[HOU] tropical storm allison - part deux??? | FerrariChat

[HOU] tropical storm allison - part deux???

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ty (360mode), Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    holy crap - nightmares of allison flooding back...

hope everyone (and their cars) are ok. took me 1.5 hours to drive 2 miles home. had to pull into a nice lady's elevated driveway as the water became just too deep. i feel pretty lucky as w/n 30-45 minutes of me pulling into her driveway a car parked in the street in front of her house went from being about mid-wheel level deep to water over the hood.

i think some of the suburb areas of houston got hit much worse than the west u area.

don't think the rain is over so everyone be careful and get those fcars up to higher ground :)

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    What a day & it's not over yet! A tornado touched down about half a mile from my office. Crap was flying all over the place, we had our power knocked out & the back up gernerators ran for about 15 minutes. I was flooded out of my office until some work crew can patch a bad leak, I'm shifting from desk to desk until I can get it fixed. ( It's going to be a while) It was amazing to see that during the storm, Houstonions just drive faster on the beltway, WTF???? HA! Wasn't long until someone phucked up the traffic flow to slow everyones day down. Go figure.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    BTW TY,

Keep that 360 dry.

4. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i saw some of that damage down there on the news. i had no idea it was suppose to be this bad.

360 is safe - i learned my lesson w/ the 355 and allison, still miss that car :(

oh yeah, finally found a good beater. 1996 jeep cherokee, 65k miles, one owner, exactly what i was looking for. thanks again for taking time to look for me... sincerely appreciate it!

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The morons that run the City of Houston do not care about our problems.

Can we build a hockey stadium. We have taken care of all the other
    sports organizations. It is more important to take care of the sports
    problems than the persistent flooding problem.

Lord knows the consistent losing teams of Houston need all our financial
    and municipal help. Who cares about leaving pre-schoolers in a private day care until 8:30PM ? Its no big deal if they close the roads and
    let them rot from 2:30PM until 8:30PM. Lets build another new stadium. Lets vote on another stadium proposal.

6. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    ralf - don't forget to throw in that moronic light rail.

7. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Was driving my Corvette yesterday and had no idea even the highways can flood here! My car got caught in a big !ss puddle! Car died, but I fired it up and it made it out. Car ran funny for a while and then settled down. I gotta see if the thing starts today! I have a plane to catch to California, where the weather is nice and sunny.

Cheers

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My boss was worried about my Ferrari going home, but I told him the flat bottom of my 308 worked like a skim board at the beach.

Safety in velocity!

9. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ty, quit being such a beeeotch! Everytime your car floods you make money. Personally, living in Houston this past wee would have solved some issues of mine. Anyway, hopefully I will be there permanently in a few months.

10. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Hey you just need to carry one of those 2 HP electric outboards. Hey the english did it why not a Ferrari