Want to remove my front bumper on my 348 | FerrariChat

Want to remove my front bumper on my 348

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 92verdescuro348ts, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Please help, anyone! Have you removed your front bumper before? Perhaps you can let me know where to look for all the screws that are holding on the front bumper. I am getting my car already to selll and time to rid it of the rock chips! Thanks all!

2. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Strange you should ask - I just got finished taking my bumper off just a few minutes ago tonight. It is amazingly straight forward. Basically it's:

1)open trunk, remove metal strips that hold the trunk liner down - unscrew the four screws (two on each side of the inside of the trunk) that hold the bumper on from the trunk side.

2) Jack up car, put on jack stands, remove wheels and forward wheel housings

3)remove the two screws (on each side) and backing plate that hold the bumper to the brackets attached to the frame (inside wheel well).

4) remove covers from fog lights, unscrew, disconnect wiring and remove fog lights

5)remove bumper - should be very easy if you've disconnected everything. once bumper is off, remove the L-shaped steel and rubber stops from the bumper so they don't get lost.

basically it's the removal of 8 nuts, 10 screws and disconnect a few lights and that's it. It took me about 2 hours to do - and this was my first time. Check your parts manual for details.

hope that helps.

Shan

3. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Thanks, I got someother feedback today as well. This site is awesome.