Trip planning help, Central BC | FerrariChat

Trip planning help, Central BC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Brianjonesphoto, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    My fiancé and I will be honeymooning in BC in late April. We'll be crossing the border at Oroville/Osoyoos. The first night we will be staying in Penticton. The next day we will be heading to Harrison Hotsprings for the night. Then heading home via Abbotsford the fallowing day.

I was hoping you could point out a good route to take. We will be driving the Alfa and I'm always looking for fun drives were I can get a chance to open her up a bit and have some fun (the car not the wife :) )

Thanks

PS where can I get more info on the Fatherday Car show in Vancouver?

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Brian,
    Peter Rychel can help you with your trip planning. All I can suggest is to be sure that you both have your passports or birth certificates with you. Not required, but makes the border crossing (each direction) much faster and more pleasant.

Email me directly, and I can give you details on the Italian Car Show in North Van. I am organizing the Seattle Ferrari Club members going up, and you are welcome to tag along on the drive up, as do guys from the Maserati Club.

[email protected]

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    From Penticton, head south along the 97, turn off onto 3A heading to Keremeos. Then from there you'll go onto the 3 - "Crow's Nest" Hwy. Two lane highway (one lane each direction, with passing lanes here-and-there), nice and scenic. It'll go all the way to Hope and from there you may make your way to Harrison. Its not a fast way to go, but nice and twisty.

Try to take in some wine-tours along the 97 heading up from Osoyoos when you're going up to Penticton at the beginning of your trip.

Dave's your source for the details about the North Van show. Have you ever heard from Lucio, the prez for the B.C. Alfa club?

4. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Thanks Peter. Yes I have heard from Lucio and he put me on the club mailing list.

Who's the best person to talk to about organising a dinner with the BC alfa club the night before the North Van show? Hopefully I can get a group of 10 or so Alfisti to come up and enjoy the show.

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Ooooo, the Ferrari clubs have the dinner the night before too. Maybe you folks may join us? Best to discuss this with the club leaders...

6. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I should've said that Lucio would be the person to discuss this with for organising it. As for Alfa guys joining the Ferrari guys, maybe that can be done as well...

7. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    I personaly would love to have the hole event be a joint venture, but I don't know how it would be recieved by either of the clubs. I think everyone gets along well, but I don't know what the dynamic a a large dinner would be. I'll keep you informed.

If I can't get anyone from the NWARC to commit to the event I'll go with the Ferrari club for sure.

Thanks for the info Peter.

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    #8 Peter, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought about it as well and it probably wouldn't happen (Alfa and F club joint dinner). As it is, our F club dinner is kind-of max'ed out, at our usual venue, The Brock House... We had something like 20 - 30 Ferraris parked on their front lawn (see pic below)!

But I do know that the Alfa club up here does nothing on the evening before the show, so it is possible that you can arrange something. I will try to convince Lucio to have this. Who is and what is their contact info for the prez/director of your Alfa club? I can pass this info along to him...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login