New 400i new concerns | FerrariChat

New 400i new concerns

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Bubba5320, May 22, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bubba5320

Bubba5320 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2024
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well new battery in, solid terminals, installed a few new vacuum lines. (Stupid ca extra stuff) and re-installed right conveyor. Car starts right up as it has always done.

Concern 1. But when revving car it seems to misfire, bog down. but when it was warm, like a full 10/15 minutes of idling and playing with accelerator looking for a problem, it started running strong. But idle was bouncing back and forth 750-1000rpm. And if I increase revs at idle and back off car wants to die unless I keep it going. Car has only few hundred miles in last few years so maybe bad gas, moisture, clogged injectors. Thinking of a tank of new gas and fuel additive to check and clean as when started car today it did the same bogging down at first. Suggestions?

Concern 2. Speaking of right side. There is a metal flange below the head, head gasket? I have cleaned off fluid from it a couple of times. Accumulates on the rim but seems to be damp all the way up to engine as well. It feels like a light lubricant. It’s not like my oil or antifreeze or fuel. A mixture? Any ideas? Left side Completely dry. Worried it’s not good.

Thanks as always. New car fears setting in.
    [​IMG]

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Concern 1: easiest step is new tank of Shell gasoline and a double dose of fuel injector cleaner....AND DRIVE IT
    Concern 2: ATF from rear suspension pump if your car is so equipped. The sheet metal is a heat shield, so motor oil can thin out if it sits there for a while.
    Ken

3. Bubba5320

Bubba5320 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2024
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    thanks Ken. Similar thoughts on #1 but am concerned of electrical and vacuum as a secondary. I keep looking around. As far as #2 goes I know the hydrolic suspension has been swapped out. So not sure if that so trying to determine where the fluid could also be coming from? Do you know if the head gasket sits above that heat shield maybe seeping from there? Or do you know if there’s anywhere fuel could be coming from to get on that heat shield? I just don’t see anything specific.

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Post some pics of your new 400! What serial number?

5. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Since I sold my car, I cannot look and see. Looking at your pic, it appears the plate is above the head gasket. If there was a fuel leak it would evaporate quickly and only leave a stain from the additives.
    Ken