360 Data Acquisition | FerrariChat

360 Data Acquisition

Discussion in '360/430' started by WCH, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Started this on the old Board - asked whether basic data (throttle position, steering wheel position, lat gs, long gs, temps, etc) could be downloaded from the 360 series cars, in particular the Challenge cars - sufficient to draw a track map and monitor temps, for example. TimG replied that this could be done, and I wanted to ask whether anyone has done this? Does Ferrari sell software and cables, or do you need the SD2? Thanks, Will

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    DL20 datalogger. its been done. do a google search the company will pop-up

WCH likes this.
  3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Thanks!

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    interested in hearing more.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Likewise... is anyone using a DL20 or a DL90 for data acquisition with a 360? What data are you able to record? What analyses have you found most useful?

6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Will,

In referrence to our previsous discussion on the old board about your oversteer problems and loosening your front lug bolts to eliminate the oversteer.

I may have given you a "half-measure". Just take the bolts off completely and that should solve the oversteer problem (and my keeping up problem as well) .

All kidding aside, I'll be interested to see you logging system and how much setup info you can get from the car.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Jon - always appreciate your help, but next time I think I'm going to try my idea of carrying huge entry speed to really get the aero working.

Any more news on the new car? [Edit - just checked the flatout website, your 2004 plans sound great, car sounds great, I'm jealous.]

Brian - I did the suggested google search and found the DL 90, was going to contact the manufacturer to see if they had any experience with this application. I probably should contact FoW first to see what they suggest, feel like I'm going to be reinventing a wheel that doesn't need to be reinvented.

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Not a 360 application here, but we've used the DL90 on a supercharged S2000 track car (stripped, gutted, approx. 2350#'s). works rather well. we didn't have throttle positions hooked up, but you can see all the g's, track map, lines that you took, etc. It is quite a useful tool to learn from and to see how you can improve by studying the lines and the way you are moving along the track. Definately worth the investment if it will plug in easily in the 360. Only downside - the DL90 is linked via serial connection, so the downloads are awfully slow. The ohter bit is the GPS receiver which we placed up on the hood, strung from underneath. Works well and will cause minimal drag. It will fit in your palm to a little larger if memory serves correctly.