Ferrari customer ranking | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari customer ranking

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by iloveferrari, Jan 5, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Yup
    You have to pay up extra to get to “neutral “

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I am sure your ranking reflects very directly on them.

But I do know what you mean. Sadly Ferrari is not terribly interested in your opinion of their franchises. They have closed popular and prosperous dealers for lack of hitting the right markers for Ferrari.

Marcel Massini and Texas Forever like this.
  3. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    I wonder if Ferrari includes any aspects of equity in their criteria/calculation (earnest question, not trolling, not being political) since they are trying to quantify their selectivity now.

Either way, I know how I felt when I saw I was being rated as an Uber passenger - can't imagine being a long-term Ferrari customer and discovering my rating. If anything, should maybe limit it to lifetime value (units & $) and have a second classification for high-visibility VIPs. Otherwise, can't imagine people will be any happier under this new system vs. the in-crowd system that existed prior

ryalex likes this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    They don’t care if someone drives the car.
    They want you to buy new and hold on to it for certain period.
    I kept buying and do track driving and road driving and then sell within 1-2 years. And my ranking constantly was getting downward.

So I changed my game to keep the car. Now I am getting upward.

Holding on the ownership and don’t sell for a while matters.

5. ChaosAD!

ChaosAD! Karting

Jul 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Shinas
    I was told by my dealer that there are 4 tiers.

Customer
    Important customer
    VIP

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

EnzoItaly, Nospinzone and NGooding like this.
  7. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ya, I’m on 3rd Ferrari and 19 years of servicing at my dealer and I’m ‘customer’ at best- I might not even be up to that yet.

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    +1, this is what the dealer is telling me as well.

9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Add one more to the bottom, prospect. I saw it on the screen myself, there are 5 ranks.

10. Two tiers.

1. I have fc*k you money
    2. I don't have fc*k you money

11. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I am sure that this tier system exists as well for McLaren, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Toyota, Hyundai...

True, my position with Ferrari Club of America does put me into the Important Customer/VIP realm, but at the same time, I also support the dealership.

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. Toyota?

What’s their ranking system?

Number of pocket protectors owned x the number of pairs of Dockers worn per week?

13. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Don't sell for a while meaning 5 years?

14. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I had 11 years of ownership, plus another 2 and Im still not even a customer.

15. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Basically I am maintaining over 2 years. However how long one has to has not been known to anyone.

16. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I am a VIP customer.
    Bu that's also with my delaer.
    I know with another deler I wouldn't be.
    In short, the relationship you have with your dealer matters.
    And dealers vary greatly in how they rate their customers.
    It's easier to be a VIP customer in a remote place vs a New York city.

plastique999 and NGooding like this.
  17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Incorrect. Ferrari has an internal database system called MODIS and your profile is formulated by their algorithm and follows you regardless of what location you’re local dealer is or how they view you as a client. Your client score is the same at any official Ferrari dealership in the world.

18. ChaosAD!

ChaosAD! Karting

Jul 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Shinas
    Interesting, thanks for letting me know!

19. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Yes, that is true.
    But from reading here, the requirement to get an allocation for certain cars seems to differ per dealer.
    I was never told by my dealer I needed to order a "Lusso, California, Roma, etc" to get certain cars unlike some members here.
    So there seems to a bit of, perhaps, dealer antics involved as well.

ryalex, iloveferrari and NGooding like this.
  20. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    I'm positive they have no idea who I am despite owning two and actually driving them (neither bought from a dealer).

But my wife. Bless her heart. In an effort to get me something for Christmas purchased me a frighteningly overpriced hoodie from the Ferrari store. I wonder where she ranks as she's now a consumer of the lifestyle brand. If I ever buy new I'll make sure to send her in to cut the deal.. Hope that sweatshirt carries some street cred.

Texas Forever, kestrou and NGooding like this.
  21. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Ferrari does maintain an extensive database. They also monitor social media quite closely.

My cars are all registered with Ferrari. Funny that when I aquired my 458 Italia it was automatically listed by the dealership into "My Garage" at Ferrari.com...

I have never enquired about a new allocation, but anytime I enter the dealership, I am treated with courtesy and respect. My e-mails are certainly also returned well within the day. Not looking for any validation, but I do support the dealership and promote their events as well.

22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have kept some of my ferraris for more than 25 years.....i dont think that cuts any ice either.

23. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    You have to buy new models to get the points.

Buy new models and keep them for a while will get you the points.

gzachary likes this.
  24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    0 chance of that happening

25. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’ve never heard one way or the other how long an ownership of a single car counts towards the algorithm, although I have been told if you buy a new one and flip it that damages your score and the dealership can get charged back plus lose allocation(s). Additionally Ferrari counts current ownership for certain allocations and not just that you owned a car at some point. Example: To get an SP3 allocation you had to currently own an SP1/2. I’m told a number of guys who got an SP1/2 allocation and later sold it sought out another one so that they’d qualify for the SP3.

I am certain you get points towards your client rank regardless of buying new or used so long as they are imputed into your profile. Typically dealers will enter your cars when they’re purchased new/used from a dealer but also when they are serviced at a dealership. Additionally if you participate in Ferrari events they will record your car for those events (and of course participating in the events such as shows, races, tours, or drivers events themselves all go towards your client score too). The other option to record your car in your profile is to use the Ferrari app or have your dealer enter the car manually if they haven’t done so due to it being bought elsewhere and never serviced in their shop, although you probably have to have a relationship with them to get that done.

Lastly as I have mentioned before specialty cars and race cars all are weighted differently (higher) than their normal version or street car counterparts. I’ve been told by both local level dealers as well as FNA executives that this is the case. Many collectors are padding their client rank and score with challenge cars and other competition examples. Of course when you participate in the series or club challenge with these cars and the reward is even greater. Ferrari supports the race cars and owners which I really love since it’s so much a part of their history and brand.

Texas Forever and NGooding like this.