Any1 ever buy from www.bluefly.com? Is it legit? | FerrariChat

Any1 ever buy from www.bluefly.com? Is it legit?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ttforcefed, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Bottom of page:

©1998-2003, BLUEFLY, INC. | BLUEFLY (BFLY) IS A NASDAQ SMALLCAP COMPANY.

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    interesting, didnt see that...i'm going to test it out and get some stuff.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    they're legit, though i've never bought anything from them. they were actually quite a big deal when they initially launched just as the bubble was started to get wacky. i seem to remember a big article in Red Herring way back when; if memory serves. they had quite a PR machine in the day.

doody.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I bought a pair of gloves from there - it was definitely legit. They came and were fine.

Personally, I would much rather be able to try stuff on or get measurements on clothes. Ebay is often cheaper, plus you can get actual measurements on a suit or something, rather that just a size.

Best of all, of course, are the outlet malls. Woodbury Commons in the NYC area is amazing. I suggest if you are ever in the area you play it a visit. They have Neimans, Saks, and every designer you have ever heard of - Chanel, Armani, Fendi, Gucci, Prada, etc. etc. etc. I've bought $3,000 jackets for $150. http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ricky,

Am a HUGE bargain shopper but DEMAND quality.... Have spent four, perhaps five figures in 2003 alone. They are VERY legit. Everything as described, new, comes with all registration cards/extra buttons/etc. and they pay return postage of unwanted items. Must have 15 receipts from them here.

Hmm, in 2003 alone...

Two pair of A. Testoni shoes (awesome, even cheaper than in Italy at discount)

A few Armani suits (local Armani altered them for free, cheaper then when Armani runs their "off season" discount)

D&G smoking jacket (cigars supplied by me :) WAY WAY cheaper than in Italy)

D&G silk shirt (wild and awesome, WAY WAY cheaper than in Italy)

Armani and D&G silk ties

Frette sheets (a few sets of them. AVOID, way over rated. While MUCH cheaper than anyone else, Frette sheets are crap IMHO and i got the 600 thread count Egypt cotton, not the 200 count hotel ones)

Am sure i forgot a few things. Gosh i feel like a capitalist AND a professional shopper :)

Now if someone knew where i can get over 25% discount on a Wellendorff ring... Already get 35-40% off Patek watches, etc etc. Anyone here have a Wellendorff connection?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeah its actually the testoni shoe prices that caught my eye...those are great prices...here in london everything costs 40 to 60% more so i'll be doing all my shopping when i'm back home in ny but some of these prices at bluefly are amazing.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    BlueFly is a legit company, back in 1998 they were initially launched and designed by my mortal enemies KPE, Kaufman Perticof. They are planning to open retail stores shortly.

To be honest they are like an outlet shop.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i've been futzing on the site.

yeah, an outlet shop feels like the right characterization - but without all the ultra-maroons that generally fill up those damn outlet malls.

having fun poking through the pages though.

anybody remember when Jhane Barnes made FUN clothes? the JB stuff shown here is so darned boring.

i'm such a child of the 80s, but anybody remember those fun Wilkes Rodriguez shirts from back when?

for all the falsh-in-the-pan miami-vice excesses of the 80s (i still have a pair of black armani pants that i think of every time i pass a Miami Vice episode on tv!), there was some damn good understated design too (senor armani went both ways apparently just to be careful!)

doody.

10. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Do you guys know of any similar sites like Bluefly? Thanks

11. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I like www.sierratradingpost.com better than bluefly... They usually have a larger selection of clothes and shoes I like in sizes that actually fit me...

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

>>>i'm such a child of the 80s, but anybody remember those fun Wilkes Rodriguez shirts from back when?<<<

Yes and yes. Wow, a kindred spirit.

>>>for all the falsh-in-the-pan miami-vice excesses of the 80s (i still have a pair of black armani pants that i think of every time i pass a Miami Vice episode on tv!), there was some damn good understated design too (senor armani went both ways apparently just to be careful!)<<<

Yes they did. Funny you mention Miami Vice. Was going through my closets and found my old Miami Vice silk jacket purchased in the 80's. Lived in Miami at the time and actually watched quite a few episodes being filmed. Amazing, the jacket still fits me perfectly.

(Humor) Now i just need to find one of those ultra-thin ties to go with the jacket LOL

Doody, the more i read your posts, the more we seem to enjoy the same things in life.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

13. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    www.yoox.com

14. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    FREE Shipping on orders of $100 or more. Use coupon code AFFGIFT. New customers only. Expires 12/17/03.

Merry Christmas. :)