FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2024 - Monaco....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2024 - Monaco....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, May 25, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Monaco should be off the calendar. The time has past for that street circuit. Max was some 2-3+ seconds/lap faster than Rus and could not get by. What a sleeper!

william likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, it's too narrow, the straights are too short, so no safe overtaking can take place, DRS or not.
    It must be so demotivating for someone who has a performing car, but a bad grid slot for whatever reason.
    As there is no mechanical attrition anymore (everything if computer managed), there is nothing to do but follow the car in front. It's time we stop calling Monaco a race, even less a Grand Prix. It's insulting.

3. 11506apollo

11506apollo F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Max, tell RBR to order ( not build.... order, because RBR does not build anything) a much smaller car....so you can squeeze by, and pass others.

4. 11506apollo

11506apollo F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    It takes inteligence and sensitivity , as shown by Peter Windsor, to recognize and appreciate what a great race this was.

ditpixs, Giallo 550 and Nembo1777 like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKK

stavura, Picchu88, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    PW was just a wind bag. I just about feel asleep him talking about a sleeper of a race. Monoco is a qualy challenge then a citizenship test to cleanly complete the parade laps cleanly. A "race" it is not.

I laughed at PWs comment on Rus tire management skill. Honestly...what skill? Rus drove to the teams computer derived laptime delta. In Olympic skating they used to have "figures" as part of the competition. It was like which skater had the best penmanship. Monaco is the "penmanship test" of F1.

william likes this.
  7. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    No thanks to ESPN on the replay. Women's college softball?

Fail.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I thought that was the case. The only passing that went on was the result of pit stops; I saw no passes on track among the top 10. And the futility was shown by the fact that Max caught up to Russell very quickly but never could find a way by, which was probably comforting to the first four runners. Truly the Grand Procession de Monaco. The only thing that made it worth watching was the satisfying result, and Charles should be congratulated for never putting a foot wrong in spite of the pressure in his mirrors.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I have'nt seen one.

crinoid likes this.
  11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The only other Monegasque to win his home Grand Prix was Louis Chiron, and that was in 1931, 93 years ago. Prince Albert looked delighted to be able to give the winner's trophy to one of his subjects, and Charles looked equally delighted to accept it. And I'm certain the brass band was happy to be able to play their own national anthem (followed, of course, by the Ferrari mechanics singing theirs!).

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think that Carlos Sainz and Fred Vasseur should take Sergio Perez and Kevin Magnussen to dinner, since without their little get-together, there is no way that Carlos could have finished third!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Seriously?

jjmalez likes this.
  14. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    No, it means that he already signed for one more year...! :rolleyes:

He was driving alright to get his contract renewed.

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe Monaco should just be some sort of time trial… 3 flying laps each or something. The way it stands now is a joke. Or build one off exhibition cars. 1000hp NA v10s I’m a car half the size and weight.

either way… this was an embarrassing race for F1. As far as Perez goes, I sorting changed my mind a bit when I saw it from behind and how he drifters way to the right and squeezed KMag. I don’t know. I’m just not impressed with Checo at all these days. And way to show the world the magic underneath the car… again. It’s time for him to go to a mid pack team and open the seat.

066/8 likes this.
  16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I've seen passing before, it's not our fault the regulations have made it
    a much harder place to pass.

Change the dumbass rules, put car size back to what they were 30 years ago,
    stop ANY tire 'mandates' or limits, stop the dumbass 'DRS' trash.

In theory, with all of your controls on a steering wheel it should be easier to pass,
    because back when there were actual shifters and a clutch (pedal) the races were better.

It's not our fault the FIA has really turned F1 into a manned video game.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Cars are way too big.
    This is the main problem to my opinion.
    Qualifying session Saturday is one of the most exciting moment during the season.
    How many absolutely boring races in Barcelona the last 15 years?
    Monaco should remain with some specifics adjustments maybe.

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Who cares ?
    Frankly bad luck was often on our side the last few years.
    I will take this one without any sense of guilt ;)

Temerian, USMCS6, stavura and 2 others like this.
  19. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador

I'd have to disagree. The reason Checo turned is because he was preparing to take the left hander ahead, like everyone else (see attached).
    Yes, he checked his mirror, but I'd think that he is not expecing Magnussen to press forward. What are the chances of overtaking there,
    specially if he's not even side to side to him. It's like when doing an overtake in 130R in Japan. You either commit (Magnussen) or you back off.
    He didn't and there was nowhere to go.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

kes7u and JWeiss like this.
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

But….but …. The Harbour the ‘glamour’ and George Lucas lol. :)

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Good win. Any team would be pleased

jpalmito likes this.
  22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Happy for a Shaarl win. But seriously, what a horrible track and race. There's been 1 overtaking i think...

DF1 likes this.
  23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This. Monaco has to stay as it’s the jewel in every sponsors crown, and as anyone who has done a sponsor event will know, they aren’t there to watch the sport, but to entertain their guests (with wine, food and glamour).

The track can’t be physically changed, so the only option is to make the cars smaller. Even that won’t make this a classic race, but it would at least allow a few overtakes. Today’s cars are absolute monsters - and all in the name of green washing. Shame.

24. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Monaco is iconic and Historical- despite the stupid "chicane" coming out of the tunnel the morons set up it is up there with Monza and Spa

Whisky likes this.