License plate screws for U.S. 328? | FerrariChat

License plate screws for U.S. 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Gatorrari, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This may seem like a silly question, but it isn't. Now that I'm about to go out and get my 328 registered, the problem is that the car came without any license plate fasteners, and the ones I've found in regular auto parts stores don't fit.

The upper two attachment points are just plain square holes in the bodywork; no grommets. The grommets I've seen on sale are all too big for the holes. I can get access to these holes on the backside by reaching behind the trunk lining.

The lower two points have white plastic grommets in them, but they seem to be threaded for small screws.

I put a call in to Ferrari of Atlanta, and they should call me tomorrow. But does anyone have any knowledge about this?

(And no, this is not an April Fool's post!)

2. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    #2 carlrose, Apr 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi JimPern,

The OEM screws are small black "thread cutting" style part #15649308. Dimensions are L 0.475" head (phillips) width 0.315" thread diameter 0.165" black oxidie finish...about the size of a #8 screw. Ferrari UK stocks for about 50 cents/each. Here's a mediocre picture:

Glad I'm not the only one so determined!

:) Carl
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    Carl is of course correct. But dont foget the plastic grommetts that you insert thru the back (inside the trunk lining) also avail at Ferrari UK for about 10 cents each

Dan