Concours Italiano 2024 | FerrariChat

Concours Italiano 2024

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Sergio Tavares, May 25, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    I got the email from the FOC and tried to get their discount when I attempted to Register. for 2024 concours Italiano.

1) My previous CI account no longer is available. Apparently these are new owners
    2) I try to register as Exhbitor but it keeps proceeding me to the SPECTATOR registraton area.
    3) I look and can not find what is included with Exhibitor registration and is Spectator correct one?
    4) Send an email and did not hear back

Has any other Exhibitor at CI completed registration and what do you get?

2. 456dreamer

456dreamer Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 19, 2021
    Aptos, CA
    Full Name:
    Menko
    I got the same email but already registered a while ago. so not sure if I still get the discount. My registration went flawless and I had not problem.

It is new ownership and they do have a pretty good new long term vision as to where they want to take the event.

Not sure what your questions is 'what do you get' but I did get a confirmation email with QR code and some other instructions.
    I know the new owner and think highly of them and I am sure they will get back to you pretty soon.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

dyerhaus likes this.
  3. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I sure hope it gets better! I have a number of friends who know the new owner, and they all also think highly of the new owner. My registration went through fine, but the registration process was rather clunky and not very well thought-out, and I was not appreciative of the additional charges they've tacked on. I don't know what the long term vision is for CI, but it feels to me like they're trying to make it a more "upscale" event and I really hope I'm wrong about that. I'm tired of people thinking because I drive a "fancy" car means I want to be surrounded by "fancy" things and wined and dined with caviar and Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Grand Cru. I have high hopes for it though, but this may be the last year I go if it's headed in the direction I think it is and they keep price-gauging.

Texas Forever and 456dreamer like this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, like most during Monterey Car Week in past 5-10 years, it is clearly marketed as "The preeminent Italian Lifestyle Event" . :rolleyes:

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well under the new owner evidently it is being reinvented. It has not been a very high quality event since they lost the use of QuailLodge. It has been in from bad to worse venues ever since and often not much energy put into it. I was looking up a number of Enzo Era vins over the last couple of weeks and was reminded in their histories how many great cars CI used to get.

6. 456dreamer

456dreamer Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 19, 2021
    Aptos, CA
    Full Name:
    Menko
    Agreed, value for money is key right? I am OK paying a bit more as long as you do get the quality and experience. The regular registration is significantly less then what it was last year so I take that as a good sign!

Exhibitor registration opens up on Monday from what I heard. Regular registration is open and discounted for FOC members, see your inbox!

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I agree and "The Quail" itself became the leading "Lifestyle Event" in its inception, but people continue to fall over each other to attend as spectators.
    Now, PB et.al. have followed the suit and stopped being about cars long ago.

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    To a great extent I agree.

9. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Agreed - I don't mind paying more if the value is there. What I don't like, and what makes it feel really "cheap" is tacking on "service fees" at checkout. Just build that into the price. Sadly, I've been registered for over a month now, and didn't get the FOC email until yesterday… so that doesn't do me much good!

And that's something I'd really wish they'd move away from. Not EVERY event needs to be full of champagne wishes and caviar dreams! The Quail, Pebble Beach, McCalls, Pasadera Club, and I'm sure many others already do that, we don't need more of those. We need some shows that are fun to attend, not so formal and stuffy.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I haven't been in many years. I remember when it was on the golf course. Talk about a sea of primary colors. Green grass, blue sky, dark green sea, red/blue/white/yellow cars. I always enjoyed it.

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Then I expect you will be disappointed. I understand the new owner is going much further in that direction. Maybe not this year as it it too close to make major changes but going forward look for big changes.

Texas Forever and dyerhaus like this.
  12. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Yep, that's my suspicion too, and likely will be disappointed.