporarily ruined something beautiful but it's YOUR Waterford so do with it what you will-
    • It's reversible and eventually someone will appreciate it for what it is and return it to its original beauty-
    It's not like wheels are irreversible- if the 355 owner wants to put bigger/non-oem wheels on during his/her ownership who cares?

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  19. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Of course it’s not a question of what you CAN do - you can wear sweatpants to work, you can put vinyl siding on your house, you can buy Louis Vuitton luggage - it’s a question of TASTE.

Shorn355 likes this.
  20. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    At this particular point, I think you're referring to Rimz, not Wheels, yo.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I say 20’s minimum. Go big or go home.

4respy likes this.
  22. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed