Anyone familiar with emachineshop? | FerrariChat

Anyone familiar with emachineshop?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GrigioGuy, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    No affiliation, etc.

http://emachineshop.com/index.html

I'm not familiar enough with machine shops to know if this is real or smoke&mirrors. Has anyone actually used their part design/production services?

2. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    okay where to start?
    background: my dad is a retired tool & die maker so i have spent alot of time around machine shops and have a nice set up at home.
    Cad Cam softeware is what 90% of the industry uses, however i see a few problems with this particular site, who does quality control? how do you if your not an engineer know what your stress limits are? 3&4 axis milling machines require operators that cost ALOT of money. designing the part is only half the equation it still has to be input to the mill so the mill knows what tool to use and where to start/stop.

is this possible? yes. is this site legit? I have no idea, but i do know having a part made is time consuming and costly. there is alot more involved then most would assume. R&D is what drives cost along with mfg.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Thanks for the insight. The service was brought up on another board, and I was curious.