The Purosangue Thread | Page 317 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Apparently the only people who were able to get allocations for the V-12 Puro are people who dealers consider to be “VIP” customers, whatever that means. I’m sure your dealer can tell you more.

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That's pretty much how my 812 runs in the quarter so the exhaust doesn't help with performance but sounds incredible. The Puro doesn't sound that good but it beats the other two for sure. I don't run the quarter very often but I start the car a lot and it sounds so good when being started that I would rather have that than a few tenths in the quarter mile.

dhlnb, elmadi and dustman like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same.
    How’s the 707 treating you ?

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I really like it. It's definitely muted like the Puro and the new 12 Cylindri. I am sure it falls under reduced noise output requirements as well. However, if I drive it in Sport+ it automatically opens the exhaust valves and turns off the auto on off nonsense plus putting it in the most aggressive power map. It's really hitting the spot for me because I don't feel like I am losing much in performance but I get to drive it everywhere. I think the Puro will be a more expensive but better handling version when I eventually get it.

elmadi likes this.
  5. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    In the end this wasn't true (it was for initial allocations). My dealer sent an email blast a few months ago offering allocations to anyone, first come, first serve. I was told it would be 2026/2027 delivery. Either Ferrari opened the order books back up or several customers backed out and restrictions were dropped on who they could allocate to.

danielinCO2 likes this.
  6. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
  7. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Ferrari opened the books up again after the first two years of buyers were identified.

8. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Yes they did open up again but with higher MSRP for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You might want to check if this is for the V-12. My dealer explained to me that the initial allocations (VIP status) were for the V-12 version only. He said that follow-on allocations would be for a V-6 or V-8 hybrid version. I’m not sure that info is completely accurate, but it’s what I was told.

elmadi and 9nb like this.
  10. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

I was told the same thing.

11. popsmuf

popsmuf Karting

Jun 20, 2006
    SoCal
    So does that mean no more v12 production for the Puro and all variations going forward will be v6 and v8?

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  13. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Allegedly, that is the plan. However, Ferrari has never explicitly said as much and dealers cannot confirm that intent. My dealership “believes” it is likely the platform will move to a power plant other than the V12 going forward.

14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I got my allocation last summer and I was told 2027 and V-12 if that's not true then I will get my deposit back. I would just keep my DBX707 if the Puro they think I want to build is not a V-12. For me there is no interest in Puro without the V-12. I am happy enough with the DBX to just get my deposit back now if I find out my build won't be a V12.

15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Hard for me to imagine buying a Purosangue without a V12 …

16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Hard for them to justify the price tag without it. That's the primary attraction for me.

danielinCO2 and Bundy like this.
  17. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It'll be interesting to see the price difference for something other than a V12 powerplant. The base price of a 296 GTB is around $160K UDS less than the 12 C Coupe. So, will there be a corresponding difference between a PS V12 versus a V6 Hybrid? A hybrid model will add significant weight to a car that already weighs a lot.

wrs likes this.
  18. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    It was for the V12. I specifically confirmed that...and dealer specifically confirmed it was still the same $30k deposit as for initial allocations. :)

It's interesting as it seems like Ferrari is handling the Puro similar to how they handle V12 sports cars (F12, 812, 12c, etc.) in that initial couple years of builds go to VIPs but in the end anyone who wants one can get one. It will just be years out for delivery and well past any potential resale gain (more likely you are paying more to get a new one at that point than buying a resale from dealer).

wrs and Divexxtreme like this.
  19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m expecting mine to come up 2025-2026. No V12, No Puro…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

wrs and 812DTW like this.
  20. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Same here. I love the Puro, but if it didn't have a V12, I'd probably choose a less expensive 707 or Urus Perf.

elmadi, wrs and Andynyc like this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Reminds me of the late 1980's Jaguar XJ220 that had a V12 at the introduction. Jaguar collected lots of £50,000 deposits!!! back when the pound was worth something. When the deliveries finally started four years later the Jaguar had ONLY 6 cylinders to play with...

Marcel Massini likes this.
  22. 812DTW

812DTW Karting

May 16, 2020
    My wife has the 707 now. We love it.

if I was told my PS was non v12, I’d walk away and start looking for a nice v12 lusso and save the spare change

wrs likes this.
  23. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    F12JAJ, Fortis and F1RST like this.