Affirmations | FerrariChat

Affirmations

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Uberpower, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Hi all,

I am a big believer in positive self-affirmation. What are some of your favorite affirmations?

Here is my favorite:
    ----

Man is made or unmade by himself. In the armory of thought, he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy, strength and peace.

By the right choice and true application of thought, man ascends to divine perfection. By the abuse and wrong application of thought, man descends below the level of the beast. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character, and man is their maker and master.

Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul, none is more gladdening or fruitful of divine providance and confidence than this:

Man is the molder of thought, the master of character and the maker and shaper of condition, environment and destiny!

----

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    In other words; The world is against you, fight harder than the rest.

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    #3 Uberpower, Mar 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    here is mine:

5. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    not to be the resident cynic, but do people really take these things seroiusly? In my mind, you either want to do something ,and so you get it done; or, you don't want to, and you let it linger into apathy. i don't see how affirmations, not matter how poigniant, are really going to get someone off their ass if they're affirmed in the notion of sitting on it. then again, i'm not much into "self-help" books either.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mine is pretty much along the lines of: "Keep working if you like to eat."

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If you need motivational posters to inspire you, maybe you need to rethink your priorities. Like what does a person standing on top of a snowy peak looking off into the distace have anything to do with motivation?
    Vince Lombardi quotes are acceptable though, because they are all true, and relate to real life.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Plenty of poeple looked to Vince Lombardi for motivation. Think about THAT.

DL

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I always liked this one, very simple;

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

I'd like to be buried Indian-style, where they put you up on a high rack, above the ground. That way, you could get hit by meteorites and not even feel it.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

11. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I tend to agree with this statement myself.

^ That dog knows the Theory of Everything, but those scientists just don't believe him.