Red Bull F1 | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Red Bull F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. USMCS6

USMCS6 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Arlington VA and Daytona Fl
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Ferrari needs to throw ALL the cash at it. My RACE stock is up stupid, spent the money. I get the budget cap but play the ****ing game and WIN! I want to win. Screw the fizzy drink guys. Get back to a proper "constructor" My non Ferrari daily is a merc... I dont like them in F1, but at least they ARE a constructor. Maybe I just watch moto GP where real men race. Or real NHRA top fuel. Run whatcha' brung. they take their best shot 3.5 seconds at a time.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  2. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It’s easy to mistake the two, but the ultra capacitor is actually a flux capacitor.

3. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Well, there is that.......

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

6. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    2016 Mercedes would've won every race of the season if it wasn't for lewis and rosberg crashing into each other at Spain and Vettel crashing into Rosberg in Malaysia.

If we exclude Spain 2016 (which we should since it wasn't a technical reason they didn't win and they'd have dominated the race more than most other races), they wouldn't lose a race until Malaysia, race 16...when Lewis blew his engine.

schumacherf2006 likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. DF1

Nico and Bottas had wins and led quite a few laps I think. Thats fairly bleak for any real excitement the rest of the season LOL :) Interesting find!

10. DF1

Russell: Verstappen "less aggressive" in F1 2023
    Mercedes driver George Russell reckons Max Verstappen is racing “less aggressive than he’s ever been” in Formula 1 because of Red Bull’s 2023 pace advantage.

william likes this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    easy when you're driving up front and can easily take your time to pass others.

12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  13. DF1

Newey: "Countdown" to F1 retirement has "realistically" started
    Pre-eminent Formula 1 car designer Adrian Newey says the “countdown” to his retirement has “realistically” begun but he aims to continue until he is no longer wanted or enjoys working.

zygomatic likes this.
  14. DF1

https://the-race.com/formula-1/should-red-bull-put-verstappen-in-perezs-car-to-benchmark-it/

Should Red Bull put Verstappen in Perez’s car to benchmark it?

Here’s Mark Hughes’ answer:

“I love those questions, Javier. As a fan it’s the sort of thing that you’d love to see – let’s benchmark this car and benchmark this driver – and it would answer so many questions that we have.

“But from the perspective of the team, it’s not something that they’re going to want to do.

“There’s no real reason to suppose that there’s any material difference between Verstappen’s car and Perez’s. To have Max confirm that would really just probably compound Perez’s misery and that wouldn’t be helpful to anyone in the team.

“Similarly while they would get a definitive benchmark if they put Max in an AlphaTauri, it wouldn’t really help them – it would put a pressure and an imperative on the existing drivers that’s probably not going to be helpful. So it’s not something that’s going to happen.

“I don’t think there’s any specific regulation to prevent it, though.”

Edd Straw: “You can change drivers in FP1, so they could do it if they wanted to.”

Mark Hughes: “I’m sure it’s possible and feasible, and we’d love to see it just to satisfy our own curiosity.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ridiculous question.

Everyone knows the tracks earlier on this season really suit Perez. He was pretty close to Max. Monaco comes and Perez ****s it into the wall first lap.

Spain comes around and Perez ****s it into the wall in quali.

Canada comes around and Perez in tricky conditions doesn't put fast enough laps in on either tyre.

RB have all the data. They can see exactly what max is doing right or Perez is doing wrong.

jpalmito, Giallo 550 and LVP488 like this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  17. DF1

Horner: Red Bull must support Perez through “difficult” F1 patch
    Red Bull Formula 1 boss Christian Horner says that the Milton Keynes team has to continue to support Sergio Perez as his "difficult" run continues.

william and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I would be disgusted if Red Bull was to bench Perez before the end of his contract to replace him with Ricciardo.

I like them both, but Ricciardo made a rod for his own back when he left RB 5 years ago.

If I was Horner, I would only use Ricciardo as reserve driver, sim development driver, team ambassador and mentor in lower series.

jpalmito likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    What did you call RedBull a several months ago? A "meat grinder?"

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, I know, but they don't have to live to that epithet all the time.
    Perez has been a good #2 for them.

22. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    He was a very good #2 but now he's too far away to be of any help.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hummm, I think they are too hasty after a couple of bad performances.
    Perez is still 2nd in the WDC ranking., and I don't think they will do better by replacing him mid-season as some propose.
    Putting pressure on him by mentioning Ricciardo as an alternative isn't very smart either.
    Red Bull could win the WDC and WCC this year, so what are they complaining about ?

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I wouldn't replace him mid season either... but I'd start looking for alternatives, just in case he doesn't improve.

Personally I think Ricciardo would be a risky bet, and there is nobody at Toro Rosso. That buys some time for Pérez.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Agreed. So why is Marko putting pressure on Perez through the media ?

For a top team, changing driver(s) shouldn't be done on impulse