FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2023 - Melbourne....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 15 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2023 - Melbourne....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Apr 1, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Well, that sucked all around, and yet another race where we wait for the suits to decide the outcome long after the real action ends.

Possible the fan invasion was caused by fans thinking, not unreasonably, that the race was over.

mdrums, werewolf and SimCity3 like this.
  2. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Didn't think it possible, but this was more embarrassing than Spa. The FIA really are the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight...

mcimino, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ocon always looks gormless.

4. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    It is largely staffed with Ex Ferrari people so what do we expect

subirg, Jeronimo GTO, william and 2 others like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Excellent point. I know it's a joke but it does explain an incredible amount.

Seriously impressive that Ferrari manages to turn up to the correct race every weekend.

kes7u, mcimino, 635CSI and 1 other person like this.
  6. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    They have not yet turned up with the 499 instead of the SF23 that's maybe for Imola

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What an incredibly awesome race!

Fantastic to the very end. And big kudos to the Stewards who got for once everything right. Loved all their decisions.

This is shaping up as one hell of a cool F1 season.

Jakuzzi, watt, Schultz and 3 others like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    No penalty for Gasly at the end.

HAAS protest has been dismissed.

Nembo1777 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The use of the red flag in modern F1 is totally out of hand. The final one was 100% stage managing to try and get an exciting finish and had nothing to do with safety. In the end all it produced was a genuine dangerous situation with millions of Euros in damage and made the FIA look like fools.

kes7u, ktu, Ferrari 308 GTB and 7 others like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I just now finished watching this race. My thanks to the FIA and race management for making this a complete waste of my time.

**** F1

kes7u, werewolf and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  12. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    More views of spectators entering the track.

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Thats a gap that needs blockage!

F2003-GA likes this.
  15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Just watched . . . . Poor Chuck.

16. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    It's races like this that make me want to watch NASCAR.

and NHRA drag racing

and monster truck competitions

kes7u and ingegnere like this.
  17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    will we know before the next race, who won the last race

18. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    We already have a pretty good idea of who's winning the next ones...

Jakuzzi, kylec and werewolf like this.
  19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well that was the least surprising victory. max imperious. The rest absolutely no where. Redbull are the only F1 cars on the grid. The rest are just glorified F2 cars by comparison. What was surprising, was just how far ahead the RB is. In clear air, Max was over 2 seconds a lap faster. In a straight out 100% effort race, max would have lapped the entire field.

Perez showed just why he’s a number 2 driver and not worthy of being a wdc candidate. Finishing 5th was a bit average in my book. I’m sure Max would have got right to the front.

Equally, unsurprising was the sight of max whinging as usual. Seriously man, chill the f*** out. Take time to bask in the glory of having the title sewn up, and just get on with the job.

Ferrari somewhat unlucky today, but I’m sure that without the bad luck, we would have found a way to throw it all away anyway. Zero points. What a disgrace.

Mercedes have not taken a step forwards. All we are seeing is the same as last year - a rubbish car design that is better on slow circuits than it is on fast circuits. They will be destroyed in Azerbaijan. Why hasn’t their chief designer been fired yet?

Aston podium again, and solid for it. Well done.

Gasly vs Ocon was interesting. Personally, I think Ocon is a liability. He’s not smart enough to avoid obviously risky situations. Ending up in the wall with Gasly was avoidable, but he chose to keep his foot in and blew Aplines day.

And finally - the FIA stewards. OMG. What a bunch of utter clowns. The curse of Massi strikes again. That clown being at the circuit was an omen…

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    What's the rationale for allowing new tires during red flag stoppage? Red flags always seem to screw someone over, who pitted just before.
    Not that Russel could have challenged Max had he not lost the time putting on new tires under a yellow flag vs red, but I don't get that rule.

Ferrari is pathetic. Triple whammy of slow car, mediocre driving and bad luck today.
    Sainz's car placement with FA seemed overly optimistic/dumb to me, and although putting him out of the points was harsh FA fully earned the podium.
    Serious question now whether Ferrari will get even one podium this season...

Neat seeing Lewis and FA watching the replays in the cool down room, with Max not really caring.
    Of course Max is far from the only whiner, but agree that in his position with the likely prospect of a relatively easy 3rd championship, it's quite annoying.

Great to see Lewis back on the podium, and joking around with FA.
    If only they had cars that could match the RB's pace we'd be in for an epic season.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    It's a free pit stop without incurring the pit stop delta (usually 20 to 25sec..... track dependent of course that that delta would incur a loss in place or places on the F1 grid).

It's no different when a Safety Car is on the track which is also a free pit stop.

22. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    I know how it works, and why they'd allow safety-related work on the car, it's allowing tire changes I don't get. Guess it does come down to aligning with yellow flag pitstops, just even more of an advantage over those that pitted just before.

SS454 likes this.
  23. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    after Lewee dirt move driving Max off at the start, with fia's first assist, that shred pass by Max on lap 12 was poetically just and crushing... and fia's further assists to Lewee didnt get it done again just.

24. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That’s scumbag lulus way of driving.

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    You're only allowed to make tire changes and any damage incurred on the car for example a front wing change. The new part has be like-for-like parts. They cannot be different.

I believe a Red Flag has always allowed for tire changes since as long as I can remember.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.