Whom is Brittany Higgins? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Whom is Brittany Higgins?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by carl888, Oct 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  3. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    My wife topped law school, got head-hunted by a top tier firm, and was on the corporate lawyer career path. But she hated it. She's now a QCAT adjudicator, on a pitiful salary, really, but she loves it. And she is actively discouraging our kids to do law.

4. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    It's your closest SC, so why not?

5. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I actively discouraged my girls doing Medicine. One is a Physio, one a Fashion Designer and the third a social justice warrior doing the HSC next year and planning to study Law at Melbourne Uni :D

6. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    talk her out of law Greg . Or in 10 years time you will be telling us how she is the chief Lawyer at The Fitzroy Aboriginal legal aid office ..

greg246 likes this.
  7. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

I worked in a law firm for a few years (not as a lawyer), and I gotta say it's one profession that turns young starry-eyed hopefuls into greedy, mean spirited, selfish argumentative pr*cks.

If you go into a restaurant and hear somebody yelling at a waitress, chances are it'll be lawyer. They treat people (other than those giving them money) like dirt.... They also place life success on acquiring baubles and lavish houses - their lifestyle costs are outrageous.

They never say I'm sorry and they never EVER admit they were wrong. It's in their bootcamp training.

Worst thing is they all like to pretend they are lovely people doing a sociably conscious job. Absolutely nothing is more important to a lawyer than their image and how they appear from the outside.

Other than that they are lovely people.

islerodreaming and Arvin Grajau like this.
  8. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Time for lawyer Dad-jokes.

What do you call 50 lawyers up to their necks in cement ?

Not enough cement .

FazzerPorscheman and greg246 like this.
  9. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

What's the difference between a lawyer and a bucket of sh*t ?

The bucket.

Arvin Grajau likes this.
  10. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    At Melbourne Uni ...not sure now ,at their 1st lecture they were told "you are the privileged ones"

When my business was flying along before I retired .....it always gave me great satisfaction to know my income would equal most senior partners in large law firms /barristers .And still be working 8.00am till 5.00pm 5 days a week .And I could see it annoyed 'em as they knew by the cutting of the cheques to my firm ..:p

11. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
  12. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    She has her life mapped out. Big love for Ancient History so will major in that. She wants to be a lawyer involved with Antiquities. I’ve set her a challenge to take on the British government and bring the Parthenon marbles back to Greece :D

13. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Wait and see...that Melbourne Uni has damaged a lot of young people the last few decades ..

14. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Can she handle the work load?

15. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    They’re all the same. Always have been. University staff on the whole are Left wing nutters that can’t make it in the real world

Gizzi, Arvin Grajau and Cyt like this.
  16. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Having been around the game for about 40 years I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It is a profession littered with crooks - many in Sydney in the 70's and 80's would remember being able to buy any verdict you wanted from various magistrates and judges. Best option if you do law is to use that bit of paper to open a door to something better which I did - still in the area but not prostituting myself.

greg246 and Arvin Grajau like this.
  17. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Elgin marbles!

DMWC likes this.
  18. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    and then there is with the large firms ,dangle the carrot work 80 hour weeks and get paid for 36h in the hope you'll one day be a partner r when the economy goes belly up they sack 'em by the hundreds .

What you is so true get the degree and move on to something more for filling , Roman had the right idea he was keen on aeronautical law, not sure if it even happened ?

I met years ago on the Big island in Hawaii a L.A lawyer that was involved in film industry re movie actors contracts , that would work?

Some of the stories I could tell would wright a book on lawyers /law firms and money lending ...crooks and there clients .

islerodreaming likes this.
  19. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Like the saying goes, if you can't do....teach.

20. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    A hot bed of lefty brainwashing (trying to catch up to Monash?). My niece (as Left as they come) went there to study History, even though she got into Law - wants to become a civil rights lawyer, don't know how an Arts degree fits in with that. It's amazing how a lefty can study history and fail to learn the lessons from it!

21. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    It's easy. First rule of the Left is, never mind the facts.

Arvin Grajau and Ferraridoc like this.
  22. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Civil rights? Does she want to be poor her entire life??

23. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thief!

24. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Over the years being in the lending game ,I've crossed swords a few times with consumer groups and the lawyers working within.

Looking back before the consumer laws were tightened up in the early 2000s , these people in my view had little regard for the client or the lender , it was all about knocking up the hours to prove there worth to the funding provided by the State Government !

Overall impressions , they were all leftwing, bitter with life ,lived inner city most cases would rent and had the worry of the world on their shoulders ,while others like US enjoy life ,hobbies and families ..Not all that smart with the clean up and making of various consumer laws they did themselves out of work/jobs ,grew old and bitter and dropped off , there places replaced by others from another decade of lefty law education /Uni's .