Need some help. | FerrariChat

Need some help.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Hubert, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I started the talent thread a little ways back becuase I've been on the fence about wheather or not I should pursue what's been a life long passion, but a recent bit of news has turned that around. I'm off the fence.

Just a few days ago, I recieved an email from a major manufacture that's looking to build up a U.S. open - wheel feeder series. It will be an opener race for the CART series in N. America, and possibly the USGP.
    In the email they outlined a driver program/liscensing course that is to take place in Europe in early January , '04. There are only 21 slots open, and the drivers may only be 16-23 years of age.
    I'm 23 now, so this is my last shot.

Succesful completion of the course grants me my FIA Group C licsense, and I'm eligble, to drive anything with the exception of an F3, F3000 and F1 car (if I can get the money).

This leads me to my outreach for help.

Out of the 21 that will attend, 6 will inherit a $40,000 sponsorship to be put toward a season of racing here, in the U.S. , but to get to Europe I need to come up with $3,500 on my own.

I'm not a rich kid, and I don't have a family to back me up. So, I'm looking for ideas from all of you willing to help, on how I can get $3,500 together before the 12th of December (the deadline for my entry, and the money).

I'm already trying to sell things I don't really "need" or maybe can live without, but I'm still short. I can offer anyone willing to help, the promise of a return if I can make something happen. Even if I do not get the $40k sponsorship, I will work my ass off to get into some form of racing either here in the U.S., or, if possible, abroad.

I hate to come at all of you like this, but I've got no choice but to excercise all the options possible to get me into this opportunity.

If any of you have got ideas, or businesses willing to help, or anything I would be eternally grateful. (If I get into the series, I'll be sure to get my sponsors out for VIP treatment).

I know I've been vague on the details, but I don't want to jinx this before it happens. All of you who decide to become involved, will, of course, get all the details.

Respectfully,
    Hubert Otlik