What women want? | FerrariChat

What women want?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Gilles27, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Read in USA Today about Volvo doing research into what women want in their cars. After polling hundreds of women, here is what they learned:

No Hood: The front end is designed as one large section, meant to be lifted only by the mechanic. The reasoning is women don't want to be bothered with maintenance.

No Gas Cap: The car has a race-car-style fueling system in which the gas nozzle goes in through an opening with a roller ball valve to prevent gas and fumes from escaping. Window washer fluid is poured into a reservoir next to the gas tank. (!)

Easy To Clean: The car has dirt-repellant paint and glass (?), as well as machine-washable seat covers.

Easy To Park: The car has a sensor to tell the driver if the car will fit in a parking space. It also can take over the steering to parallel park.

Also, they want headrests with a valley down the center for women who wear their hair in ponytails.

I think it's called a Valet/Chauffeur/Husband/Boyfriend. So basically they want a maintenance-free car that somehow never gets dirty (is there such a thing as dirt-repellant paint?), drives itself and won't mess their hair.Oh yeah. AND every gas station in the nation, no, make that WORLD is going to have to install brand new gas pumps. Plus, AAA is going to be up to its ears with cars that won't run because there's wiper fluid in the gas tank!

2. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Why are men so concerned with what women want. The majority of women could care less what men want. Men need to wake up and stop
    being such ******* only then will women give men the respect they deserve.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Men who own companies that sell things care about what women want. Kind of like saying "Who gives a s**t what teenagers want?" Well, their money matters. This might surprise you, as it did me. Last year, women bought 65% of new cars in the USA! Volvo's concern is because, while it only held 1% of the U.S. car market, it has the largest percentage of female buyers--53%--than any luxury brand.

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

5. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    The article must have forgot to add that the women polled also wanted an interior compartment for makeup, cell phones, and peppermint mocha lattes, arranged in such a way that they have access to any item at any given time while driving or in traffic.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Seems to me they bloody well don't want to do anything!

We men have to band together and make sure women don't screw up our cars! Let's start by promoting men to the upper elechelons to the automotive industry and make sure they stay there! And then we'll buy out those pantywaist Swedes and slowly bastarize their cars on universal American-based platforms!

BWUHAHAHAHA!!!

7. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Tis a noble goal, to be sure.

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    This is the typical USA Today - 3rd grade level crap that they write about. I seriously cannot believe how many people read this paper. It is right up there with the Weekly World News!

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I'm driving a chick car. An older chick car, at that, so I'm not surprised at this article in the least. It rivals Volvo's figures.

Just last week, my g/f tried to liberate my keys and give me her '01 Solara to drive. I told her, her car is more reliable (it isn't but sounded good), more expensive, and has more options. Not only that, its covered under warranty and I've beat the snot out of my car, eventually, it will break and I'd rather it do it to me. Noble of me, huh? :)

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Women don't really know what they want.

If they did, guys would fake it for them. (Women can fake orgasms. Guys can fake everything else.) :p

In general, what a woman wants ...

... is what some other woman has.

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    No kidding! Unbelievable avatar, by the way. Top notch!!