Critique of pundit's walk-through videos of Pebble, Amelia etc. | FerrariChat

Critique of pundit's walk-through videos of Pebble, Amelia etc.

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by bitzman, Mar 27, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    It is rare to find someone with encyclopedic knowledge of rare cars who can walk through a show (trailed by videographer) spouting history, anecdotes, tales of test drives etc. I am studying these to see how they could be done best, as I realize video journalism is a whole different ball park than the printed word For one thing the host does not introduce himself with a brief look at his book credits, special interest in certain brands etc, so you wonder who is this bloke? (In one he says he is a judge at Pebble but in another filmed at The Quail he is more vague about his role in judging) Another criticism is the clothes (pure schlub) In both I saw, he runs out of time about 80% of the way through and just starts rapidly naming what car is driving by "BMW Z8," etc. Still it is a vision of various events from an expert's POV so you can decide what event you want to attend. Here's one on You Tube under the title
    The Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance 2022: An insider's view

2. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I think it is rare to find someone like that, but I happen to know two folks who can do exactly that. And at Pebble Beach, probably not so rare to find someone with such skills. I'm sure there's a lot more out there!

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Then there is Gonzo style favored by pubescent teenagers...

This is a young kid from Savannah, GA I have befriended/