Robert Moses State Park Breakfast Club | FerrariChat

Robert Moses State Park Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by tuttebenne, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Okay, so maybe 10:30 is a little late for breakfast.

To Barney, Greg, Dave, Ed, Jimmy (who am I missing?)
    Just wanted to wish you and your families a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Should you need your cars warmed up if you'll be away, just let me know. I'll pay for the gas ;)

Andy

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Andy and the roadrunners(hey, that sounds like a band). Happy Thanksgiving. See you Sunday?

3. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Thanks Andy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the crew also! If the weather is good I'll be there Sunday. I was even thinking of an early drive tomorrow if anyone is around. We need to rally a couple of the other local guys to join us also.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I have been off Long Island for 10 years and the only thinig I miss is driving on the Jones Beach causeway! A breakfast club sounds like fun.

5. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    Andy,

Thanks! I wish you and all of our "club" and your families a very very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! Si Benedica!! ( a loose Sicilian translation - "God be with you")

I have the unfortunate circumstance of having to have to work this afternoon. However, I am off tomorrow so Sue is cooking for my family tomorrow. We even taped the parade this morning so we can play it tomorrow. Anyway, I should be there Sunday and tomorrow is not out of the qestion - if it is early.

Ed,
    I spoke to George. A VERY knowledgeable guy who was very helpful. I'll tell you more when I see you.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    A breakfast club...? Awesome...! i hope to see some nice stuff on the road on Sunday, then... i'll be watching you... :)

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    DES,

If you can make it down to the Captree Boat Basin on a sunny Sunday you'll get to see some interesting cars. During the off season they don't charge a fee to get in. If you can get there between 10:00 - 10:30 our breakfast club members and their friends come down when they can. So far I think we've been either there or at the OBI five times since the middle of October. Along with us there have been other Ferraris as well.

Ownership is optional, enthusiasm is required. Maybe we'll see you down there one weekend.

Andy

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Hey Andy, I was late getting there last Sunday. Went out with the TVR guys for a blast on the North Shore of LI. We then showed up about 1-1:30. Hope to be there this Sunday. I would imagine it was quite full, the weather was considerably better than predicted.

9. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Hey Dave, Andy and I were the only ones from our group to go on Sunday. The overall turnout wasn't very good either. I think the early clouds scared everyone away. I called your cellphone around 11 to see if you were coming but it went right to voicemail, so I didn't bother. Andy drove his Benz down. A really cool car, similar to one my dad had when I was a kid. If you look in his profile picture you can see it in the background. ANyway... hopefully the weather continues to cooperate so we can keep driving. Talk to you later.... Ed

10. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Anyone going tomorrow?

11. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Yes, with my snow dogs and sled

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I was hoping we could make it til Jan 1st w/o snow. I hope this was 03's last gasp, can't wait for this year to end, there was way too much snow, rain and cold.

13. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Where are you guys? I have my shields on the Jeep... Looking good!! Oh well.... Dave's right, it was fun while it lasted.