308 Windshield Washer Pump | FerrariChat

308 Windshield Washer Pump

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ksullender, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I have an 85 QV and was wondering if anyone knows of a windshield washer pump replacement?

Thanks

2. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I didn't get any replys which is unusual for this site. I thought I would repost with the holidays and maybe someone would have a suggestion.

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Haven't had to replace mine yet, but you might try either the dealer, FerrariUK parts, or www.italiancarparts.com (they sell a replacement washer pump). Another option might be TRutlands out of Georgia.

4. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    NOTE:
    A couple of years ago I bought a pump from ItalianCarParts. It turned out to be a 'universal' type of pump. It does not replace the stock pump, but bypasses it with a hose down into the reservior & an externally mounted pump. You can find the same sort of universal pump at almost any auto parts store. It'll spray fluid just fine. However is obviously not stock or near stock.

However, if your problem is that the original pump is leaking then it's no help.

Dealers & Ferrari.UK sell the washer fluid reservoir with the pump attached. Big $$$$

We discussed wiper pump alternatives a couple of weeks ago, pls transfer this discussion to the following thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3708&highlight=pump

5. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    My BMW pump is similar, but I haven't taken a close look to see how easy it might be to adapt...

-Wayne