GTC4Lusso Tire Spec 20" v 21" v 22" Advice | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso Tire Spec 20" v 21" v 22" Advice

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by hamiltonseth, Dec 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hamiltonseth

hamiltonseth Rookie

Dec 1, 2022
    Hello everyone,
    First time Ferrari owner here coming over from Porsche and Lamborghini. I am picking up a v12 Lusso tomorrow and want to immediately swap out the wheels. I don't mind a slight sacrifice in ride quality but I also don't want it to be jarring. I see plenty of aftermarket wheels run 21" front 22" rear which seems a bit aggressive to me. Does anyone run 21" front and rear, or 20" front and 21" rear? I live in sunny southern California with pretty good roads, although there is the inevitable pothole here or there if you aren't paying attention. I am likely going with Novitec springs, and I do have axle lift. Full Kline inconel exhaust has already been ordered. Looking forward to some fun days taking the kids to school

Thank you all for your help!
    Seth

2. Jason Frye

Jason Frye Rookie

Oct 12, 2020
    Parker, CO
    Full Name:
    Jason Frye
  3. hamiltonseth

hamiltonseth Rookie

Dec 1, 2022
    What tire specs are you running?

4. Jason Frye

Jason Frye Rookie

Oct 12, 2020
    Parker, CO
    Full Name:
    Jason Frye
    255/30/21 || 335/25/22.

5. hamiltonseth

hamiltonseth Rookie

Dec 1, 2022
    thank you. Since I will be going satin black HRE 935 wheels I don’t think there will be a big aesthetic difference between 21 v 22” rears or 20 v 21” fronts. I’m most interested in running 21” all four or 20” front and 21” rear to save some space for comfort. Anyone running such a setup?

6. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Im on stock wheels so cant comment on the tire sizes, but keep in mind it is important to keep the overall wheel diameter the same, so as not to create issues with the 4RM. At least the ratio of change needs to be the same if there is one (and that would give you erroneous speed readings but I guess it's acceptable to most)

7. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
  8. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
  9. Elferink

Elferink Rookie

May 16, 2018
    the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mark Elferink
    Dear Reg, your reference to the thread regarding your search for suitable wheels and tires was reason for me to read this entire thread (I had not done so yet, because I was only active on this forum later).
    What a great explanation .
    Apart from the fact that I still like my standard wheels very much, your thread has a lot of extra information for possible future adjustments!
    Regards, Mark

ANOpax and hamiltonseth like this.
  10. hamiltonseth

hamiltonseth Rookie

Dec 1, 2022
    I can’t agree more. I just read through it and this is exactly the info I have been looking for. Thanks so much for your help!

ANOpax likes this.
  11. Bond55

Bond55 Rookie

Jan 8, 2023
    New York
    Full Name:
    M Perez
    Same; wanting to know if there is someone doing 21” in all 4 corners. I’ve seen a few with 20” winter set ups. Meaty, but the car dwarfs them.