$130k service cost on 328 true? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

$130k service cost on 328 true?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sergio Tavares, Sep 2, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we thought he was dumb for allowing Donnie to do that and then dumb to dump it on the cheap, but he might have been smart way ahead of the wave. the new owner probably not happy as they thought they were getting $130k of work for half off and turns out should have been 100% off.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #402 Rifledriver, May 2, 2024
    Last edited: May 2, 2024
    I dont think he sold it on the cheap. A 328 is a 328, I don't care how much is spent on it, there's a ceiling. Especially if you are spending Donnie dollars that are about a 4:1 ratio to US dollars. It was based on what I saw a very good but not great car. And then there is the distinct possibility the work Donnie did was trash because despite Farrah Faucets claims to the contrary I think the guy is a hack.

Putting a lot of money in a 328 better be a labor of love. No matter how much we like them spending 6 figures on them might as well have gone to hookers and blow as Dale likes to say.

davemqv, sfcarguy and beng like this.
  3. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    Cara Callaway is not his wife, she is his MOTHER! she must be really old too.

4. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    BAR would not be involved since he had no license whatsoever.

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    And that is exactly why they would get involved. They are the designated agency for enforcement and an unlicensed shop is a valid enforcement action.
    Thats like saying California Highway Patrol would not issue a ticket because you had no drivers license.

Camila likes this.
  6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Maybe................a few years ago on my residential block, a guy was operating a welding business out of his garage. Sometimes he would even leave a vehicle he was working on parked in the alley for hours. Lots of noise, fumes, and debris. I called the city and reported the guy. I was told there was nothing they could do, because he didn't have a business license, and legally wasn't a business. Anyway.......... shortly after the guy moved away.

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    If you're an illegal they wouldn't and you might even get a free cell phone and a credit card loaded with $2K :D

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    And you can never predict the lengths to which lazy civil servants will go to not do their jobs. However I have over 30 years of professional experience dealing with the California Bureau of Automotive Repair.
    Their status within the organization is based on how many they can fine into never never land or put in jail. It was designed to be a self funding agency. Under more recent state leadership it and a number of other agencies have been turned into an income stream for the state. Every month they publish a news letter gleefully reporting on their enforcement actions.

MaranelloMark and Glassman like this.
  9. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    I was told that a few years ago he went to prison because he had a BAR mechanic license which he got under perjury since he did not disclose in the application that he had priors. He then went on to put a lien in a prototype Miura which was ilegal because his mechanic license was really not valid. He even asked some girl to keep the Miura parts in her garage because 'he was moving to another shop and he did not want the parts to get lost' (the poor woman had an unpleasant visit from the police) so it is not like he did not know he could not put mechanic liens in cars. He served a long time in state prison and was mandated to pay a lot of restitution (like in the hundreds of thousands) which to the best of my friend's knowledge he did not pay (would not that make the plea null and thus he would have to go back to prison just for that??) maybe some lawyers here can chime in. I also heard that his bail that time was also $400K thus this is the same movie with different players. A LOT of people got ****ed during that time, a lot. He is this clown still out there? beats me.

10. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    *how is this clown out there

NGooding likes this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

He should be away for a long time now.

NGooding likes this.
  12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well up north in Oakland he may very well have been given swimming lessons in the bay with a small block Chevy tied to his ankle. A lot less tolerance in the Bay Area.