C8 Z06 | Page 101 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I have a hard time with the current styling. I just can't seem to get there. Sometimes performance ain't everything. I could probably come to like the Z06 looks if I owned it. But for the money, I can do other things that I have yet to experience. I have had 7 vettes and loved them all. Trying to keep me with this design isn't working. I did everything you can do with a vette from driving cross country, daily driving (just short of 300k mi over 20yrs), driving school and then HPDE events. It worked fabulously as I am sure this one does too. For over $150k I got to have special that includes looks.

2. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    #2502 78bonanza, May 26, 2024
    Last edited: May 26, 2024
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I now have both a 2024 Z51 and 2023 Z06 . Just bought the Z06 with 350 miles on it . A great 360 is there with them in another garage , tuned, CS TCM , exhaust, etc.
    I bought the Corvettes knowing I’m only keeping one.I’m an NCRS member and brought a 1963 Corvette to a National Top flight . Have had two other Corvettes. Perspective . Been around sports cars for 60 years courtesy of my dad. Wrench on my own cars still . I’m 72 and in good health. Enough.
    I’ve driven the Z 250+. miles on all variety of roads . IMO the Z06 80% a track car. It is a potent weapon and a great success . When I went over the 500 mile limit it really hauls and still has tons torque. Tuff to accomplish with a flat plane but they did it . Congratulations to GM!
    The downside . Driving locals roads , as many have said, mag ride in Tour, is really rough , not enjoyable for me , but that’s exactly as largely track car should be !!!
    All the above causes me to appreciate what the engineers did with the Z51.…perhaps even more so. Streetable in Tour and amazing in Track mode.
    My “ take away” ….if you are thinking about a Z06 drive one first . Even if you had a C7 Z06. It’s a different animal . Know what your getting and go for it .

BJK, Wikdstrate, DIGMAN52 and 5 others like this.
  3. This is surprsing.

I had a chance to take a C8 Z06/07 from LA to San Diego, and found the ride as plush and comfortable as a 992 911 Turbo S. Maybe not as compliant as, say, a 720S, but far from anything close to "rough" or "not enjoyable" for me.

4. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Agreed if you are speaking of highways . Locals roads IMO the potential owner should experience a drive. I have no experience with the Porches you’ve mentioned .
    My observations as I state are my opinion and you have yours . It’s all good .
    I think this makes the point perfectly , drive one and make your own decision .

improviz likes this.
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    local roads everywhere are rough as hell.

Face76 likes this.
  6. improviz

improviz Rookie

Oct 7, 2023
    Full Name:
    Al Wright
    It definitely rides a good deal stiffer than the C8 Z51. We’ve got a lot of clay in the soil here and so in the city you do get bounced around when the road is choppy. But it’s not punishing. I keep tire pressure at 29 psi, which helps. For a car with its capabilities, the ride is actually pretty good, But the C8 Z51 had an unbelievably well sorted out ride, much smoother in touring mode. To me Z06 feels about like a C8Z51 in between sport and track mode.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I find my Z06 as comfortable as my C8 was. Track mode it’s more compliant. We all experience things differently.

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. improviz

improviz Rookie

Oct 7, 2023
    Full Name:
    Al Wright
    #2508 improviz, Jun 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    I assume you have very very smooth roads where you live. Consensus in a thread on this topic at mid engine Corvette form was more or less in line with my opinion. Here in north TX cities, the roads are choppy as hell in places thanks to tons of clay in the soil, and it definitely bounces me around more than the Stingray did in the three years I had it, though as I said it is not stiff to the point of being unpleasant. I drove it two blocks away from the dealership at which I traded in the dealership at which I picked it up before I noticed it.

On smoother road surfaces it’s fantastic, but unfortunately we don’t have these here In the city. But in the country where I go for drives, it’s much better as there the roads run smoother. The springs are definitely firmer: they are 30% firmer than on the Stingray and the Z07 package is even more so. So if you have smooth roads in your city, consider yourself very lucky. :)

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I live in Pittsburgh brotha the roads are horrendous :p

JV's89 likes this.
  10. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Reviews are coming in on the E Ray.
    Basically comparable but different track performance with a much smoother ride.
    Check the YouTubers .

11. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Aint that the truth.