40% SHARE AVAILABLE !! ON A BEAUTIFUL 604 CHALLENGER | FerrariChat

40% SHARE AVAILABLE !! ON A BEAUTIFUL 604 CHALLENGER

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Yellow Compass, Jan 26, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Dear Brothers, aside from selling Ferraris
    I’ve been heavily involved in the aviation business for the last 15 years .
    A very close friend of mine owns a beautiful 2000 Challenger 604 with approximately 9000 hours , it recently had a $1 million avionics upgrade no expense was spared the aircraft is in immaculate condition .
    Currently with a fantastic aviation management company owned by my best friend. Owner is looking to sell off 40% of the aircraft for $3 million he will stay in and retain 60% ownership
    East Coast investor preferred.
    The $3 million investor would also be in a position to take advantage of a 100% accelerated depreciation for tax year 2023 on the $3 million and also have use of the aircraft for a predetermined amount of hours at DOC $$
    If interested please give me a call and I will go into extreme detail this is an absolutely gorgeous aircraft and a great deal especially if you’re looking to dispatch a tax consequence .
    Mike 973-610-7111

thecarreaper likes this.
  2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    For anyone that might consider this (or any aircraft), make sure you clearly understand the Direct Operating Costs of hourly and monthly charges. The acquisition cost is the tip of the iceberg in operating the aircraft.

thecarreaper and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I question 40%. Most people with this kind of dough are control freaks. They don't like not having control.

4. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    In this case your wrong , not that kind of guy.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Net Jets and Flight Options have certainly found lots and lots of people that this not an issue. If the other partner is knowledgeable in aircraft ownership operation then being an inexperienced partner this can be a good solution.

6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Problem is making decisions. The 60% owner has the golden rule - he who has the gold rules. It would be better if you have five 20% owners.

LARRYH and donv like this.
  7. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    I’m still reeling from the “$1M avionics upgrade…”

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  8. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    They did a beautiful job

9. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Get used to those kinds of numbers with this class of aircraft.

Single ownership of such an aircraft is going to be at least $2 mil a year in operating costs; no capital cost included. 2 pilots, 1 flight attendant, possibly 1 mechanic, hangar rent, flight department office at hangar facility, hull insurance, liability insurance - all before you light up the engines.

thecarreaper and donv like this.
  10. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    My Brothers i started this thread to do a favor for one of our clients, we are a sizable 121 operation which employees many mechanics and pilots and yes we have a big hangar too , this 604 is not facing any major inspections anytime soon
    I’m happy to discuss further in detail if anyone is interested :)

11. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Please do not interpret my comments as negative against this aircraft or the offering. My points are about anyone that might be interested needs to make sure they properly understand what they would be getting into with this or any other larger sized aircraft with anyone. Until one is in this world they have little clue what all is involved to own and then operate a flight operation. That I listed a shortened list of the infrastructure needed, and that you have, is showing what has to be in place to even start to make an aircraft able to be used.

The comment about 5 partners at 20% can lead to problems. Too many wanting the same aircraft at the same time. Requiring a consensus on decisions without a clear leader. 60/40 ownership does put someone in charge and as long as their is agreement on the philosophy of operation the minority partner can just use the aircraft worry free by paying his money. Some years back I had a long conversation with a Net Jets fractional owner (had a G-IV and Citation X) - he knew he was overpaying Net Jets but valued the convenience of nothing was his issue except making the phone call to arrange his flight. I did not see him again when he got to the end of the term where the residual values for Net Jets aircraft are well below normal market - 1,000+ hours per year versus typical 300-400.

thecarreaper and Texas Forever like this.
  12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    From a financial point of view, the mechanic is the one person I would consider essential on that list.

thecarreaper likes this.
  13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Depends upon the mechanic. Most are fantastic and easily pay for themselves. But I remember one that I had to explain how to read a Gulfstream maintenance status report - and he had worked for Gulfstream-Savannah; he did not last long.

14. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I amend my statement to read "a good mechanic"...

tritone likes this.
  15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    But if you own a minority interest and somebody else owns the majority interest, you're screwed. The only way to make this work is major decisions have to require a unanimous vote.

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I would expect the buyer this 40% would be someone in need of a unplanned tax write off and at the same time in need of access to wholesale use of the aircraft…..i would hope the buyer would do his due diligence if not well …he should not do it…

17. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Next time ill bring a bullet-proof vest to my own party - LOL!!! XO

Ryan S., tritone and INRange like this.
  18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If it has to be unanimous, might as well be 50/50 then. Which is why I questioned the whole idea of "40%"-- like where does that number even come from?

19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Whether 60/40 or 51/49 I am in favor of someone having the ability to make the necessary decisions. There also needs to be a mechanism on who gets first rights to use of the aircraft when there is a conflict. One would hope that in any such arrangement (not just this one) that the majority owner is well versed in owning and operating this class of aircraft so that they are in tune with the topics of maintenance, avionics mandates, crew evaluations, and operational issues. Good communication will be important and a clear understanding from the beginning between the partners will be critical. Is the intent that the aircraft does a level of charter and to what extent? Alternatively it could be strictly for the 2 partners so that there is no extra accumulation of hours & cycles and there is less wear & tear?

20. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Question: For the 100% depreciation, does that mean that aircraft was acquired last year and the current owner is ascribing the new partner that related portion of the depreciation to them? Starting January 1 of this year the accelerated depreciation is no longer 100%.

21. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Jeff if your interested in coming in as a partner on this aircraft please text me your cell # and i will set up a call for you with our Aviation Tax accouant.
    Mike 973-610-7111

EastMemphis likes this.
  22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    We on the floor never used, AND WERE NOT TRAINED IN: MMEL, MOPP, FAA Policy letters, AFM that operators live in.

CMPs are handed to you. Parts of the AMM, Wire Diagram manual an standard wiring practices manual are referenced.

CATIA is used a lot.

We did what we are told with what we are given, and were not aware of the docs and regs that drove the work in the background for the most part.

As yall may recall I did 22+ years at GAC Savannah in Flight Test and R&D.

Been teaching G500/G600 MX Initials at Flight Safety for a little over a year.

Techs and managers on the floor are NOT TRAINED in how to manage and operate a flight department.

Gulfstream has folks siloed to do the same tasks over and over quickly and to a high standard of quality.

I was laid off and am not a fan boi of GAC or General Dynamics. But I also do not fault the way they build the aircraft.

But until i became a certified MX Instructor I had no idea or TRAINING in how complex it is to SAFELY run aircraft as an operator / owner.

I worked: Production, Service Center, Outside OPS , Service Center / Green Stripe / Gov / Military aircraft, Flight Test and Engineering Test Labs / Iron Birds.

Not meant as a knock to Jeff, but do not expect folks on the floor to have that knowledge or training.

PlaneConnect, top of decent reports and AHTMU data dumps are not things folks on the floor are told about with out need.

donv and Texas Forever like this.
  23. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I
    My issue with the one person we had as our mechanic for a G-IV was how he came from the service center side of the Savannah operation but was unable to understand how to read a due maintenance report as run by Gulfstream. What checks are coming up when over the next 12 months or so.

This is not a hit on Gulfstream as I dealt with some great people at the service centers.

thecarreaper likes this.
  24. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

Yes sir. Only folks upstairs in Tech Ops deal with CMP Due lists and A check / C check schedules. Folks on the floor are not trained in it. Most folks are having to learn how to use the new MyCMP diagnostics tool as there is no Fault Isolation Manual anymore.

The federated database does all the work based on the quality of the answers to the questions.