I am in trouble... | FerrariChat

I am in trouble...

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 360 Spyder, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    BIG trouble...Here's the story,

So I post the pics of a day at the dealership and lots of people see them. One person in particular gets interested in the "twin 355's" pic I took. (A Black/Tan '95 GTS beside a '96 Black/Black GTS) So this guy is interested in the possibility of purchasing one of them. I volunteer to go back and take more pics concentrating on those two in particular - since I was going to go soon anyway. The guy says that would be great and kind of me to do. Cool...I'll do it.
    Okay, here is where it starts to get bad. He calls the dealership and speaks with a salesman and discovers through their conversation that he is not as interested in the Black/Tan '95 due to some things. Anyway, I also called the dealership to arrange a viewing of both 355's in place of this guy. No problem I am told.
    So, I get there and both cars are just coming out of the wash bay after being detailed and prepared. (Now is where the trouble begins...) The salesman jumps into the drivers seat and tells me to hop in. He wants me to hear each car so I can tell this guy how they sound and feel. Me get in and go for a ride?!?! HELL YEAH!!!!!! I FINALLY RODE IN A FERRARI!!!! Now I am even more addicted than before! God that car was awesome! Both of them!! I am sooo in trouble because I thought just lusting after one for a while and working hard would get me one. Now I want it TODAY!!! I can't wait!! I will own a Ferrari!!!

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Come down to Huntsville -- I'll let you DRIVE one.

Mike

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool post, you guys rock. we need more stuff like this on the board, people helping each other!!! michael

4. khughes

khughes Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    come to winston salem and i'll let you drive mine..............if the weather is nice.

5. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    SWEET! Huntsville (AL right?) is about 10 hours away and Winston is about 2 hours! :D

The pics I took and two short videos have been uploaded at this link...
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287415073

Yeah the videos are a little shaky, but I did not have my mount and did the best I could with what I had.

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Thanks for the video/pictures. Why don't you buy one of them hahaha. Taking a ride will not help things in any way, it just makes you want it even more. You are better off drooling =)

7. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Rob,

Next time you travel to GSO, give me a call and make a stop in Graham (exit 145) and we'll take a drive in my 348. Also, keep 1-2 May open for FCA SE Region track days at VIR.

Bob
    [email protected]

8. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    1 & 2 May, Saturday & Sunday at VIR...got it! I will be there with camera in hand. :D

I have had so many people tell me about VIR, but could never find any info on when's or where's of it. I also just recently found out that it is only about 45 min +/- (depending on who's driving) away from my house. I will get there this season. Several times if I have my way. ;)

9. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    http://www.virclub.com is their web site.

Glad to hear about the FCA SE Region track days at VIR in May. I'm going to make plans to be there.

10. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the link! Now I can make my schedules...

11. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    FCA SE track days at VIR: open to the public? I live fairly close to VIR but I don't (yet) own a Ferrari.

12. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Keep an eye on the FCA's SE Region calendar for other events.

www.fca-se.com

By the way, Bob Snow (see the message above about Graham NC) is now our North Carolina Chapter chairman for FCA. Let him know what kind of events you'd like to see locally!

13. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    #13 zach_300zxTT, Apr 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I live in Clemmons (about 10 miles outside of W-S). What kind of Ferrari do you have? I've seen a red 360 Spider, a yellow 360 Spider, and a red 308. Maybe I've seen you driving it around.

I would ask to come drive your Ferrari...but I'm only 16 and I know that would make you nervous. But, if you'll let me drive..I'd be happy to come over...even a simple ride would be nice :)

On the other hand, I'll just have to stick to my 5-spd 300zx Twin Turbo...until I can afford a Ferrari of my own (I'm aiming to have one before my Senior year). The 300zx TT is really fast and awesome to drive (especially on Summer days with the T-tops out :)...there's nothing to describe it). I like my 300zx so much, it's hard to imagine how much I would love a Ferrari!

Anyway, I was just wondering what kind of Ferrari you have. It would be cool to know that I've seen a fellow Ferrari enthusiast on the streets :)

PS: Here are a couple pictures of my 300zx. More pictures are available at my website. http://www.300zxTwinTurbo.com Please write something on the Forum and let me know what you think about the site.

Thanks!!
    -Zach Lindsey
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mike, KHughes, Bob, you fellas are A+ folks...

360 Spyder, congrats on getting a ride; they're truly awesome machines - wait until you DRIVE one...! The feeling is indescribeable...