355 Speedometer Problem | FerrariChat

355 Speedometer Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tonyc, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Hello All,
    My 99 F355 Speedometer read 10 mph when I am not moving. Is this a
    do it yourself fix, or do I need to add this to my list of things for the Ferrari dealership visit? Thanks in advance for any advice!
    --tony

2. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    There is nothing wrong with your speedometer. The needle rest on a pin which is at the 10 MPH position.

3. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Oh you are right!, I just used a flash light and I see it now. All the nagging little problems are driving me nuts, now I am seeing problems when they are not really there! Thanks, I guess I can go back to looking for answers about the other stuff before I ask here.

I do not understand why they would put the pin at 10, and not 0. Well, I lived in Italy for many years so maybe I should be more understanding..... thanks again! --tony

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thats why they look like they are going fast when they are standing still.
    ;)

5. Speaking of nagging problems. Does anyone else with an F355 have what appears to be rust bubbles on the small triangle shape thingy near he back of the windows?

6. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Damn, I just checked mine and both have little black bubbles around them. If you get any private messages on a solution, please post them,
    thanks!
    --tony