The Purosangue Thread | Page 267 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    The PS can't tow! :D

jm2 likes this.
  2. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’ll bet we could wrap a tow stamp around the frame!

BYW, I knew a guy who had a receiver hitch mounted to his Countach. When he got his Max F1 he was a bit upset that they could not mount one on it…. LOL

HotShoe likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I completely misunderstood. Entirely my fault, please accept my full apologies.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #6655 paulchua, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    For SUV Haters, nothing wrong with that.

I've always believed in different strokes for different folks. What gets my question mark, though, is folks that hate Ferrari for specious reasons.

It's not 'pure' (slippery slope), they say! Every single Ferrari road car is some form of dilution from a track car. So unless your name is Leclerc or Schumacher, please sit down. Claims the P is slow (that's relative, driving a Urus Performante scares the bejesus out of me just 8/10ths) - tell me in comparison to what one using at what track? Many folks here can easily substantiate that, and I respect it; it's just that those folks have not been the ones chirping. That Ferrari 'sold out' (literally every car manufacturer has an SUV, sedan, or truck (Rimac, you say? But their electric, so back to square one)

Companies like MG and Morgan have SUVs now. Even Christian von Koenigsegg said a Mad Max-style Gemera excites him. Jamie Corstorphine confirmed a Mclaren 4-door car is coming.

You have the Porsche 911 Dakar, the Lamborghini LM002, or the more recent Sterrato. From Aston Martin to Lotus, Rolls to Bently, Jaguar to Alfa Romeo. Heck, Bugatti made the 15C Galibier, the Eb112 sedans. Do people forget that Carrol Shelby made the Dakota? (40 darn years ago) Is Shelby a poseur?

Hate the latest ultra-SUVs; more power to you! Nothing wrong with that. But please, don't claim some imagined 'impurity' from selling out makes them slow as you 'race' one on the way to a Cars and Coffee.

If it's a Performante, you better be faster than 2 seconds and change, and hit 10s in the 1/4 mile.

But slow, right? And it's 'compromised.' I guess if you're driving a Plaid.

6. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Funny how people here act so entitled, like they’re Enzo’s children. Meanwhile Enzo’s actual son is driving a Purosangue…

7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok
    Carry on!

paulchua likes this.
  8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari could have capitalized on being the supercar company that DIDN'T build an SUV. The opportunity to stay "pure" to its roots was completely blown. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So much could have been done to separate Ferrari from the clan. They blew it. And those that buy that stupid caravan are just as much to blame.

Chicko likes this.
  9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Ferrari really had no choice. People are paying obscene money for an Audi RS Q8 with a Bull on the hood. Wall Street is involved now, the Purosangue, like it or not, is a real deal, clean sheet design unlike the Urus. I could not fathom spending $450k on a Purosangue but I'm glad others will as hopefully Ferrari uses the cash for more R&D for amazing sport cars and the pair that compete around the world on Sundays.

paulchua, anunakki, ScrappyB and 4 others like this.
  10. thx enzo

thx enzo Karting

Aug 11, 2021
    Hartland, WI
    Full Name:
    Stevenp
    Make loads of money on the PS, and use it for the next several generations of lovely sports cars.

Hawkeye likes this.
  11. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    I agree. More cash for the development of sport cars + listening to what many of their customers wanted. Let’s face it, the PS is a success, many people wanted the brand to have a SUV. The PS is a real Ferrari, a real sport machine (handling, performances, …). If it depreciates like the FF/Lusso. I would not mind owning one in several years.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Exactly, and every person I know that has a deposit down has MULTIPLE exotics. If I owned a LaF, I wouldn’t drive it to Tahoe. I know which car I would pick when looking at my fleet of cars.

REALZEUS and Sunshine1 like this.
  13. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I’d take the F40 :D

elmadi, paulchua and papou like this.
  14. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    A pal of mine is a salesman at a major Ferrari dealership, he alone has taken orders for 40 PS
    If Enzo knew those numbers he’d scrap the whole car production and just build PS .

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So sad Ferrari has become a parody. Just another luxury item for people to jerk off over. No substance. Just a product for a marketing company..horrible.

16. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Back in the day Enzo saw his road car sales as a necessary evil to support his racing teams. Today SUVs are used to support sports car development. The big difference here is today the SUVs are for BIG PROFITS for the company and stock holders with only a small portion going to sports car development.
    If SUVs were as popular back in the 50s and 60s I’m sure Enzo would have made them but only to feed his racing program. Try to imagine what a high performance Ferrari SUV would have been like in the mid sixties-
    Perhaps a 2+2 red high riding voluptuous body based on the 275GTB with the V12 Colombo engine with the optional 6 Weber carbs nestled up front driving all 4 wheels- glorious!

papou and paulchua like this.
  17. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Here
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Schultz, paulchua, Ryan S. and 4 others like this.
  18. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    True but let’s be honest, all the models have an insane profit margin. The PS is no different. Your friend would sell just as many of the other models if they had an allocation.

elmadi and paulchua like this.
  19. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    V12 Colombo, 6 Weber carbs, 275GTB body, … such sweet words… :cool:

elmadi and paulchua like this.
  20. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Thank you for Sharing!!!

paulchua and 05F430F1 like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Current Ferraris are the best ever, but yeah, whatever...

That's totally untrue. Ferrari has one of the largest R&D budgets in the industry. More than 20% of their profits go into R&D, when most car companies are between 5 and 10%.

paulchua likes this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I’d say this is true for some stuff, take their hairdryer for instance. But the 296 and SF90 are two of the finest automobiles on the planet. I certainly wouldn’t turn a PS away if I had that kind of coin.

elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    tbakowsky and HotShoe like this.
  24. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed