FCA X-mas party on Sunday | FerrariChat

FCA X-mas party on Sunday

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just a quick reminder for everybody, that FCA's X-mas party will be coming up next Sunday, December 7.

It will be at the same place as last year, which is Grazie's in Oakton.

If you're interested, give Mike Epifanio a call (847-823 2149).

So far he hasn't heard from the FChat guys. If you reserve ahead of the event, you save yourself some cash. Also I will be there and sell the calendars.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I cannot make that one. Family commitments. But,will be at the Charlie Fox party on the 13th.,for sure. If I can get my calenders from you then,that would be great. Also,I'll bring the watchamacallit,and the Fiero/Ferrari video,too.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas-

A number of us won't be attending the event. What you'll get for your money isn't worth it!

The 'Heirarchy' of our club will get their just ado's; just as the organizer of the event last year got his. NO COST TO HIM OR HIS FAMILY; as I understand.

For $25 bucks, you can get a brunch, much better deal at Lake Lawn.

I'm beginning to wonder again, if membership in the FCA Central States is really worth the fees; about $135.00 now.

Seems to me, that our little group that gets together on an an informal basis. has a lot more fun than 'Club Events".

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Whoa! Some big statements in such a tiny thread...
    :)

Without starting a huge discussion here, I think the membership is well worth it. I enjoy attending the FCA events in general and got a big kick out of some in particular. Best deal IMHO was FCA's support at the USGP. Being able to have secluded parking in and outside the stadium was the prerequisite for me to even go there with my Ferrari.

And sometimes in life you get lucky and get something great for free. Like FChat or our own group. But that doesn't mean to me that I don't appreciate the efforts of the club and am willing to pay for it. To me both groups/clubs are complimentary, not competing.

OTOH my FOC membership will probably expire without renewal. Not much use for that in the Midwest.

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Don't get me wrong, I also appreciate the efforts of the club.

There are just a few 'nit-picky' things I take issue with.

Mike E. does a great job running our region, whch I know is a very difficult job. My accolades go out to him!

6. NoWives

NoWives Rookie

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, Il.
    Excuse me,Mr. Darolls, this is America and no one has you hand-cuffed to your FCA membership card! If you're not happy, it's okay to leave. We'll miss you.
    Personally,I think this is the best deal on the planet, considering all the events you have access to. Have you looked at the club magazine-- it alone is worth the $135.00.

I've been to a lot of the events over the years and basically they cost nothing. The Director, Mike, always has a huge food and drink event that he personally foots the bill for and it's FREE to whomever shows up.

I also note you blast the "heirarcy". What do they do -- just sit around drinking latte' or are they out there busting their butts to get these events going and give us something to do with these great cars.

I would assume you have a Rolls ( and possibly some type of Ferrari ) and it's difficult to fathom how a measly 135 bucks could hurt your bottom line. (And please spare us the: "...it's not about the money..." argument, okay.)

As I've said , this is America and we do have choices and mine is to support THIS club -- the FCA !!! ( now fade to a visual of our flag with the Star-spangled Banner playing softly in the backround....)

If I may borrow a line from the good ole' boys at NASCAR, (please add a Southern drawl) " If 'in you kain't run with the big dawgs -- then yawll better set up on the porch. "

7. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I am running a cross country race and have other family commitments. I hope the brunch goes well.
    Philip

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Whoa, I never expected such a caustic reply!

As acerbic as you are, I will say that I do have ligitimate issues with the club, and it ain't about money.

You're right, I do have many cars, including a Roller or more, and a number of F-cars and others.

I find your post rather jaundiced, and am appalled that you don't reveal who you are. It appears that you've made 2 posts to 'Chat'........Everyone knows who I am, so ........who are you??

Reply to me privately if you wish, but show your face!

If you really want to know about the 'heiracy', as you put it, I'll be happy to give you my phone #, and we can discuss the issue privately.

I don't hide myself behind a veil secrecy, my email address is [email protected]

So email me, I'll give you my number, and we can discuss this privately.

I have no desire to talk about anyone in a public forum.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sheesh, you guys use adjectives I've never heard of. Gotta get my Webster up.

At least now I know what Darolls means. And I always thought it was the name of your dream woman. No! It's Chicagoan for Rolls Royce.
    :)

DA Bears!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sean,

are we going to see the 2003 DVD from you?

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    "At least now I know what Darolls means. And I always thought it was the name of your dream woman. No! It's Chicagoan for Rolls Royce."

Andreas-

You've got it! :)

I put that plate on the car, to downplay what many people perceive, or stereotype, a Roller driver to be.

What anyone owns, or has, is no big deal in my eyes.

What makes a person important, is what's inside of them! Not what conveys them, nor what their domicile is, nor not what their position in the realm of social acceptance may be (read, power and affluence)............sheesh, I think I'm starting to go off on a tangent again!!!!!

Anyhow, I've had a lot of positive comments from strangers about the 'Tag'.

I think it makes me seem less 'Hoity-Toity'.

By the way, does anyone know who 'NoWives' is, he hasn't responded to my previous post???

12. NoWives

NoWives Rookie

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, Il.
    Mr. Darolls: I'll be civil. I was content to quietly enjoy the F-chat and then you opened a door and threw out some statements that were out of line and you are now surprised to be questioned on them.

You said that you "have no desire to talk about anyone in a public forum" but that is exactly what you have done-- you have taken a shot at the FCA and their "heirarcy". That ain't right and I'm letting you know. I'ts just that simple.

As to your question as to who I am -- that is not important. I'm not hiding, I do not want your e-mail address, nor do I need your phone number and I don't think we are going out to have a beer any time soon.

But I will tell you what I am: I am very serious about the club.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    NoWifes (couldn't you find a less offensive name btw?), I'm serious about FCA myself and disagree with some of Skip's statements below and indicated so. But I have to say you are hiding. Not giving your name or anything else and this being one of your first posts, it does like shall we say strange.

14. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    So now everyone is getting along so, err, nicely, who's going to come to the track event in May?

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well I already declined due to being out of town/state/country/continent.

BTW: Do you know/realize that FMV is running their Gingerman event just two weeks ahead of you?

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Can somebody please post directions to Grazie?

My GPS aint' working yet. So have to do it the old fashion way.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    My.....you Are an intractable one!

By 'hierarchy', I'm not speaking of any one individual. Nor, am I knocking any individual.

I know all of the people on the Board personally, and they are all doing a great job!

How do I know them? I was a member of the Board myself.....and some of the people I consider close friends.

So, I'm not taking a "shot" at anyone or anything!

To put it simply, there were just some decisions that were made that I disagree with. It's as simple as that!!

As far as us not getting together and having a beer anytime soon, you're probably right......but I'd have a vodka and 7Up with ya, as it's my drink of choice.:)

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas-

Take I90 west.

Take the IL-72 exit toward LEE STREET.

Turn RIGHT onto W HIGGINS RD/ IL-72.

Turn Right onto LEE STREET

Turn LEFT onto US-45/ MANNHEIM RD/ US-12. Continue to follow US-45/ MANNHEIM RD.

Turn LEFT onto E OAKTON ST.

Grazie is at 1050 E. Oakton in Des Plaines. Phone #847-299-0011

19. NoWives

NoWives Rookie

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, Il.
    Andreas: I'ts actually " NoWives " and believe me I've paid the legal community well to earn that name. I'll come clean-- I'm Jimmy Hoffa and I'm back! And I'm not really hiding. I think the better term to use would be: STALKING.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    HeeHee! NoWives,I DEFINITELY hear you on that one! (paid alot to the Legal Community to become that way) I sure as Hell did,too! And,I'm not really happy with Divorce attorneys. But,I guess that I didn't learn my lesson the first time,and I went and DID IT AGAIN!!!! But,this time,wife #2 knows just how big,vast and desolate the Arizona desert is,and she knows about all of the Bullsh*t that I went through with wife #1. I don't think that she'll EVER give me any problems! :)

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I wonder if Divorce attorneys are also aware of how big,vast and desolate the Arizona desert is?..... They must,or it would be full of them by now!!!! :) I can see the Buzzards circling now!

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I know what you mean, I've been married and divorced twice (by the way, both divorces were my doing, so don't say they wanted to get rid of me. And it's not something I'm proud of, as you seem to be)!

So, now that we're all on a personal and friendly basis, Mr. NoWives, reveal yourself!

Our little group doesn't like 'Apparitions' (hmmm...that's what most RRs were named after; Silver Cloud, Silver Ghost, Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit....etc. etc.)

Soooo......unless I know who I'm posting to; I won't post to that person.

NoWives, what are you afraid of......do we know you?

I think you may just be 'Trolling'!

23. NoWives

NoWives Rookie

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, Il.
    I did'nt know you were the leader of this "little group" ( Do they know it? They look to be free agents to me.)

I'm not afraid -- I just enjoy the anomyity. And if you don't post to me -- I won't be upset.

I'm not exactly sure what "trolling" is, but I do always carry a condom.

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name: