Grigio Alloy photos, anyone? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Grigio Alloy photos, anyone?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Cavallini, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Hubert, this picture just changed my mind about titanio. It is a scorcher!
    It plays with the light, day and night, but it doesn't seem to wash out the way argento does. Is this the case in real life? I haven't seen these colors in the flesh.

JPR

2. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    #27 whimike, Dec 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I am looking for the darkest gunmental type grey I can find for the 355 spider. Would Grigio Titanio fit this bill?

Rob

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    What is the color code for Grigio Alloy?

Thanks

5. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    In ordering my Spider I had planned it to be in Grigio Alloy. However after spotting a couple on the street, I changed to the classic red. My reasons for doing so was the Grigio Alloy came off looking fairly feminine and if not clean had the appearance of an ugly grey. In addition, the color is a big minus on resale.

Something to thing about.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

Grigio Titanio always stays bold, "metallic-ie", and sharp. Especially at night when there is light flashing on it. The metallic shines out. DUring the day, the Grigio Titanio paint, even though it is a dark grey, still seems like a sharp and intense grey color. The contrast of the color with the 360 stock wheels looks amazing during the day periods of intense light.

7. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Grigio Alloy 360 Modena :

8. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Grigio Titanio 360 Modena to compare :

9. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Argento Nürburgring 360 Modena to compare, you can find other color for many models on my website.

Alain
    www.cavallino.cc

10. A-Train

A-Train Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    A few quick points:

1. I completely understand why some people think Grigio Alloy seems feminine. The touch of sky blue does that. (Yes, I just knocked Grigio Alloy, but see my avatar, so it's allowed.)

2. My experience: Grigio Alloy stays clean-looking (that is, doesn't need a wash all that much) as well as any other silver color and does not become gray when dirty, not at all. I actually find that true Silver colors (titanium, etc., but not grigio alloy) look very nice but not stunning like a jet black or to a lesser extent, Grigio Alloy. That is just the nature of virtually all true silvers of any manufacturer. And this is coming from a guy (myself) who often chooses true silvers due to ease of keeping clean, but I liked how Grigio is a bit different so figured why not, even if it might be a bit feminine. ;)

3. On resale, based on the transaction #'s I've heard for 360's of a variety of colors, Grigio Alloy firm trade-in offers were virtually the same as for red and black 360 trade-ins.

Bottom line is you're getting what you like and enjoy the ride! And go for Tubis, too. Absolute music to the ears.

Thanks for reading.
    - A-Train

11. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    With regard to the Grigio Titanium, its a very "safe" color, it does not offend anyone, it looks good, in the sun, but when its cloudy or overcast it looks kind of dull, it really needs a bright color or light color interior to make it "work". Titanium with black interior is not really a good combo. Although resale is fine, I would recommend you go for the tradtional reds or the grigio blue.

Grigio seems to get thumbs up whenever I see people, not sure what resale will be like, not sure it matters on a car with a 3 year wait.