Pozzi / satin grey combo | FerrariChat

Pozzi / satin grey combo

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Feb 7, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Dear V12 friends.

Many years ago, I was playing with the idea to paint the lower valances etc. on my 550 in a more light color than satin black to make the contrast to the almost black paint, "Blu Pozzi D.S. 522" a bit more noticable. Well someone have done just this on this F12, and I kind of like it alot. What do you think? Originally, I was thinking a more light beige color to match the Crema interior.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoVB1raJT6F/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Any thoughts?

Erik

Condor Man likes this.
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I actually like it, caveat being I would have to see it on a 550 to be certain. The more angular appearance of the F12 may have a lot to do with the fact that it works, at least to my eye.

I’m amazed that there is someone who dislikes shields enough to make noscuderiashields their Instagram handle…

F456M likes this.
  4. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    You could do a wrap initially to see how it looks?

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  5. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have seen this car in Person and it looks delicious!

Having said this the interior could be Cuoio, Tan or Sabbia.

They all work with Pozzi!

F456M likes this.
  6. Timmo

Timmo Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2017
    Continental Europe
    I may rank among the very few who do not like the different shades of blue on our cars, especially Pozzi which is non-metallic and gives the cars a particularly cheap look in my humble opinion, however I agree that this idea can work very well with dark metallic blues as seen on this F12 and "brighten up" the overall appearance of dark blue cars in general.
    The colour of the wheels is important too but in my view stock 550 wheels with their still very elegant but simple and perhaps now slightly dated design look good only in their original silver and probably not in a darker grey which may work better with lower valances repainted in a more or less matching dark grey.

In any case I would ask someone fluent with photoshop to make some renderings to see how such a modification would affect the looks.

F456M likes this.